Universal Kinetic Damage (by Benjamin Marchand)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Exact-Psience, Jun 5, 2013.

1. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Wait, the icon of the game was changed, but what about the iTunes icon? In the AppStore the game still has the old icon. And what about those tags that appear in most screenshots in the AppStore like "Console-like graphics!" and such?

2. Darklloyd777

Darklloyd777 Active Member

Feb 23, 2013
    Hello Benjamin, I bought the game 2 days ago and it is a really good game, I am glad it plays well on iPod 4g. The only problem I have right now it that I wasted 800 coins on a match to try to earn a pro partner. I won and I was going to see how coaching was on this game but then my game crashed and I lost my partner. Any ideas on what happened?

3. Darklloyd777

Feb 23, 2013
    Ok I won a legend partner, wasting 1000 coins because he disappeared after I left career (I left instantly because I thought it would save). Are partners temporary? It was never clarified in the game. I have lost 1800 coins trying to get a good partner.

4. KineticDamage

KineticDamage Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    #584 KineticDamage, Oct 20, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
    Ha, that good ol' NES pad vibe ... :)

Wait, what ? :O
    I didn't change the infos since last update, that's quite strange ?

Hello Darklloyd, I saw you one-starred the app because of this. That crash is not normal, could you send me in private message any detail you have about : your device generation, graphic settings, and the type of match you were playing ? Thank you, so I can investigate :)

5. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    You know, those messages that companies like GL put in the screenshots of their games, like "console-like graphics!", "detailed circuits!", "more than 60 missions!". Things like that.

The icon is the first thing that people see in the AppStore, that's why IMO it should be changed to the new one, and the screenshots are the second thing they see. Yeah, that's right, the description, the most important thing, it's the last thing people see, that's why there are so many "this app isn't what I bought!", "ipod 4 not supported wtf 1 star" and so many scams where the devs say in te description that the app is a gallery so it's "legit" and people keep buying the app thinking it's the real thing. Maybe in the screenshot about the graphics you can hide the HUD to show people the graphics themselves.

6. KineticDamage

Jul 27, 2012
    #586 KineticDamage, Oct 20, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
    Ah, maybe I didn't understand correctly, but there aren't any message like that, and all the screenshots are really screenshots (taken from a 4S, graphic options at max), so I think it's ok ? The new icon has been submitted since last update, but if it's not the right one, I'd be surprised. I'll take a look tomorrow then :)

7. Darklloyd777

Feb 23, 2013
    Oh by the way I 1 starred the game before the partner crashes, it just happened so often, then I reset it and the crashes minimized. Sometimes it crashes but not too often, I will change my review right now, I was too lazy a while ago. I will try winning more partner fights to see if the circumstances repeat. I have an IPod 4g and I believe it's currently set to lowest graphics. I think the bigger problem right now is that the partners don't save. BTW can you explain how the special tactics works? You should add the tip for iPod 4g users to reboot after installing so they don't 1 star right away like me.

8. Darklloyd777

Feb 23, 2013
    Well I don't know if this is supposed to happen but my partners never save. I also won a partner and I was able to "use" her, but I didn't see any special coaching buttons on my iPod 4g, pretty much I was only observing. I also believe that the finishing moves, the cool knockout scene that appears that shows the hit that you did to defeat the opponent, I think that slows and makes the future iPod matches lag, leading to the crash. That's how I see it.

9. KineticDamage

Jul 27, 2012
    Hi Loyd, thank you for your feedback ! I can understand the frustration, don't worry. I will investigate this on my 3GS, to see if problem's not tied to the amount of RAM, as I keep testing it daily on higher hardware bug free. I'll submit an update asap :)

10. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    What I meant is something like this:
    [​IMG]
    It makes the game feel more serious and polished than just screenshots, and you can write there things like "8 different customizable fighting styles!" and things like that, using them as a summary of the game's description. It's the best way to tell people what the game offers that others don't to draw their attention from the first moment they see the page, since screenshots are before the app's description.

