Universal King Cashing 2 - (by Productions Multimage Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Feb 27, 2013.

1. dexter77

dexter77 Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    You must be proud of your second baby, with the first title you
    took my complete attention, it's at least 4 months that i'm waiting for KC2, you deserve many compliments for the great work that you did and also a loud "THANK YOU VERY MUCH GUYS!" for the decision to don't ruin
    the game experience with IAP crap.

Probably one of the most pleasant game on the entire store, i can spend more hours on this one than everything else!

2. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Well the whole IAP thing is that some are done right and I enjoy buying some extra stuff just because I want too, not because I have too. A perfect example is Heroes and Castles, I bought some IAP just because I was having alot of fun and didnt mind spending a little extra for some cool skins or extra crystals or what have you. ;)

3. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Another thread falls victim to the ever present obsession Touch Arcade users have with IAP; even when there is no apparent reason for IAP discussion because the game has no IAP... *Fingers in ears* Lalalalala....

4. DahakaJR

DahakaJR Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2010
    I drive trains, Locomotive Engineer.
    Pacific Northwest.
    Automatic buy for sure.

Put in that "support the dev" iap, I'll throw $20 your way.

After the first one and you guys adding a weapon in my name you deserve it.

Looking forward to tonight.

5. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    This is definitely a must-have! Instabuy!!!

6. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    my thoughts exactly.

7. Puce Moose

Puce Moose Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Hooray! I'm happy to see the story/comic panels in this one. I credit the first game as helping me lose about 10 pounds, as I only allowed myself to play it on the treadmill. I'm planning to continue the tradition with KC2. What a pleasant surprise to find this bad boy out today!

8. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    NICE! creative way of motivation! Good Luck!

9. multimage

multimage Well-Known Member

The base mechanic is the same: Match a party member and/or weapon with an enemy and it hits. But since we didn't want the game to be too much of the same, many new mechanics were added.

Most importantly, weapons can now have special abilities. This mean that a sword could fetch GP, grenades do splash damage, weapons can add temporary levels to your party members, some weapons explode for more damage, and the potions themselves offer a completely different gameplay style with poison and all. And these are just a few examples. So basically when you play a battle, many special things can happen making the battles more dynamic.

Another important feature is equippable party members. It adds a little more strategy now that you can chose your team.

Yeah I'm already working on Volume 4. I'll soon enter a stage where it's only balancing out the new volume. Graphically, it's only in outline mode for now so our illustrator needs to ink and color the pages, make the enemies (28 in Volume 4) and all the pixel arts for each of these enemies.

Here's an example: (Don't mind the temporary texts and fake button placement)
    [​IMG]

10. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    instabuy tonite

11. c.ihls

c.ihls Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Instabuy for sure :D

12. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    I can't wait to give you my money!

Between this and the update to Puzzle Craft today, I won't be getting anything done for weeks.

13. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Once it hits 11, I'll be hitting buy! The obsession returns, Thanks MultiMage!

14. multimage

multimage Well-Known Member

Well I forgot how hard the day before release is. Mostly it's just anxiously waiting and answering questions, and hoping no crash report comes out from the first countries that get the game. To think I might not even be up when it comes out. But I really can't wait to hear comments from those who got the game! So soon now!

15. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    iPad 3 retina? Sold! And thanks for including the info in the description :)

16. blackiepang

blackiepang Active Member

Nov 25, 2011
    [​IMG]
    Day 1 buy for me

17. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    How much of the game is the dexterity element of getting the reels to stop where you want them? That's the aspect of the first game that lost my interest.

18. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    haven't been this excited for a game in awhile! cant wait for tonight.

19. Naked Snake

Naked Snake Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    #39 Naked Snake, Feb 27, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
    I loved the first game and am excited to find out that there's a sequel, but I'm not crazy about the art style and really don't like the fact that enemies are normal humans in modern day clothing. I think it should be monsters and other fantasy creatures or medieval looking guys. But I'll probably still buy it... the humans thing really turns me off though, that seems like an odd decision.

I appreciate that it supports ipad retina.

Okay I read in the other thread that it's a modern day storyline and presented as more of a zombie game, I guess the art makes more sense in that context. I think I would rather be a human killing the zombies but I can't dictate what your game should be about, I'll buy the game though.

20. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Huh. Link directs to the first game. But I may jump right on this. Loved the first game, and this looks like an nice add on to that.