Universal Kickerinho World (by Tabasco Interactive)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Orbital Knight

Orbital Knight Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2014
    Making games;-)
    Poland
    Chat is coming with first content update (cant say exact date now, but we're trying hard to make it asap) :)
    There will be also player stats and some other improvements to the league mode.

As for stalls - it's a matter of perfectly timing the hold (like with bounces - wait till the very last moment) and release (wait till the meter disappears).
    It's a bit more tricky - but the reward is higher. A perfect stall fills almost entire frenzy bar.

2. heartydragon

heartydragon Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2016
    It would be nice to see the other teams individual scorers as well

3. Orbital Knight

Mar 3, 2014
    Making games;-)
    Poland
    That's a good idea.

BTW - version 1.0.4 went live yesterday. It's just more stability fixes, as we were still recording a relatively high number of crashes - and it's a no 1 priority to fix that.

4. heartydragon

Apr 30, 2016
    My wife came up with a great idea for a future game mode. A partner kick. Local wifi or Bluetooth or online. Example Two characters on screen together(prob in landscape mode) kicking it back and forth to one another. A friendly little competition or co-op mode. After all this volleying is always more fun in real life with a partner to kick to.

5. heartydragon

Apr 30, 2016
    Would be nice to see team stats. Win loss record.

6. Orbital Knight

Mar 3, 2014
    Making games;-)
    Poland
    We had this idea to do an async competitive mode. Where you can compete against other people's scores and while you do, you see them doing their tricks.

After you finish your run - other people can compete against that. This could be used to do a leaderboard or league for individuals.

That's a bit similar, isn't it?
    It's a bit easier to do with async mode than sync (i.e. two people are playing at the exact same time).

We didn't decide yet if we'll be doing it, would be cool to hear feedback. Might make the decision easier :)

Stats for users and teams are on the way. It'll be bundled together with that chat update.

7. heartydragon

Apr 30, 2016
    I understand what your saying. But. I'm saying me and wife playing one on one real time. Both characters present on our screens I kick it to her she to me first one to miss their tricks loses the round. Maybe even be able to keep the ball and show off and get some points and be able to decide when you want to pass it. Landscape mode. That would be a bad ass thing. I mean after all this game is meant to play with someone. Kick it to you and kick it to me. Could be a cool doubles online mode similar to the one you have now

8. heartydragon

Apr 30, 2016
    Pretty cool. The game must have glitched and put me in landscape mode. Where I'm able to play until I closed the app. Couldn't switch back to portrait. But kinda liked landscape, even though my guy was smaller. Maybe you could include a landscape mode option. Guy a little bigger though. Landscape feels more comfy to hold

9. Orbital Knight

Mar 3, 2014
    Making games;-)
    Poland
    Landscape you say? :)
    We're not a big fan of that mode, though the game cannot be played with one hand anyway, so why not.

The only problem is the scene geometry. It's built with portrait in mind. If it looks good (I mean - no holes or missing stuff) then it's an easy feature to add.

We'll check it out.

10. heartydragon

Apr 30, 2016
    Uuuugggggghhhhhh. Game is so glitchy. I swear when you use soccer ball power ups you miss tricks that I know I didn't miss. Balls stalling in weird places. Getting hits on the ball and your leg doesn't even move. Buying a power up only to find you got a power up instead that you didn't buy. Losing patience

11. heartydragon

Apr 30, 2016
    Also I can't transfer anything because on both my devices the sync tab in options is greyed out

12. Orbital Knight

Mar 3, 2014
    Making games;-)
    Poland
    #72 Orbital Knight, Jul 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
    Yeah, there's been a bug introduced into the shop power up when we added the x3 and x10 buttons (you should be safe to use the x1).
    We've got that fixed already and should be submitted tomorrow.

As for the syncing - is it grayed out on both devices?

I admit, the animations are super hard to get right on this game. It has over 200 animation clips (AAA titles use just several), there's only one person handling it, where AAA projects have big teams handling just animation.

We're constantly submitting patches as we get feedback from people (there's been like 5 already). Also we're hiring new people, so we'll be able to fix those even faster in the future (the game proved to be a big succes and we'll be able to double up on our team size, yay :))
    It's not that bad since you're still playing it, right? :)

13. enrike1221

enrike1221 Member

Jul 6, 2016
    Hi! I want to know if there will be an update soon

I currently play quite the league mode and see that lacks development. It would be nice list of top clubs out longer, chat for components of the clan or to find the club you want. Something that improves the league mode and not remain as rudimentary as this. Thank you very much! I am currently the # 1 iOS and I love the game#

14. Orbital Knight

Mar 3, 2014
    Making games;-)
    Poland
    Yes! That's what we feel too. Next content update (which have 1.1.0 number) will add:
    - team chat
    - ability to see who is the leader of the team
    - ability be able to see your teammates' stats (points scored, last login date, etc)

Those are safe bets for 1.1 version.

On the roadmap, but not sure if it'll make it for 1.1
    - making the team rank more meaningful. Make it give some bonuses - like bonus points, bonus exp, etc.
    - give the option to promote teammates to the role of team manager (can kick other players, but not the leader)
    - ability to search and invite other players to the team

Any other ideas? Feedback is very welcome! :)

15. enrike1221

enrike1221 Member

Jul 6, 2016
    Yees! Thats very cool! I have a lot of ideas.

It would be nice to play league so also give you experience, because at the end the challenges are monotone and not worth as each new trick to learn hard to master and becomes more difficult to touch in league mode. Also for example going from level desbloques a trick. Another idea would be that every couple of weeks reward the leaders of the 10 teams with the highest rank, and they reward players of your team constantly got better punctuation. Winning many awards would suppose to buy a custom shirt (for example) to encourage the players. Also put some other mode of league play than to see who makes more touches for 24 hours, because you reward the time you spend playing and not skill. These are some of the ideas. I love to help and Thank you for answering!

16. Orbital Knight

Mar 3, 2014
    Making games;-)
    Poland
    As for events every few weeks, that's something we're also thinking off. Giving custom rewards (which can't be obtained otherwise) is also good idea. Probably not for 1.1, but might be good for 1.2.

We're also thinking of revamping challenges to make them less tedious. I'll give you more details on that soon.

In the mean time I'd like to ask you what kind of teammates' stats you'd like to see?
    We're planning on adding those:
    - points scored for current match
    - total points scored for the team
    - highscore
    - level
    - time since last login
    - rank (leader / regular )

Any other stats you'd like to see?

17. enrike1221

enrike1221 Member

Jul 6, 2016
    I think with all those stats would be very good, perhaps the number of goals in the previous match, that country is, the average accuracy of the hits ... I think that's a bit as secondary. Desdd my point d evista most important to decide whether a jugadar should be in your team as you said would be the maximum punctuation, level and the last connection. I would like the league so were a little more serious, not how to say, that this people involved and engaged. With all that you have in mind might get it. Especially to see the whole classification of clubs to have rivalry.

18. enrike1221

enrike1221 Member

Jul 6, 2016
    I had an idea about the league mode, to see what you think. To win a game you must get three estellas or points. The first point I would win the team with the most goals achieved in total, the second point the team with the player who most punctuation achieved in a game, and the third point tiebreaker could be for the team that more players have participated or most punctuation of second place in the team. It's an idea that if you develop more might be. That is all.:)

19. heartydragon

Apr 30, 2016
    18 people on my team. Only me playing. 3 rd team like that. Is anyone playing?

20. heartydragon

Apr 30, 2016
    So the other team didn't play at all. I assume that's why I didn't get any gems when tourney was over