iPad KERN - Anyone tried this out yet?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by gd3, Feb 19, 2009.

1. gd3

gd3 Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    I'm thinking about some purchases this week (Light Riders, iDracula) and was wondering if anyone has tried out KERN yet?

I do graphic design for a living and this seems like a pretty neat concept for a game. I'm kind of hesitant to buy it even if it is $.99, I was wanting to get some more opinions. I know Touch Arcade gave it a pretty positive write-up as did 148Apps. The big thing is how many levels or words are there?

App Store Link

2. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member

Apr 19, 2008
    there aren't really levels. It just keeps sending you words and I can't tell how many words there are but I am getting repeats even only playing a short time. the words don't really matter so much as the letters themselves. I can't recall if it was necessarily the same letters you are "matching" for the same words. And your goal is to get a high score. It's just local high score.

Overall a fine $0.99 game based on a unique concept, but it's not necessarily worth a whole lot more than that at this stage. Simple mechanic. just competing against yourself.

arn

3. rjsim

rjsim Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2008
    I bought it tonight. Its a well-polished game that I can waste a few minutes here and there. Its not a game I'll spend 20 minutes at a time playing. I'm sure I'll get my 99ยข worth playing. I also bought there Eye vs. Eye game. I enjoy that one more.