iPad Kex

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by DHrox, Mar 2, 2009.

1. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    #1 DHrox, Mar 2, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
  2. dcescott

dcescott Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2008
    That looks really neat. the CPU part of the game....

3. wiesse

wiesse Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
  4. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    Idk, the video doesn't look too bad, and it's an interesting concept.

5. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    Ooo this does look interesting... kinda comic book graphics maybe?

Ok well maybe not after watching the video.. hmm i'll lurk on this one

6. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    Cel-shading to be precise. It's only .99. I don't want to load my iPotch with crap though.

7. korymatthew

korymatthew Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Bought...decent/intriguing graphics. SHIT gameplay. deleted in 3 minutes.

8. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks for TOFFT'ing. So you may not have enjoyed it, but wasn't it worth buying it to save the trouble for others? You're a hero. Enjoy it while it lasts.

9. Scoobaru

Scoobaru Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Kex developer here

Hello, I am the creator of Kex. korymatthew, I am sorry that Kex was a bad experience for you. But I do appreciate your comments :) Good or bad, I welcome all feedback. Maybe you can provide a bit more specific information of what turned you off, perhaps through PM or to this thread.

Kex was recently reviewed on iphoneappreviews.net where the reception was notably better. The author mentioned some issues he had with the controls. When I designed Kex, my emphasis was on a intuitive interface making use of swipe gestures to "toss" Kex left and right, or up to avoid missiles. However, the author pointed out some mechanics with the control scheme that can and will see some improvements. The reviewer also filled in the missing backstory for the character in a comically superb fashion :)

I wouldn't want Kex to be so quickly dismissed, so I'm providing a number of promo codes so that people can give the game another chance. I would appreciate any (good or bad) feedback, but you are certainly not obligated to do so. But I ask that you use the code only if you intend to give Kex a shot.

Thank you,

F47FRRTFWJK9
    AWJL94AHJY36
    39AK3XPRMPFE
    N3YXH9HKP4AM
    M67YH7EL6PAN
    9F6YJYT9YEX7
    PW9TAREJXRHX
    6J7WRPA4WK9E
    TE4R3PY9TW97
    4794LNJW6JM6

10. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    TE4R3PY9TW97 taken. I'll try it out regardless of the bad reviews.

11. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    Welcome to TA Scoobaru!

12. Scoobaru

Scoobaru Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Thanks for the welcome DHrox, hello all.

Wow, this is a very fast moving forum. Hard to keep up.

I made reference to a review of Kex on iphoneappreviews previously, and thought I'd add a link to it for reference.
    http://www.iphoneappreviews.net/2009/03/02/kex/

13. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    This is actually a slower moving thread.

14. Eng

Eng Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Hey, welcome to the forums, bought the game when it first came out, love the graphics, decent gameplay, just not really one of those must haves, sadly i deleted it, but it lasted a fair while (which is good, some apps i delete immediately ;))

15. Zyphon

Zyphon Active Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Grabbed F47FRRTFWJK9, thanks! I'll give it a try and post my impressions tomorrow.

16. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    #16 Wegmans, Mar 3, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
    All codes taken!

If there are any lurkers out there who grabbed a promo code, now's the time to register with TA and post your reviews! Please join the community here and give back!

17. DarthPuma

DarthPuma Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    I grabbed 9F6YJYT9YEX7. I'll write up a quick review later after I spend some time with the game

18. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    #18 Coldar, Mar 3, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
    Grabbed 6J7WRPA4WK9E.

Revised this after a lengthy time playing.
    Please keep in mind I'am only a simple/humble but valued game player.

Good:
    The game got very busy after only a minutes or less of playing. Started to get combo's and more missiles started coming forth and control movements were satisfactory although could use a slight tweaking. I was beginning to like this game because it becomes challenging very quickly after realizing that missiles shot from below and then other different types/colors missiles too. Got to be fun dodging the missiles by zig zagging through them. The sound of the tower creaking makes me wonder if its turning while superhero is running too? But regardless, it fits within the game as well. Need to play some more to progress into the game to see what else transpires.

Not so Good:
    Didn't like the double tapping to fire and delayed my aiming/target somewhat. Difficult to see some missiles coming at me (superhero) when directly in front and I needed to swipe a couple times to jump. I seen the tower rising up but hadn't progressed at this point in the game play but sure other players will post comment on it. The missiles (as we've been calling them) by the way sound more like a cap/pop gun sound but not sure if more realistic or different sounding ones would be appropriate for this type of game setting.
    Not a bad game overall and I believe you did a good job with it.

19. I got AWJL94AHJY36. Looks interesting -- definitely worth a look, possibly a review as well. I'll wait 'til I play it before committing to it though. :)

20. Scoobaru

Scoobaru Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Eng: I'm very happy to hear that :) I've been a long time dabbler in game development, but Kex is the first game I've completed. To know that someone got some enjoyment from it puts a smile on my face.

Wegmans: Sent you a PM

Promo code takers: Don't feel obligated to post your opinions so fast. I would prefer that you experienced the game at your own pace instead. If and when you do leave feedback, I'll be happy to hear it.