KillaTron 2112 Free Promo Codes

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by appman2010, Sep 2, 2010.

1. appman2010

appman2010 Member

Sep 1, 2010
    #1 appman2010, Sep 2, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
    I have a limited number of promo codes left to give out and seeing as I like this forum so much, it will be here.

KillaTron 2112 is styled around Robotron, you may not have heard of it but it's a classic arcade game from '82.

So if you would like a promo code and you would kindly review it, good or bad, then E-mail on [email protected] add message header promo code KillaTron 2112.

Note: This offer will probably expire very soon so don't E-mail after 4th September 2010.

2. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Email sent! :)

3. appman2010

appman2010 Member

Sep 1, 2010
    KillaTron 2112 App Store Game

Forget to say, this is an Apple App Store game.

4. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Thank you for the code! :D

5. Ouisch

Ouisch Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    I'm a big enough fan of Robotron that I do want to see what this is like. Message sent.

6. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Thanks for the code! Will review as soon as I get a chance!

7. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Email sent. Also used to love Robotron so looking forward to trying this take on it.

8. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Kiilatron 2112 Review

First off thank you for the code and here is my review.
    Okay this is my first review so please bear with me.

Graphics - 3 out of 5
    Old school bit sprite goodness. This reminds me of Robotron (old school shooting game) that gave birth to the dual stick shooter genre.

Sound - 3 out of 5
    Again, old school bells and whistles. Not as good as Robotron, but surely close. The determining factor is that Robotron had voice overs, other than that pretty good.

Control - 3 out of 5
    Could be better, sometimes sticks and hard to reach angles, but pretty good. Movement of character is quick and responsive, shooting lags a little.

Gameplay - 5 out of 5
    Your typical dual stick shooter, tons of enemies and a lot going on the screen. Levels are quick, and entertaining. Better than Robotron because of the power ups. The power ups help and are powerful.

Overall Experience 3.5 out of 5
    I liked the fact that this reminded me of Robotron (back in the 80's) the godfather of dual stick shooters, albeit better in some instances, Killatron 2112 is a great replacement for Robotron. For people familiar with Robotron, will not be disappointed. I found that this will pass the time for just running and gunning. Tip: Change the control settings in the beginning, the default is left for shoot and right for movement.

9. appman2010

appman2010 Member

Sep 1, 2010
    Review

Thanks for the review. The controls were always a challenge and being on a small screen it was a trade off but I think it works. I would love to try it on an IPad. Please could you also review the game on the app store.

10. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Sure no problem.

11. appman2010

appman2010 Member

Sep 1, 2010
    Killatron 2112 Robotron clone for IPhone/Ipad

I would just like to say thanks to the people who left a review for my Robotron clone. Also does anyone have any tips on how best to promote an app. The reviews I have had have been very positive and it is a shame more people don't get to see it. I guess that is the beast that the app store is.

12. Chocolate

Chocolate Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    No, it did not.

I owned an arcade cabinet running the original Robotron 2084. There are no voices in the game. Only sound effects (very good sound effects). You may be confused with Berzerk ("Get the intruder!"), which was one of the first games with digitized voices.

Wish I hadn't missed the promo codes. I LOVE Robotron, and would've liked to give this game a shot when my Touch 4th gen arrives.

Same old problem on the app store - TOO MANY games to buy!

13. Chocolate

Jan 10, 2010
    #13 Chocolate, Sep 9, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
    Apparently the free app day promos can help, since thousands of people at least become aware of it that way. These boards are great, but I'd imagine more people watch the free app sites.

And of course getting a front page mention in TA news, and/or a review would help too.

By the way, thanks for making a Robotron game. I might get it in the future. You know, another thing that would help is posting a video, so people can see it and hear it in action.

14. appman2010

appman2010 Member

Sep 1, 2010
    Killatron 2112 free app day advice

I like the idea of promoting using a free app day website. Please could you recommend any web sites?

I don't really expect to make any money out of the app store, it's more a case of bringing back to life the feeling of days gone by.

15. LKir

LKir Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2010
  16. Chocolate

Jan 10, 2010
  17. appman2010

appman2010 Member

Sep 1, 2010
    KillaTron 2112 Robotron Clone

Hi

Thanks for the info, I have E-mailed freeappsaday and they love my game. So I'm looking into taking it further. Ideally I want it advertised as paid.