Kids vs Goblins by Crescent Moon -> Free!

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by sladeums, Oct 1, 2012.

1. sladeums

sladeums Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Omaha, NE

Kids vs Goblins

Kids vs Goblins for iPhone 4S, iPad 2 & iPad3! Does not run on other devices.

Reviews:

AppAdvice …
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details

Reviews:

AppAdvice - 9/10
    AppScore - 10/10

Kids vs Goblins is a game about three children that are stranded on a magical island with their baby brother after a wild storm. During the night, their brother is kidnapped by two wicked Goblins. The children are woken by his cries and make ready to battle for their baby brother! The goblins work for the mighty Goblin King, who they must find and defeat. Fortunately they have some help in the form of magical powers they gain from a mysterious source. With their combined powers, courage and your help they will triumph! Or will they?

Kids vs Goblins is an action adventure game with RPG elements. You control the three heroes simultaneously, by dragging lines from them to their destination, or by double tapping to move them as a group. Before each mission, you assign the spells you want to use. With the magical stones you will gather you can unlock powerful and unique spells such as ‘Fire Hammer Flurry’, ‘Chain Lightning’ and ‘Dinner Table’. Each situation asks for a different approach, so try out different strategies and don’t forget to heal your heroes when they take damage!

Kids vs Goblins has a low learning curve that is suitable for all kinds of players, but also offers strategic depth in the selection of spells for each mission. The 6 different surroundings take the player across snowy mountain peaks and through dark, damp caves to the Castle of Doom at the climax of this epic tale. With over 60 unique spells and more than 30 challenging missions Kids vs Goblins offers hours of unique gameplay, and many more for those players who want to find the most powerful spell combinations in the game. Besides the story you can play levels in endless mode, where you have to fight off a never-ending horde of enemies, and roulette mode, where the games decides which spells to use. Get ready to be mesmerized and excited by the magical world of Kids vs Goblins.

* 3 playable heroes
    * 6 different environments to discover
    * Over 60 unlockable spells; explore their combinations and synergies
    * Over 30 challenging missions
    * Original soundtrack with different themes for every level
    * Compelling story
    * Step-by-step in game tutorial
    * Highly replayable

Follow us on twitter twitter.com/cm_games for more info and updates on Kids vs Goblins and other upcoming games!
    Check out the trailer of Kids vs Goblins on our website at www.stolencouchgames.com.
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Strategy
    Release:Mar 08, 2012
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (3)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Kids vs Goblins by Crescent Moon -> Free!

Kids vs Goblins

Reviews:

AppAdvice …
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details

Reviews:

AppAdvice - 9/10
    AppScore - 10/10

Kids vs Goblins is a game about three children that are stranded on a magical island with their baby brother after a wild storm. During the night, their brother is kidnapped by two wicked Goblins. The children are woken by his cries and make ready to battle for their baby brother! The goblins work for the mighty Goblin King, who they must find and defeat. Fortunately they have some help in the form of magical powers they gain from a mysterious source. With their combined powers, courage and your help they will triumph! Or will they?

Kids vs Goblins is an action adventure game with RPG elements. You control the three heroes simultaneously, by dragging lines from them to their destination, or by double tapping to move them as a group. Before each mission, you assign the spells you want to use. With the magical stones you will gather you can unlock powerful and unique spells such as ‘Fire Hammer Flurry’, ‘Chain Lightning’ and ‘Dinner Table’. Each situation asks for a different approach, so try out different strategies and don’t forget to heal your heroes when they take damage!

Kids vs Goblins has a low learning curve that is suitable for all kinds of players, but also offers strategic depth in the selection of spells for each mission. The 6 different surroundings take the player across snowy mountain peaks and through dark, damp caves to the Castle of Doom at the climax of this epic tale. With over 60 unique spells and more than 30 challenging missions Kids vs Goblins offers hours of unique gameplay, and many more for those players who want to find the most powerful spell combinations in the game. Besides the story you can play levels in endless mode, where you have to fight off a never-ending horde of enemies, and roulette mode, where the games decides which spells to use. Get ready to be mesmerized and excited by the magical world of Kids vs Goblins.

* 3 playable heroes
    * 6 different environments to discover
    * Over 60 unlockable spells; explore their combinations and synergies
    * Over 30 challenging missions
    * Original soundtrack with different themes for every level
    * Compelling story
    * Step-by-step in game tutorial
    * Highly replayable

Follow us on twitter twitter.com/cm_games for more info and updates on Kids vs Goblins and other upcoming games!
    Check out the trailer of Kids vs Goblins on our website at www.stolencouchgames.com.
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Strategy
    Release:Mar 08, 2012
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (3)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

(Somewhat) major games rarely go free this early in the day. Perhaps we'll see that rare event, the "freebie Monday".

3. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Yeah, saw this too. And had hoped that maybe they updated it to support other devices. Unforunately, it hasn't been.

Definately would have liked to give it a try.

4. Cirnol

Cirnol Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    So no ipod 4 support?

5. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Nope, iPhone 4s or iPad 2 and up only. This is one of the few CM games I don't have. Will have to check it out.

6. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Yep, kind of sad. The graphics look nice but certainly don't look mindblowing enough that some older devices couldn't run it.

7. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    I'm still grabbing this all the same, for future enjoyment. :)

It is strange that they haven't reworked this to play nicely on fourth gen devices though, yes.

8. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Is there some trick to picking up stones from the ground?

9. Wow, no iphone 4, guess my phone is extinct now!

10. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    2 gens old now man. Time to upgrade :p

11. Yeah, my iphone 4 actually went extinct 6 months ago when I bought my new ipad. Never play games on it anymore, but next time my upgrade comes up I will get an iphone 5. Can't believe games are starting to list iphone 4 as not being compatible with games though, I thought it was pretty close in specs to a 4s, but I guess not.

Wow, 2 threads almost at the same time for this game. You guys are good about watching your trackers! I think this one won by 2 minutes, but you guys should be stock brokers and make some real money!

12. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    #12 violentv, Oct 1, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
    eh.. got it quite a while ago. The graphics and art direction is really...meh. The really bad textures got me to stop playing it 20 min into the game. There are totally no attempts to direct the user's attention/view away from the bad textures with good level designs, placement of objects etc.

13. Yeah, cool game, the graphics look very nice on my new ipad. Kind of a real time rpg moving the characters with swipes. Definitely worth a download.