Universal Kill the Plumber World (by Keybol)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sugimulm, Feb 1, 2016.

1. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    #21 keybol, Feb 2, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
    Hi I am terribly sorry for this mistake, I seem to be able to reproduce it once on my iPhone 6 and iPad mini when I tried the release version but then couldn't reproduce it anymore. It seems like initial save get error. In my original test device, I didn't encounter it, so I feel like the release version build I uploaded may have some technical bug inside I didn't see.

I will immediately fix it this week.

Thank you to sumigulm for posting about the game release. I was too busy to announce it when our national TV asked for an immediate interview.
    [​IMG]

We also got our game's assets ripped off and made into another game http://flash.7k7k.com/cms/cms10/20150727/1808248409/3366.com/nrzex3om.swf
    [​IMG]

2. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    There was also a Minecraft: Pocket Edition 2 which is clearly not an official one. Then there are Bomberman and Megaman 1 copies. We had to endure so much but we learned a lot in the process.

3. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Ooh, I don't think I was clear...I haven't lost my progress. :) Over 100 levels complete with 3 stars in each.

4. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    The dude on the icon looks like Eli. :D

5. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Glad to hear there is a fix on the way. The little I did play was great! Lol, it took me a few to get used to being the "bad guy", but yea, really cool game for sure.

6. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Ah. But I am still on it as other people are reporting it. It seems like if you play the game and at any point during the next level minimized the app it really isnt saving the game or that corrupted the save file. When you decide to exit the app no save was made or save file was corrupted. If you do exit the map then exit the app the save persists though. So I am already very close to making a fix and I will upload it today. I will then ask Apple to expedite the approval of the update as it is just a technical update

7. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    So if you don't quite out of the game in the middle of a level you should be fine? Am I reading that correctly?

8. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Nice, are there any videos online of the interview? I love to hear you talking about the game. That is if it's in English, which judging by the TVs in the back ground it is, but I don't know where you are.

9. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    The first time you play when you beat the levels you can exit and go back to the map to see your progress. You can then exit the app and see if it saves. I also tried exiting the game anytime by double tapping home key and swiping the game to close it. When i get back it the save is loaded. But if you minimize it during any level then double tap the home key and exit the game that is when the trouble began. My hunch is the deactivation call (which pauses the game) could be triggering an error or corruption somewhere.

10. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Video will be uploaded soon but it will be in Filipino. I could probably put in english subtitles and upload it on private link on youtube

11. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    That would be really cool, but I'd hate to have you spending valuable time adding subtitles for my benefit. If you decide to do it though I will definitely watch it.

12. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    It should be failry easy with Youtube's annotation feature and as english is our second language. Also my friends developers are also interested and the player in the facebook's page wishes to see it.

For the save fix, damn I was so stupid. I commented out (disabled) the one line of code to save the game every beaten level. Now it actually waits for some achievement or level select to call the save function. Im uploading version 1.0.2 hopefully it will be live soon before the weekend.

13. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Oh you're Filipino? My wife too, where from?

14. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    #34 keybol, Feb 3, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
    I am based in Pampanga. Please say kumusta to your wife from me. :)

About the save bug it appears I am calling the save before the score updates and any unlocking of the next level is called. I am really pinpointing the cause here now because I was overthinking before. Save wasnt getting wiped out because of iOS software, update or any cause. Game simply isnt saving the stats or saving the wrong stats. Not sure why it worked on Steam version.

15. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Submitted the fix to Apple and I made an expedite request. Hopefully it will be live in 24 hours and your game should update automatically
    Thank you for your feedbacks!
    [​IMG]

16. albert345

albert345 New Member

Aug 11, 2015
    The game is awesome but your data doesn't save

17. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Yes we have updated the build and requested from Apple for expedite release.
    A quick fix for the current version is to exit any level you wish to stop and go to the map before closing the game.
    Please stay tuned.

18. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    yeah. I will integrate Game Center on the next update build (1.0.3). You can unlock the other awards for now, you just need to visit the awards room to unlock them in Game Center once implemented.

19. bryanaustin112008

bryanaustin112008 New Member

Jan 6, 2014
    iTunes sign in

Why is it that when I try to first open the game, a 'Sign in to iTunes store' message pops up and I enter my information, the app closes? If I hit 'cancel', it closes just the same. Is there something that I'm doing wrong? Anyone else having this problem? I can't even get in to play the game. This is Iphone 6S plus on 9.0.2

20. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Not here. Are you signed into iTunes on your device?