Universal Kid Tripp - (by Michael Burns)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 31, 2013.

1. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Don't bother, Pix. The longer you spend on TouchArcade, the more you'll realize Andy just doesn't let up until he's first on every leaderboard in the existence of iOS gaming. :p

2. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    You don't scare me. ;)

Attached Files:

3. Andy C83

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    #103 Andy C83, Aug 3, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
    Haha, I may have earned a bit of a rep among the TA regs for being quite competitive but more often than not I'll only put the effort in to get really good if I feel that the game deserves it. Actually, that's wrong. I have countless games that "deserve" to be played but don't. I guess some games just hit you where you live; Kid Tripp has certainly done that for me.

4. taskerMX

taskerMX Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2013
    Congratulations! Kid Tripp got 4 Stars from TA front page review!

Btw, some more levels will hit on future updates?. If don't please tell me, we will see a sequel for Kid Tripp?

5. pixelpowa

pixelpowa Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2013
    Indie Game Dev
    U.S.
    Just wanted to pop in real quick and let you all know that I've finished implementing widescreen support. Tomorrow I'll add fullscreen support on iPad. After that I just have a couple more features to add, so it's looking like the update should be ready to go next week.

@Andy_C83 That's awesome man. You're definitely the KT player to beat right now. MAD skills!

@taskerMX Thanks! You can definitely expect to see more KT in the future. At the very least I'll make a sequel, but I haven't decided on new content for this game yet.

6. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    46 deaths. Now to go for the no continues!

Couple of minor feature suggestions based on experience so far:
    A restart button in Levels mode, for those gold medal/speed runs.
    A Skip Credits option on later runthroughs.
    A leaderboard that everyone who plays the game can compete on, even if they've not completed it (e.g. Total number of deaths, most coins held).

7. TigerPrezX

TigerPrezX Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Just finished my first run-through with ~300 deaths, over 100 of which were on the last level. Visibility in a sea of 20 shades of orange and red is a nasty issue. Fun little romp, but not as satisfying as a full platformer. Still, nice for people who think speedrunning Mikey Shorts is too easy.

I mean, I play super crazy SMW rom hacks for fun, and going through collecting all the coins here is right up there with some of the worst Kaizos. Some of the jump timings are just brutal.

8. Andy C83

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Made it to 4-1 with 0 deaths and then it all went kerplooey. :D

9. pixelpowa

Feb 23, 2013
    Indie Game Dev
    U.S.
    Skip credits is definitely coming, and I'll add the restart button to my todo list. (though I always thought it was easier to just commit suicide and respawn, haha)

I like the idea of a "most coins held" leaderboard. Will look into adding that too.

@Andy Haha dang, I've not been able to go that long without dying. I beat a prerelease build with only 4 lives, but I think I died once or twice in the first two worlds.

10. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I'm comin' for you, Andy.

The funny thing is, on my best runs I've managed to make it through Worlds 1, 2 and 4 mostly unscathed...but World 3 (MINUS 3-5!!!) drives me nuts! >_>

11. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Anyone else noticed that if you fo to the app page for this in the TA app, it still links to the upcoming thread rather than this one? Not sure if that's also why it's not making it onto the popular new releases list?

Also: my best with no deaths so far is 3-1 but I'm coming for you, Andy!

12. Ciechan

Ciechan Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2010
    Poland
    This game is great! Fantastic work Mike, really nice gameplay! Do not hestiate guys, get this game.

13. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Crap, I believe the same problem happened with Hero of Many and I still don't recall ever seeing it on the TA app's Hot New Games. :/

14. Bloko

Bloko Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Agreed.
    Not only it looks great and plays great, but all the enemies and platforms have been carefully put in the exact right spots they needed to be. The level design here is completely wonderful.

Suggestions:
    - Boss battles (like running bosses that go dropping obstacles or something)
    - Secret areas (if you happen to go down here, you find this awesome easter egg)

15. pixelpowa

Feb 23, 2013
    Indie Game Dev
    U.S.
    Ah I bet that's it. If someone could fix it that would be fantastic.

Thanks Ciechan! :D

16. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    It happens quite a bit actually.

17. Andy C83

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    *GULP* :eek:

18. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    :) ...that said, I may not be coming particularly quickly!

19. pixelpowa

Feb 23, 2013
    Indie Game Dev
    U.S.
    Widescreen and fullscreen support is finished. Still have a few things to add, but the update's coming soon. :)

Attached Files:

20. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    GREAT!!

Can't wait!