Universal King Cashing 2 - (by Productions Multimage Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Feb 27, 2013.

1. geoelectric

geoelectric Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    The cyborgette is far and away my favorite. The voice samples elevate her far above the others in terms of character, and I love the black humor. If I had a constructive suggestion, it would be to make *all* of them that cool. Every other character is honestly a little generic to me--except that one, which is f'ing brilliant.

2. applecat

applecat Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    I went with her based on her voice too, its really cool. The Tamer's cats have the cutest sound effect though, and in a strange way it's funny they gave the fox and the jackal the same bark :D

3. blackiepang

blackiepang Active Member

Nov 25, 2011
    1. No one has requested that "feature". Doesn't make much sense either to add support for that given the design of the game.

2. First world problem indeed /fpalm

4. Tastyfish

Tastyfish Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2011
    Okay, then let me be the first to officially ask to have portrait mode, please and thank you.

5. multimage

multimage Well-Known Member

First bug report! Thanks for reporting it. I'll look into that monday but I'm pretty sure I know what causes this.

OK here it goes, in depth details of Luck:

The first thing to know is that bosses drop a fixed quality of item when you beat them for the first time, regardless of luck. Getting any other kind of chests will use luck to determine quality.

Second, most enemies that are not sure to drop a chest have a 50% chance to drop a chest.

Finally, berserk normally has 10% chance to occur after your last turn. Each turn where nothing happens adds 5% cumulative to those chances. Chance of berserk can never go higher than 95% except some special early levels.

Here's what each Luck level does:
    Luck Level 1:
    - On item drop, determine quality: 38% chance of bronze, 56% chance of silver, 6% chance of gold.
    - If an enemy fails to randomly drop a chest, drop no chest.
    - No chance to boost the hit rate of a weapon.
    - No added chance of berserk.
    - No added chance of weapon effect to occur.

Luck Level 2:
    - Same perks as level 1 but changes the following perks:
    - On item drop, determine quality: 30% chance of bronze, 50% chance of silver, 20% chance of gold.
    - If an enemy fails to randomly drop a chest, 75% chance to try again.

Luck Level 3:
    - Same perks as level 2 but changes the following perks:
    - +40% chance of berserk.

Luck Level 4:
    - Same perks as level 3 but changes the following perks:
    - For each item equipped, 60% chance to add 1 hit rate to the weapon at the beginning of battle.

Luck Level 5:
    - Same perks as level 4 but changes the following perks:
    - Weapon effects with a chance of effect have x1.5 chance to occur.

Luck Level 6:
    - Same perks as level 5 but changes the following perks:
    - On item drop, determine quality: 20% chance of bronze, 50% chance of silver, 30% chance of gold.
    - If an enemy fails to randomly drop a chest, 100% chance to try again.

Luck Level 7:
    - Same perks as level 6 but changes the following perks:
    - +80% chance of berserk.

Luck Level 8:
    - Same perks as level 7 but changes the following perks:
    - For each item equipped, does the following 2 times: 70% chance to add 1 hit rate to the weapon at the beginning of battle.

Luck Level 9:
    - Same perks as level 8 but changes the following perks:
    - Weapon effects with a chance of effect have x2 chance to occur.

I always said, since King Cashing 1, that equipping 3 weapons of the same class gives more chance to yield critical hits. It might just be confirmation bias, but I'm pretty sure that you do more critical hits that way.

Thanks for getting king points! This is much appreciated!

Every suggestion made gets in a list and we determine later if we do it or not. So, suggestion noted.

6. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    So why does the king not have weapons to buy in the shop?

7. geoelectric

geoelectric Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    #187 geoelectric, Mar 3, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
    Shouldn't matter, assuming otherwise equal drops.

Assume full reels for simplicity sake. Same math works with empties included, just makes overall chances lower for everyone.

3 of the same means one character has all chances to hit, and the other two have nothing to hit. So, 1/3 chance overall of critical, all determined by reel 1. All possible hits are the same type.

All 3 different means each character has 1/3 of the second reel that can hit and 2/3 they can't. So no matter which char, 1/3 chance now determined by reel 2. But the chances are evenly distributed between weapon type.

2 same + 1 different means one char has 1/3 chance to hit, one char has 2/3 chance to hit, one char has none. So that's 1/9 + 2/9 (chance of char 1 hitting -or- char 2 hitting). That's 3/9 or 1/3. Predictably, it's twice as likely to be the 2-same weapon.

So all full reels, identical hit rates, 1/3 no matter what--just chances of what kind of hit change. Throw in empties and that goes down accordingly, but still equally for every formation.

Where it gets interesting is when one character or weapon drops more or hits harder. Then stacking to that combo makes a difference. Also, when fighting enemies with weaknesses, stacking to the weakness makes a big difference. Similarly, stacking away from immunities does as well.

So it's not so much about more critical hits overall, it's about getting more of the right kind of hit. But all else being the same, play the strongest weapon/character combos you own regardless of type.

