Universal Kill the Plumber World (by Keybol)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sugimulm, Feb 1, 2016.

1. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    That sucks Billy how could they reject a review and not the app.

Thank you very much sobriquet
    Thanks for the help! I have also had a talk with an Amazon evangelist in twitter and he gave me a direct link to the report page.
    https://twitter.com/jessefreeman/status/698939174481604608

I already sent a complaint on this link it maybe helpful to know

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/reports/infringement

Also here is the video interview and it has some nice recap of the conversation in english on the video.
    http://news.abs-cbn.com/lifestyle/gadget-and-tech/v1/02/12/16/pinoy-made-video-game-turns-hero-into-villain

2. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    I have actually created an Amazon developer account because of this and O am now looking at the steps to publish Kill the Plumber on Amazon Underground.

3. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Cool!

A question, Keybol: are you planning to launch more levels in an update in the future? Just wondering :) I'm on World 8, having 3-starred everything so far - including both Lost Levels :)

One thing I'd like to mention, though: it seems the trophy room achievements aren't triggering correctly. Case in point: I 3-starred all World 1, but still I don't seem to have the "get all 108 stars in World 1" trophy.

I also beat level 84, but don't have the "Water Warlord" trophy.

Just wondering :)

Best, and great job!

4. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Yes we will update it and we have already planned out Map 4 levels which is about lava levels and a ship for the last world. Although we may want to reserve that for later, as we would like to keep that for the final map. We will probably do a Sky level or a Giant level as well.

Regarding the achievements, I've never encountered a bug on that so far, but I will check again. Is this the Game Center achievement or the room itself? Can you check if on Game Center you unlocked it also? I can also update the game so a second check will be done when you load the game.

5. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    It's interesting, and a bit of a mess.

I was talking about the room itself.

Looking at Game Center, I have "Water Warlord", though it's not marked as achieved in the room.
    I still don't have "Lost Levels - get 108 stars on Map 1" on either, though. Weird.

Cool, looking forward to a future update :)

6. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    That's not a problem. Hopefully my review will stop some people from downloading this ripoff. I tried to put links in the review to the different places your game can be purchased, but you can only link to stuff on the Amazon site in their reviews.

That's great. That form is only for IP holders so I can't use it, but I hope Amazon takes action when they see your complaint.

Very nice. I wish our news organizations would do interviews where the subject was something fun. Instead we get 24/7 updates on who's been killed and which celebrities are sleeping together.

Looks like you might have been a little nervous, first time on television maybe? Where you checking your text messages or looking for the answers on your phone?;) I think that's the first time I've ever seen someone check their phone in the middle of an interview. I'm not criticizing, I just got a laugh from it.

This is good news for sure. I think my son will love your take on the "Plumber". Mario and Sonic are his favorites. He's only 6 and I'm thrilled that his favorite game characters are from games I played as a kid.

7. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    I was actually thinking about this moments ago, but I can see the sequel being "Kill the hedgehog".

;)

8. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Hell yeah lol! I'd pre-order !

Billy

9. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Ok thanks, so Game Center triggered but not on local achievement. Got it.

As for the hedgehog sequel, lol it could be challenging to design as the blue hedgehog moves too fast

10. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I bet he wouldn't outrun a bullet. Hehehe

I just wanted to say I really love your game. I do wish it didn't require you to be so precise but I have to say every level is very satisfying when you kill that plumber! I love the block levels when you smush him hehe the level that has frustrated me the most is that ghost one. I wanted to throw my iPhone on that one lol

I see why your game has won awards. Also your price point is very fair. Did Amazon remove that fake yet?

Billy

11. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Thanks. I patterned the design on quick challenges games like Wario Ware and NES Remix, so yeah killing the plumber needs to be satisfying to be worth all the trouble. If you need a guide on beating the levels, MattShea made a series for the complete game and getting 3 stars on all 144 levels (including the bonus one) earning him Perfectionist achievement.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWTriYLHVDk

I am already in contact with 2 Amazon representatives and they say that takedown will be done in at least 24-48 hours.

12. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    #92 pjft, Feb 16, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
    Kill the Plumber World (by Keybol)

Yes, I had to find him as there's a level that was somewhat frustrating - the one with 5 cannons, where we had to make the plumber jump out by jumping off 5 bullets. I believe it was 110. That level was not especially fun, to be honest - I did find that one to be cannon ones to be the weaker link.

Other than that, 3-stars on everything so far, just the last Lost Levels to go! :)

Edit: actually I lied. Level 139 takes the cup for least fun level so far. Even the YouTube fellow, MattShea was dumbfounded with that level after making it. :/

13. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    The one where the plumber is above the screen, oh yeah that level sucks. My intention was to pay homage on mario where he will finish the level above the ceiling but the design I couldnt get right. I will revisit that level and make it fun.

For the cannons I thought people were enjoying it on the first map but I guess it was the novelty the first time seeing and being able to play as cannons that made it interesting to players. I promisr you wont be seeing them again much like the ghosts.

Anyway the Amazon fake game is taken down.:)

14. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    That's great news. I'm glad to see Amazon will fix their mistakes. Hope to see the real game on there soon. #

15. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Well, don't read too much into my comments - I didn't mean to suggest that all cannon levels weren't interesting :)

To be honest, my main gripe is (was) level 110, which I mentioned. I felt it was overly frustrating as it was too much trial and error. Level 111 is similar, but feels much more reasonable and "achievable", while level 110 feels just like random luck. The effort to make it to "almost there" in 111 is manageable, so that you don't feel is unfair, while in 110 you can easily spend several minutes there without even getting anywhere and feeling lost. Maybe if it was just 3 cannons high it would feel more achievable - and potentially it would be "after" 111, as 111 feels easier than this one. Just a thought about swapping the two levels.

As for the one with the plumber being out of the screen, I actually liked the homage, and the first time I was playing it I was like "huh?", which was fun.

But then, trying to really make it happen time and time again and having no feedback makes it frustrating - meaning, once again, that it will be by plain luck that someone will make it through that level reliably. The only feedback the game ever gives me is the "dust" animation when the plumber theoretically touches the ground in the beginning, but I cannot reliably make anything happen around that input, so it's really frustrating.

I like the idea. But maybe changing the level in a way where the player can actually feel empowered to do something that he controls, rather than just blindly trying and trying again. Maybe tie the "trigger" for the player to start moving to that animation, and make the plumber not be so sensitive to when it's going to jump.

Or change the level map so that we need to force the plumber to jump, and then need to get another character in a position for the plumber to fall on it. I'm not sure.

My 2 cents.

I actually do not have any problems with the ghosts, they were actually fun to play as!

16. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Dont worry I decide based on many factors and other players I have observed has the same opinions as you. That homage level is plain bad. The cannon levels has a bit of a hint on the solution though. Ghosts are fun to play but difficult to understand and control. Maybe I can do a variation of the ghosts though in future levels.

Which enemies would you like to see in the update? Here are some I am thinking.

1. A ball chomper that bounces all the time and you control left and right.
    2. A gumbo which can throw wrenches straight and can hide but can be stomped.
    3. Gumbo that throws bouncing fireball like the Plumber.
    4. Masked Gumbo has no ability just a variation of the brown gumbo. This is tribute to a certain shy enemy.
    5. Small cannon that shoots cannonball in any direction.
    6. Firechain that can be moved clockwise or counterclockwise

17. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    I actually like most, as they would definitely bring some new things to play.

#5 seems to be very similar to the "plant cannon" that comes out of a pipe and throws fireballs anywhere, or am I missing something?

Still, I would not oppose any.

Anything around just shooting a single, large "Bullet Bill" together with other controllable enemies? Or one shot cannons?

What about controlling moveable platforms (i.e. sliding sideways or up and down), where your input is really just pushing a button to have them switch direction and your job is to try to make the plumber miss his jump?

I'm not sure, I really never gave it much thought about what would work or not, I'll be honest.

I trust your judgement :)

18. David1886

David1886 Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2015
    This is super fun!
    Sweet revenge)

19. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    #99 keybol, May 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
    Reason behind JackSepticEye's LP of KTP takedown