Universal Kayos (by Jonathon Lanis)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 21, 2015.

1. jlanis86

jlanis86 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2009
    Kayos 2.0 Update

Hey everyone,

I'm excited to share with you some big news - Kayos is now a freemium game! The 2.0 update also brings a new game mode (Survival) and several bug fixes and gameplay tweaks. The game also looks a lot nicer with the addition of several new color schemes that change as you play. I really hope you guys enjoy this new update, and I'm looking forward to hearing your feedback!

Attached Files:

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im not sure when the invulnerability was extended after it was expended, but it feels smoother now, be able to get your bearing before you become vulnerable again.

I generally hate tilt, but this now has a permanent place on my device.

3. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    And just so everyone is aware if you purchased the game before the update the only difference you will see is the new survival mode. You won't see any freemium stuff whatsoever. So please don't worry. I just played for 15 minutes without any issues.

Jonathan I really really love the new survival mode.

I need to beg you please please please please can you add touch controls at some point ?

Billy

4. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Great update. No freemium issues. Hopefully this model will help with making money this game deserves. I am not much good, but i still love playing it. I generally dont like tilt, but this works great, even lying down in bed!

5. jlanis86

Oct 9, 2009
    Yes! I am still working on / testing out touch controls to make sure they are perfect. The standard two button scheme is not precise enough for this type of game, so I'm currently working on a scheme that allows for greater accuracy. Hope to have it available in the next update!

6. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    2743 in Classic Mode and 2363 in Survival Mode :)

When a tilt-based game gets me playing this much just for scores and no other incentives, I know it's tilt-done-well. That's coming from someone who hates tilt controls with a passion.

7. jlanis86

Oct 9, 2009
    #48 jlanis86, Nov 14, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
    Updated Trailer

Just created a new trailer to showcase some of the new features of the update! Here it is:

Thanks for the all of the comments guys, especially Exact-Psience :)

By the way, I have a $15 giveaway going on over here for those interested.

8. jlanis86

Oct 9, 2009
    Version 2.1 Released

The new update just went live today. New features include touch input (whoohoo!) along with new sensitivity settings for a much greater control over steering. I'm really excited to hear what you guys think about the new touch steering controls, as I know this has been a requested feature by several of you for some time now! :D

9. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Nice... cant wait to check out the touch controls. Im still about an hour til happy time... :)

10. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I just tried it. I like the touch controls. They work!

It's definitely better than the tilt! Hehe

Billy

11. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    The touch controls are really well implemented. It's basically an analog stick providing full control to the turning angles. It is potentially better than the tap-left-tap-right of Race the Sun or Pikpok's take on that.

That said, i enjoyed Kayos as the tilt game it is, and is my favorite tilt-based game now, considering i can count all tilt-based games i like with the fingers in one hand.

That said, i am liking the touch controls a lot, but i will be playing Kayos using tilt more. :)