And about the icon, at least in the AppStore it's still the old one:
    [​IMG]
    In iTunes it also has the old icon, both in the iTunes page and the menu with all your downloaded apps.

Attached Files:

11. KineticDamage

Jul 27, 2012
    Thanks Varo, that's great advice ! I'll definitely do that for the next update :)

12. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    Looks like it is the only fighting game for iPhone 5 widescreen support....

13. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Whenever I pause the game, exit, and come back, the game automatically resumes. Just exits the pause screen on its own.

Is there any chance this could be changed (fixed?)? I've lost some matches because of it... Kinda frustrating.

14. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Also it would be better to make the game automatically pause a match after going back to the SB.

BTW any news?
    Oh, and about the online, I already said it in the Volt's thread, but I'm having some serious problems with SFxT's online (PC). The opponent just teleports like crazy and in one frame I hit the opponent and in the next one I'm the one getting hit. Please, tell me the rollback you (Ben) talked about earlier isn't anything like this. As far as I know, it makes matches with some ping extremely unplayable and matches with really low ping smooth (in that game I'm getting teleport issues and such against people near my country anyway).

15. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Those of you who have enjoyed this game...

There is an Indie GOTY poll that's going to go up on January 7th. If you feel that Kinetic Damage deserves to be in the top 10 Indie Games for TA's indie GOTY vote, shoot on over to the thread and nominate your favorites of 2013. http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=212954

Kinetic Damage was a very easy choice when thinking of my personal top 10 indie picks... and it'd be a real shame if this incredibly depthy fighter went unnoticed, especially in the indie poll... =oP

Anywho... GET OVER THERE!! =oD

16. KineticDamage

Jul 27, 2012
    #596 KineticDamage, Jan 1, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
    Hi fellow Kinetic Damagers ! :)

First, I'd like to wish you all a happy new year ! With much success in love, work, and of course in gaming !

Sorry for the absence, I was a bit off the net this month, due to family and personal reasons, but can assure you that the multiplayer was still being worked out. In this light, I'd really like to thank you all for your patience. I mean it. This project was a colossal amount of work from day one, and still hasn't ceased to be. If I didn't have such a chance to have great understanding people like you all, it would be quite more difficult to deliver quality. So, a big thank you, guys.

Hi Syntheticvoid ! Absolutely, I'll push it in an update I wanted to send in december. By the way, I can't thank you enough for your support in TA Indie GOTY :)

Hi Varo ! Actually, that's one drawback of Rollback with a high ping. As the action is never suspended, it can lead to such frame skipping. One solution would be to let the players chose the degree of frame skip they can tolerate before switching back to delaying the input. That's what Skullgirls is doing, if I'm not mistaken.
    For some news, I'm still battling with refining the rollback code to an absolute zero error. I'm close to it, but it still requires insane amounts of debugging. I'll keep you informed at least once every 2 weeks (unless the job is complete before). I'll also change the "Coming Soon" subtitle under Multiplayer in Title screen by "Work in Progress", which is more relevant.

Until next time, take care !

Ben

17. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Will there be a chance for iOS7 controller support? This seems like one i'd spend time on with the controller.

18. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    OMG, this would be fantastic with MFi controller support... I'm getting one next month and right now I've only got a few games that support it and a wish list miles long full of games that would be awesome to play with the newer controllers... I've also bought a couple of games because they have controller support...

But I don't know if they're even going to pck up steam enough for more Devs to even consider adding it... I mean iCade is pretty popular and there's still tons of games that don't get released with it (I'm guessing most the time they want to see how many people even ask for it to be implemented...).

19. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Nah, don't worry. It seems that it's just SFxT bad netcode after all those problems, since lots of other people in forums and sites about fighting games seem to have the same problems. I also have SG (Squigly FTW!!!!) and no problems there, aside from some disconnections that happened in earlier versions of the game that were fixed.

Also, any news regarding improving the 3D models?

20. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    I wonder, why can't the AI counter backwards dive kicks?