Universal Kinetic Damage (by Benjamin Marchand)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Exact-Psience, Jun 5, 2013.

1. m44

m44 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2013
    SF skills are going to come into play. :) Tai Chi Chaun/Dhalsim, Break/Blanca. It's totally different, but some of those strategies can work in this game.

This game is addictive. I think somebody needs to take this away from me. :D

2. pheriannath

pheriannath Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2012
    #122 pheriannath, Jun 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2013
    Excellent fighting game!

A few bugs to highlight, you may have heard them already. I'm running the game on an iPhone 5 with iOS 6.1.4.

So I've created 3 fighters in career mode:

- Fighter 1 has a partner (let's call him Partner 1). I play Fighter 2 sometime later and get a partner for him called Partner 2. A little while later, I play Fighter 1 again and I find out Partner 1 has been replaced somehow by Partner 2 (so Fighter 1 and Fighter 2 have the same partner now).

- I create Fighter 2, earn 200 credits, decide I don't like the guy and delete him. Immediately after I create a new Fighter 2 (same name, different clothes & fighting art), and discover I have somehow inherited 200 credits. I'm not sure if this is deliberate.

- In some instances I can 'over-pay'. So with Fighter 2 I have 600 credits, but I somehow enter an event with a cost of 800 credits. I lose that event and find out I have a total of -200 credits in my account. Suddenly I'm unable to enter any event, not even the free ones (because I'm certain those events have been defined as cost = 0 rather than cost <= 0).

- Sometimes the app crashes out in the middle of a fight, presumably when lots of stuff is being processed. Memory leak? (This happened a lot more often after I made 3 fighters in career).

- Any information regarding how the game handles Krav Maga would be appreciated. There are certain times when my Krav Maga fighter comes up against an 'unthrowable' foe - that is, he manages to land the first move of a combo and follows through with the rest of the moves, but during the move which is supposed to throw/pin the opponent to the ground, the opponent somehow shakes it off and remains standing. Is this intended behaviour or a glitch? (Maybe the guy somehow has higher strength than my guy and avoids being thrown/pinned somehow?) Edit: the game almost always end up crashing shortly afterwards...am guessing this is somehow related?)

Really looking forward to multiplayer coming out. Judging from the comments earlier, the multiplayer scene badly needs some Krav Maga representation :D

3. Buck bottleneck

Buck bottleneck Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2013
    Musician
    France
    Same for me i'm stuck on it . :D
    I hope there Will be more reviews on KD.
    More sells means more updates and more experience:)
    I can't wait for the multi to see how people are playing

4. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    How about mailing more reveiwers?

5. Buck bottleneck

Jun 5, 2013
    Musician
    France
    #125 Buck bottleneck, Jun 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2013
    That's what i think .benjamin told me that he has no return ( negative or positive ) from the reviewers he contacted . He has sent promo codes, but no return....
    I think it's because he's an indie dev.:mad:
    It would be a studio there would be answers .....
    I think reviews Will suddenly appear when there will more players playing KD....:(
    For the moment 1 french site talked about it, an english one and 2 chinese.
    And of course TA :p

If you like it , talk about it to your friends. Ben deserves it

6. m44

m44 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Absolutely! :) Anybody even remotely interested in fighting games should get this ASAP. Most martial arts games have a huge move list (Virtua Fighter for example). This game is actually approachable even if you aren't great at fighting games. And you will never loose to somebody spamming fireballs. ;)

K.D. is on my very short list for Game of the Year. I left a good review on the app store and nominated it for TA's game of the week (it has my vote as soon as the poll goes up). I really hope this become "the iOS fighter".

7. golden_gate

golden_gate Member

Jun 7, 2013
    @m44,

You hit the nail right on the head with the hammer. It really helps when those who purchase it actually take the time to rate and review on iTunes. I want to see this game boosted to iTunes' "New and Noteworthy". If gamers keep it a secret that they like it it won't help Ben get the traction he deserves...

8. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    I reveiwed it.
    Hope it helps.

9. arr4ws

arr4ws Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2010
    Reviewed as well

10. m44

m44 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2013
    #130 m44, Jun 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
    Thai Chi Chaun is amazing. I'm just getting the hang of Qi Burn and it's really adding another layer of depth. Qi Burn builds up over just a few seconds. You can detonate it and multiply the damage or use it to heal. . . . You also need 30/40 energy to use it.

[​IMG]

The AI really took at beating towards the end of this match, and the Qi Burn was up to 541 (8 hits) :eek: I didn't have enough energy to use it tho.

11. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    What level of AI?
    I feel as if legends are like bosses and pros are a fun match, advanced guys are like norms.

12. m44

m44 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2013
    #132 m44, Jun 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
    I was playing a legend sparring match. I healed a couple times and I've been playing way too much. :D

13. Buck bottleneck

Jun 5, 2013
    Musician
    France
    Thanks saansilt and aar4ws

14. poppichicken

poppichicken Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2012
    South Australia
    I've been telling friends about KD, and I've left a glowing review on the Australian App Store. I agree with earlier sentiments - I'd love to see this become known as "the iOS fighter".

15. Buck bottleneck

Jun 5, 2013
    Musician
    France
    Thanks to you poppichicken

16. KineticDamage

KineticDamage Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Thank you guys for your feedback and reviews !
    @pheriannath : great report ! I'm fixing these right now.

Now I'm back to work on Training mode,
    see you soon !

17. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Still have the mask glitch.
    Tried reseting the cache.
    Didn't work

18. KineticDamage

KineticDamage Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    This is corrected and will be pushed in the next update.

19. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
  20. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    I voted for this.