This doesn't apply so much to the necromancer though because he changes the second reel. I tend to keep him in (unless immune/resistant) just to fill empty spaces. His crits also accelerate through the game due to more and more zombies. He's a fun character.

8. multimage

At first he was not even supposed to be playable. But then it didn't make sense to have aparty member fight alone in the first battle when he didn't even raised any zombie yet. So we added the King as a temporary weak character. At that point, all weapons were decided for all the zombies and even the pixel art was done. So a scepter was created so he could have a wepaon for criticals and it stayed like that. I'm still not ruling out a levelupable King with more weapons in an update. But this explains why he's like that in the current version.

You see, I never even bothered to check the stats for that. I knew confirmation bias was probably making me see patterns where there wasn't. So I stand corrected. I'll probably remove that tip too in the update.

9. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Multi what does enemies like the human master mean?

10. applecat

Nov 26, 2012
    Read the tips! If you beat these masters with 3 weapons of their resistance equipped, you get a special weapon.

geoelectric explained my confusion with the critical comment perfectly :)

multimage: thanks for typing out the luck levels, I thought each level added a fixed percentage but now I see that level 6 is all that's needed for maximum golden gear farming :)

11. Wingy

Wingy Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    #191 Wingy, Mar 3, 2013
    Thanks devs for a great game.

I just need one more gold star again the call of defence (woman with the shield) - been trying for so long and getting rather annoyed. A serious amount of luck I think with trying to beat her. Realistically you only have about 6 turn's at her before the gold rank drops to a silver. It's seriously tough.

Can anyone confirm actually how to get the secret unique weapon? Am I right in thinking it's against the 3rd endurance boss and you have to use a blade to finish him off? Can it be a critical using the blade or just a blade hit itself and can I use the purple blade for the higher hit rate to do so?

EDIT - After posting this I got the secret unique weapon of the king by just equipping butcher knifes and nothing else. The weapon I got help me to defeat the woman with the shield.

SO THANK THE LORD - as I never thought I would have done it.

Bit sad I done everything possible in the game now so seriously looking forward to chapter 4.

I would say both king cashing's and both Sword and Poker games rank as the most addictive game ever made on iOS and has left me many times in the lurch with no battery when out and about.

Already given 5* review.

12. applecat

Nov 26, 2012
    That's the hardest one, try using the potion that adds 5-7 enemies to the last reel and learn how to stop at least the first reel and third reel where you want it by reading the patterns (the 2nd one is very difficult to do)

Yea that's how you get it, just wear him down to like 100-200hp and then use no characters and 3 x butcher knife from the store (and 3x exp bonus) to be safe. Critical hit does work also though.

King being happy with the exp he earned from battle:

[​IMG]

13. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    CONGRATULATIONS!
    King Cashing 2 has been nominated, alongside 9 other games in the
    TouchArcade Forums [thread=180060]Game of the Week![/thread]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

What's your favorite? Who will win? [thread=180060]VOTE NOW[/thread]!

(as a reminder, developers are not allowed to vote if their game is in the poll)

14. multimage

Exactly. By the way, the amount of GP you have is insane! Never saw anyone reach level 21 with the first version and I see you are about to get to 22, wow! You do realize that you'll breeze through volume 4 now eh? ;)

That's great! Vote vote vote people!

15. applecat

Nov 26, 2012
    #195 applecat, Mar 3, 2013
    The ability to read & stop the reels precisely removes the difficulty anyways,
    as long as there'll be a new secret boss & better items to collect in volume 4, I'll be a happy player :)

Just for fun I racked up over 1m gp with bonuses from the 3rd endurance battle before bowing out in favour of exp :p

Based on there being a 3550, 3950 and 4350gp weapon for everyone but the Alchemist, I'm missing three animals, two guns and one robot for a full collection of the games' weaponry :p

Energetic Joseph with that 2x ability trigger from level 9 luck sure helps!

[​IMG]

16. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    My vote is in for King Cashing!

17. multimage

Just so you know, all humans with an army guy style are placeholders for the next version. These are supposed to be enemies from volume 4 but they were not done when version 1.0.1 was released. So the name and pixel art will change but the power, hit rate and abilities will stay.

Many thanks!

18. Puce Moose

Puce Moose Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Yep, mine as well! This game definitely deserves GOTW. I spent another 10 minutes on it tonight on the treadmill; that's a half hour so far that I've played, and I'm still in the first volume.

Oh, multimage, a question (you may have answered this previously, but I couldn't find/remember the answer). You mentioned that there is a new volume/chapter in the works. Is this going to be an IAP unlock, or is it a free update?

19. ypai1217

ypai1217 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2013
    Umm, so how do you unlock the endurance levels? Do you have to beat the volume 3 boss?

20. multimage

Thanks for the vote!

Thanks for the vote! And volume 4 will be free.

Yes.