Khalid Shaikh, the App Spammer, is back!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by LordGek, Jun 10, 2009.

1. dmbfan1192

dmbfan1192 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2009
  2. HJJ

HJJ Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Haha, he uses so much copyrighted IP it's ridiculous. Why is the icon for "iDarkTennis" a picture of what looks like an animated Dora the Explorer Beanie Baby??? Not only is he ripping off Dora the Explorer, but he's also ripping off TY's trademarked logo. Also, is he somehow implying that Dora represents the "Dark" part of "iDarkTennis"? Yikes.

It's really sad that a great game like Edge gets taken off the store for some bullshit frivolous trademark dispute, but yet, Khalid Shaikh is allowed to produce such utter garbage while using copyrighted and trademarked images, ideas and likenesses. Tris might have resembled Tetris a little too closely, but at least it was a good game that consumers were pleased with in the end. I really hate this guy as a "businessperson" (can't comment on him personally). He is a predator. He may as well just write an app called "A Somali Prince needs your help!"

Apple needs to sort out their priorities. They need to stop worrying about the Edges and Eucalyptuses, and start looking at these f-ing spammers and con artists that are taking advantage of their platform and turning their business into a sea of virtual malware.

3. Mattman

Mattman Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Agreed-they need to prioritize and de clog the app store.

4. You know, a concerted effort on the part of tA'ers to bring the various IP owners' attention to his apps ought to bring an avalanche of C&D orders flooding his mailbox.

Just sayin'...

5. AttackOfThePwned

AttackOfThePwned Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Photographer
    San Francisco, CA
    Actually thats just the ones that decided to leave a review, more might have downloaded the "game."

100% agree!! Is this also the idiot that has been posting all those celebrity "HOT IMAGES" apps at a ridiculous $4.99 price point? How the hell do those get by apple? Don't they ask for official documentation that he has copyrights to those images?

6. TheOZ

TheOZ Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Basically what I said a minte ago, and I agree. When I find the time Im going to send some emails and see what I can do.

7. Stykman

Stykman Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    i think we should send a boat load of complaint emails
    requesting that his apps be checked for copyright infringement
    or to put a limit on him

8. gekkota

gekkota Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    But where do we send them?
    I am all for sending emails asking Apple to investigate the copyright infringement, but I don't know where to send the email!
    That's my problem. :mad:

9. SmallSoldiers81

SmallSoldiers81 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    oHiO
    i think hes a genius. a dickhead. but a smart one. he has copied the mozzila mail icon, used the green day album cover, used zelda on an icon, might be a little gay what with the sexiest men apps, used a warcraft troll or whatever on an icon, used the xbox controller, and for gods sake! he has a tupac shakur updates app? unless we find out who killed him :eek: that app is a joke like all the others.

edit: OHHH!!! it just got personal!!! he made a cincinnati bengals app!

10. Stykman

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    and some of the ladies on his sexiest ladies apps are not hot at all

if he makes a yankees app i will personallly kill him

11. SmallSoldiers81

Jan 1, 2009
    oHiO
    ill help. hes ruined all things sacred to me.

f-Ronald-McDonald-Shot-3296.jpg

hes ronald mcdonald

12. AttackOfThePwned

May 28, 2009
    Photographer
    San Francisco, CA
    #32 AttackOfThePwned, Jun 11, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
    Here is a blurb from a poster on MacApper:

"As someone who makes a living from intellectual property, I am in no way diminishing the importance of copyright, nor am I condoning the plagiarism that developers are committing. But the onus is not on Apple to “police” copyright issues. You’re perhaps confusing copyright with Apple’s own approval process for apps, based upon its own app criteria. But Apple is under no obligation to check every app for possible copyright violations. Think about what you’re suggesting: How could Apple possibly police every single, submitted app for all art work, icons, and UI elements, sounds, game content, methods of computing, and so forth? Impossible.

That’s between the developers and the owners of copyrighted material. Developers who copy without permission should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Apple’s only responsibility is to remove such apps, once formal complaints have been issued."

The thing is Apple takes 30% of the sale so Apple is making money off the copyrighted material too.

13. Stykman

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States

this would mean that apple is copyrighting to and can be prosecuted to the fullest extent

14. SmallSoldiers81

Jan 1, 2009
    oHiO
    i love the apple products but id also love to see them get
    KidMissesPoolAnim-3-NEW.jpg

15. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    The whole iDracula thing should set everyone against this guy. The guy isn't just some silly knock off artist who doesn't know any better and is doing something that can be seen as "innocent" in regards to intent (as some regions of the world have looser ideas of copyright protection). No. This guy is knowingly and willingly trying to tie in his crap with legit crap and therefore get "impulse" buys. He isn't just trying to "get" attention. He's trying to dupe unwitting consumers.

Scam artist, but a smart one.

16. AttackOfThePwned

May 28, 2009
    Photographer
    San Francisco, CA
    #36 AttackOfThePwned, Jun 11, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
    Apples terms section 9E

e. The Service may offer interactive features that allow you to, among other things, submit or post information, materials or links to third party content on areas of the Service accessible and viewable by other users of the Service and the public. You represent and agree that any use by you of such features, including any information, materials or links submitted or posted by you, shall be your sole responsibility, shall not infringe or violate the rights of any other party or violate any laws, contribute to or encourage infringing or otherwise unlawful conduct, or otherwise be obscene, objectionable or in poor taste, and that you have obtained all necessary rights, licenses or clearances. You further agree to provide accurate and complete information in connection with your submission or posting of any information or materials on the Service. Moreover, you hereby grant Apple a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to use such materials as part of the Service, and in relation to Products, without any compensation or obligation to you.

Apple reserves the right not to post or publish any materials, and to delete, remove or edit any material, at any time in its sole discretion without notice or liability.

Apple has the right, but not the obligation, to monitor any information and materials submitted or posted by you or otherwise available on the Service, to investigate any reported or apparent violation of this Agreement, and to take any action that Apple in its sole discretion deems appropriate, including, without limitation, under Section 23 below or under our Copyright Policy (http://www.apple.com/legal/trademark/claimsofcopyright.html).

EDIT:

Here is the email to contact: [email protected]

17. SmallSoldiers81

Jan 1, 2009
    oHiO
    is there anything we can do? or is it all up to apple?

18. indyraider4

indyraider4 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
  19. AttackOfThePwned

May 28, 2009
    Photographer
    San Francisco, CA
    What he is doing is wrong though. Take a look at this. He is trying to trick people into purchasing these things using material that he does not own. All of the apps that I have seen from him are priced at $4.99...

iDoom
    http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=317726043&mt=8

20. CDubby94

CDubby94 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    Anybody stupid enough to buy his iDracula instead of Moregames' iDracula deserves what they got. Sure his apps are absolute crap, but he wouldn't still be making apps if people didn't buy them. Maybe if people took the time to research a game for .2 seconds before they buy it, they wouldn't feel ripped off by buying those apps.

You can't stop him by crying "no fair", because he didn't force you to buy the app, that's your fault. Copyright infringement however... Anybody who is trying to sell copyrighted material should have their stuff stripped from the store and Apple should definitely care. That's BS if Apple says "we can't police this", they approve every app before it's available to the public, including the ones that contain copyrighted material. Since Apple is making money off the copyright infringements through their 30% piece of the pie, they should he sued and hopefully that will force them to reform their dysfunctional approval process.