Universal Kinetic Damage (by Benjamin Marchand)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Exact-Psience, Jun 5, 2013.

1. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Dive Kicks, wut?

About the AI, I know that it has problems with jab, jab, short and long ranged air attacks while jumping backwards. I wonder how people will play in the online. No FBs, no SRKs, "no throws"...

2. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013

Diagnol jump backwards and kick. They cannae beat it.

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I'd want to preorder steelseries stratus, but im hesitating. If Kinetic Damage gets support, Stratus would be instabuy now.

I hope Ben can drop in with an answer for this. :)

4. KineticDamage

KineticDamage Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Hey ! Just a quick passing-by to confirm that I will push iOS7 controllers support in a further update. I need to check if the plugin I have to buy is working properly, but there should be no reason that it's not. I will also take a pass on AI difficulty, trying to make higher levels a bit more challenging. Meanwhile, I'm getting closer and closer to having a stable version of multiplayer. Thanks for your input, guys, and be sure that even if I don't always have enough news to post in there, I still keep reading your feedback. Cheers.

5. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Oh that's so awesome! I was really really hoping that this would get controller support. I just got my MOGA controller a couple weeks ago, and I'm really trying to not ask developers to add support (people that do nothing but bug devs to keep updating their games with specialized item support kind of annoy me - and I purchased the controller knowing what games were supported, and figured that playing those games [and no more] was worth it to me...), but it's always great to hear when a game has, or plans to implement support.

So... anyway... thanks again! Can't wait to play my favorite fighter (and one of my favorite all around iOS games) with physical buttons. =oD

6. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Any news?

7. KineticDamage

Jul 27, 2012
    Absolutely :) I'm pushing an update to Apple this weekend that will enable iOS Game Controller support, and will crank up the AI difficulty.

That last point is raised up exponentially from AI's grade. I tested it quite extensively, and there's definitely a bigger challenge. That also makes AI partners more valuable.

8. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Woooo!!! Can't wait to play this on my MOGA! KOF is great n all, but we need more fighters with controller support...

9. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Did you also fix the back jump exploit?

10. KineticDamage

Jul 27, 2012
    #610 KineticDamage, May 5, 2014
    Last edited: May 5, 2014
    I fixed a bunch of AI behaviours too, including jumping appoximation problems. I can't confirm that it will solve this exploit as I couldn't reproduce it :/ I'll keep a close eye on it though.

I'm glad you'll be able to test the MOGA :] The integration interfce will be the same as iCade one, you'll just have to chose which controller type you want (iCade or Game Controller).

11. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Just wanted to say that I picked this game up tonight and all I can express is I'm incredibly pleased! Graphically it looks stunning on my ipad and my first fight was so exciting I just had to log on TA and praise this game. I created a gorgeous female fighter and named her Astrid.... ku fung master:) It was great fun creating her at the beginning of the game. I'm totally amazed that I didn't pick this up before but better late than never. Can't wait to immerse myself in this magical world that this obviously talented developer has created. I have many fighter games but this one has something about it that says to me "Special"

12. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Yeah, its the best fighter on iOS.
    The standard by which I test all others, even those on console.

13. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    What about the online MP? Any news regarding this?

14. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Any news about the update? Was it rejected by Apple... or are we just playing the waiting game...?

15. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    And still no word?

16. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
  17. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
  18. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    I actually think it's a good choice. Ads are way better than timers or second currency (imagine energy bar, gems to unlock fighter or fighting style in KD... ewww). If the dev has to make convert his game to freemium, this is the least insulting way to do it.

I still embrace Dong Nguyen's idea: ads are suitable for mobile games. I mean think about it, who needs to play a fighting mobile game online? Well, multiplayer is yet to be added anyway.

19. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    If there's a genre that seriously needs online it's this one. A fighting game without (proper) online can't keep the community alive for too long.

20. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Depending on how frequent, or how the ad is presented, I am on the fence to see if adding ad to the iOS version is a good thing or not -- anyway, I paid the game at full.