iPad Kibosh for the iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by roocell, May 26, 2009.

1. roocell

roocell Member

Mar 31, 2009
    #1 roocell, May 26, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2009
  2. Liljeberg

Liljeberg Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2008
    Graphic Designer / IT Support
    Sweden
    I bought it earlier today but have only had one for one play. The controls are OK. My main complaint is that when you drag a new piece out on the board to rotate and position it, it can be very difficult to see where it is. It is placed "on the same height" (z-index) as all the other pieces. You need to randomly rotate it to see where it landed.

I'm missing a score board too. When the game is finished you are returned to the main screen with no further comment about the score. A bit annoying since I wanted to record it.

Otherwise it's an ok game for the price. Nice graphics, you can double tap to zoom, pieces are disabled if there is no space for them and there are a few new rules if I understand it which will give you a couple extra points when blocking etc.

3. thumbgenius

thumbgenius New Member

May 28, 2009
    Hi Liljeberg,
    Thank you for purchasing the app.
    We appreciate the feedback and will address this issue on the next release.

We're currently working on multiplayer but will probably up the price of the app - so get it while it's cheap!

Any other feedback is welcome.
    cheers.
    http://www.thumbgenius.com

4. Liljeberg

Nov 7, 2008
    Sweden
    Nice to see you here!

I have played a few more games. I'm still annoyed with the difficulty to see the "unplaced" piece clearly so I'm glad you are looking into it. A highlightning of some kind is needed.

I wouldn't mind a bit bigger buttons in the menus either. There's plenty of screen left. :)

5. GatorDeb

GatorDeb Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    I can't get used to playing two colors. Could you implement 4-players/one color each? Thanks! :)

6. thumbgenius

thumbgenius New Member

May 28, 2009
    Hi All,
    Our Kibosh free Lite version has just been approved by the AppStore.
    You can only play vs the computer and on the Easy setting, so it will give you a feel for the controls.

enjoy!
    www.thumbgenius.com

7. GatorDeb

GatorDeb Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    Can you make 3 PC vs. 1 human please? :)

8. Liljeberg

Nov 7, 2008
    Sweden
    #8 Liljeberg, May 30, 2009
    Last edited: May 30, 2009
    Yes, that would be fun!

And if the computer players could be of different strengths it might be even better.

9. Tried the lite version and very impressed with the controls. I don't like Blokus all that much but it's good for what it is and Kibosh is a great implementation of it. Well done! Many of my boardgaming buddies love Blokus so I know I'm probably in the minority.

10. Liljeberg

Nov 7, 2008
    Sweden
    Kibosh 2.0 is out! It now features online games and scoreboard. I haven't had time to try it out yet. Too bad multiple AI vs 1 human wasn't implemented though.