iPad Kero Blaster (by Studio Pixel)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Nobunaga, May 11, 2014.

1. JackMule

JackMule Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2011
    #81 JackMule, May 15, 2014
    Last edited: May 15, 2014
    Thanks for the guide. Everything went smooth for me up until #9. I'm not following it. When I opened the zip (changed from ipa) a seperate folded with all the zips contents was create. I found the property list there, edited it, then saved it - but how am I supposed to overwrite the plist file in the ipa archive when it's archived? Thanks for the help.

2. BoneyCork

BoneyCork Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2011
    I assume when you double-click on the .zip file it just automatically extracts the whole thing? Try right-clicking - there should be a way to open the archive to explore it without actually extracting the whole thing. WinRAR and 7zip both have this option.

Another option - if I'm correct in thinking you've extracted everything, is just to zip all the folders and files back up again. Again, selecting everything then right-clicking should give you an option to "Add to archive..." or something similar.

That's just for Windows I'm not familiar with Mac, but I think it must be similar.

3. JackMule

Sep 26, 2011
    I found out that adding files to zip on a Mac is not supported out of the box. That's what was throwing me off. After looking online with no luck finding an application for this, I tried using a guide for adding files using Terminal but failed at that. The .zip gets modified, but the .plist doesn't get overwritten. I'm clueless as to why it's not working, aha. Thanks for your help though.

4. ali.ee

ali.ee New Member

Jan 1, 2013
    Easier method for jailbroken

Hello guys,

If you are jailbroken there is an easier method for installing this awesome game to a pre-7.1 firmware.

1- Put the ipa file that you bought from Itunes to any folder on your iDevice.
    2- Install "IPA Installer" from Cydia.(free)
    3- In "Settings" find the tickbox that says "Force Installation" and make sure it is checked.
    4- Find your ipa file & Install!
    5- Have fun!:D

5. duh_d_dum

duh_d_dum Active Member

Nov 3, 2012
    So is there a way to start again for a NG++? I missed some of the upgrades and now I'm just stuck sitting here at the Boss Rush mode.

6. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    I have an edited plist file (7.0) you can request one from me if you haz trouble with yours.

7. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013
    I tried walking backwards thru the level, hoping you'd be able to go back... No such luck!

8. doublezz

doublezz Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2009
    I guess the only option is to start a new save file.

9. JackMule

Sep 26, 2011
    Tried that. The app said it failed to install Kero Blaster. Maybe I have too early a version of iOS (6.1.)

10. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    Doesn't seem to be. I think they ought to implement some sort of stage select feature at the end in addition to the boss rush. I like that the game has a rigid structure when you go through it initially, but there are times when I'd just like to be able to pick up the game and play through one level by itself.

11. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    I'll wait for it to become universal (hopefully). I don't like playing games on my iPhone, my eyes tire quickly.

12. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I just beat this game and now I'm sad. I will do multiple play throughs because it's just so goddamn fun. It's lengthed pretty much like your typical NES game, couple hours maybe. It had been a while since I've been stuck on an iOS game so hard, and this one is definitely one of em.

13. retr0spective

retr0spective Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    Thank you. I was able to do all of this in iFile without having to get on the computer.

14. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    which version, the one for jailbroken devices or some official (hidden) one in the appstore?

15. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    If you find iFile in the appstore, please let me know!

16. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    i'm also waiting for a "hidden" official release, but nothing, at least for now!

17. #Bonk3rZ

#Bonk3rZ Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2014
    top of the world
    Bought the game, changed the plist file, and finally... nothing. I did everything right, ifunbox even says the minimumosversion is 7.0, but the installation fails. Unfortunately ifunbox can't say why. That IPA installer can do nothing either, neither with nor without changed plist file, with or without forced mode. The farest I came was trying itunes. The app will at least appear on my phone, but remains dark. When clicked, it says "installation", and then ... nothing happens.

This 7.1 BS is such f... sh...!!! I lost three hours of my life while trying to install an app that'd probably run on ios 4, just because ... WTF!?! That's the most stupid thing I came across in ios gaming for a while, if not forever. Thank you devs!

18. #Bonk3rZ

Mar 20, 2014
    top of the world
    #98 #Bonk3rZ, May 28, 2014
    Last edited: May 28, 2014
    Now, that's curious. I tried everything yesterday, without success. I experimented with several ways to edit the plist, all doublechecked. Same itunes account on PC and iphone. IAP Installer, ifunbox, itunes. Nothing. While thinking and researching I stumbled over something every now and then, e.g. in ifunbox, and, even though that shouldn't be necessary in my case, I finally installed ***sync this morning, just in case. It worked like a charm at the first try. Someone could have mention that. Guess you guys just had that installed before? Anyway, have a nice day. I've got to blast something ...

19. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    If you had to install ***sync to install the game... That basically means you didn't purchase your copy of KeroBlaster :O you fool!

20. #Bonk3rZ

Mar 20, 2014
    top of the world
    #100 #Bonk3rZ, May 28, 2014
    Last edited: May 28, 2014
    Yeah. That's why I tried itunes ...

You should read more thorough, and my previous post too. Until yesterday I didn't even know ***sync. It was just that ifunbox mentioned it, saying that this may help solving install problems. I buy all my apps, and a lot of them at that. And in this case I bought a five dollar app, even though I knew I don't have the required ios version, just because I wanted to play this game badly, and because this thread described a way to evade said problem.

The rest is history. Summarized I lost nearly one day while trying to install a game I had paid five dollars for. I actually had given up on this, but this morning I thought I will give it a last try. And after my little rant yesterday I came back today the very moment I finally made it to tell how I made it, in case there are others having the same trouble. I even wrote how curious that is and why I tried it in the first place. Misunderstandings impossible. Technically.

Entrance: Gov, who can't wait to point his finger at someone and make accusations for no reason. Aloud. Hello? Anybody home? You should really be careful with something like that. Seriously.