Khalid Shaikh removed from appstore?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Freegoo, Jul 27, 2009.

1. CaseyLay

CaseyLay Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    I think he's assuming the duty of Captain Obvious.

2. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I'm kinda curious as to why he's using text-speak.

3. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    Noo! Oh, I though it was DS Effects, my favourite developer. Anyway, if you search Khalid Shaikh on Wikipedia, this shows up. I wonder why they don't mention his App Store crimes.

4. Fazzy

Fazzy Well-Known Member

NOOOOO KHALID IS GONE! Just thought I'd post my feelings. I worshipped the man.

5. Sorry for being clueless but what exactly did he do wrong. I mean I remember seeing some apps by him but what was the problem with them?

I am not defending him I truly don't know the whole story. :)

6. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    In a nutshell, he made sucky apps that violated tons of copyright laws.

7. The_Running_Man

The_Running_Man Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    This is the best news I have heard all month

8. I checked out the AppStore and I noticed all the apps, I can't see the descriptions, but I can see what he was trying to do. I wonder if he made a ton of money. I know he was trying to solicit more funds from investors.

9. PacSun4dc

PacSun4dc Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2009
    Atlanta,GA
    trust me he made alot of money ripping people off
    Doom sounds for $5 and have like 6 or 9 sounds

10. CaseyLay

CaseyLay Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    Well, most likely, he's on his iPhone, i Pod Touch or some similar device.

11. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington

For people stating the obvious, yeah kind of. :p

12. Feltzem

Feltzem Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    What's scary is that the App Store lost about 1000 apps, just cause he's gone! One person can influence the number of apps in the store by that much. I think last time I checked App Shopper the number of apps was almost 63,000 and now it's 62,200. But anyway, thank god he's gone, he made useless apps at stupid prices and probably violated dozens of copyright laws. I hope this is permanent.

13. Kyle Poole

Kyle Poole Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    I heard a rumor that somebody bought his company, and the apps will be re-released under a different name. After all, the suckers that bought any apps by "Khalid Shaikh" are too smart to fall for that again. But hey, what's this? Doom sounds for only $4.99 by "Shalid Khaikh"? Cool let's buy it!! ;)

Actually he has a good business model, only he should put a little more effort into the content. I mean, why only 5 celebrity pictures per app? Isn't it almost as easy to put in 50? Maybe people wouldn't complain then...

14. stanny

stanny Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2009
    Hrm, the question remains. Did he get removed, or did he sell all his apps and company?

15. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    who knows, the guys almost legendary now, he probably stole more money than D.B.Cooper. I wouldn't be surprised to see this guy on 60 minutes someday.

16. Ooo...shiny

Ooo...shiny Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Chemist
    Bay Area
    You might want to check again

He is still in the app store.

I agree that his apps all look like they took 10 minutes to code and that they are overpriced for what they are, but all you have to do is to not buy them.

17. I wonder if McApps is worried after what seems to be the removal of a whole entire business model. Their apps are 25% of what Khalid used to charge and I think they are staying away from copyrighted material.

18. stanny

stanny Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2009
    Besides copyright material, have apps been removed for misleading descriptions before?

19. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Now that his apps are gone it's PARTYTIME!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

20. Xandan

Xandan Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2009
    1,260 apps at £2.99 wtf =|, theres always 1 person who has to ruin jokes by pointing out the obvious -.-