iPad Katamari-Framerate issues still?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Monopoly, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Monopoly

Monopoly Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Ive never really gotten a straight answer from anyone, so here goes:

With the update does the game still have framerate issues in the iTouch 2G?

Thankss

2. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    1. You could've just asked the question in the title of this thread. We're supposed to keep the titles descriptive/informative so we know what the thread is about.

2. Didn't the update completely fix all the framerate issues? If it fixed it for anyone else, it most likely fixed it for the 2G since the 2G has the most processing power of all the iDevices.

:)

3. Zenric

Zenric Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2008
    I don't seem to notice any problem with it anymore.

4. Fazzy

Fazzy Well-Known Member

You could have just asked him (^^^), he knows everything...
    AND NOT ZENRIC, ISTOP.

5. istopmotion

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    Thanks! :D

6. gospel9

gospel9 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    actually I was thinking about the same thing.
    I am more curious about the controls and content actually... now that hearing people say that the framerate is good enough for play.

If you'd cared, the game dosen't save when you are interrupted (phone call, pressing home button, and crashing won't save your game).

The reviews are of mixed... there are fans of the game then there are many people still disappointed (1 to 3 star reviews). I only counted the reviews from people who played (who said they played) version 1.01.

7. rootbeersoup

rootbeersoup Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I have a touch 2G and it's perfect

8. gigidey

gigidey Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2008
    On my iPhone 3G, I think both the controls anf framerate are fantastic. Katamari is one of my favorite games I have on my phone.

9. Zenric

Zenric Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2008
    turning is a bit awkward still, but once you get used it the controls are fine. The button to flip your character around is invaluable.

10. matt

matt Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Blogger/Student/Public Relations
    Collins,GA
    I have a G1 iPod Touch and it runs perfectly fine. There is still that stupid slow down animation that does cause the game's frame rate to drop, but its only for a few seconds.

A word of advice do not play the game for an extended period of time because you can get a headache from its graphics. Of course this just could be but I haven't had any other issues with the other games.

Still its worth a buy.

11. McChikun

McChikun Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    The game runs fine. Grab it for PS2, PSP, or Xbox 360 if you get the chance - those versions of Katamari are the full-fledged games. If you compare the console Katamaris to the iPhone one, the iPhone one runs slightly - but noticeably - slower. Furthermore, the controls for the iPhone version aren't nearly as precise. Regardless, I Love Katamari brings the Katamari Damacy experience to the iPhone, which is a great feat itself. Although I think the $8 is a bit steep (you can probably grab a used copy of the PS2 Katamari Damacy for about that much), if you have yet to experience an iteration of this game, I doubt you'll be disappointed.

12. gospel9

gospel9 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Just wanna say thanks for taking the time to write the comments. Purchased !~

And controls seemed just fine!

13. istopmotion

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    I'm glad everyone could help you on your decision. :) Hope you enjoy the game :D

14. Justom

Justom Well-Known Member

I have a 1g iTouch, and it runs pretty good. I was experiencing major framerate issues before the update, so I guess the update helped.

15. D.Sync

D.Sync Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    University Student
    Malaysia
    I would hold this game off unless there is any price discount for it and most importantly, stability and smooth game play.

I had never played Katamari games before, so I would not buy this on impulse. Perhaps more people can comment about this game? :confused:

16. Phi6

Phi6 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Before the update it was pretty impossible to finish a level. Now, the whole game is completeable at a consistent framerate and is very enjoyable!

17. ashitaka

ashitaka Member

Nov 5, 2008
    No frame rate issues on 1G iPhone and I just love that game!

I've never played a Katamari game before but got totally hooked with that one. It's a lot of fun and soo japanese :) Just get it, you won't regret...

18. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    #18 don_k, Jan 11, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2009
    So is it now as smooth as BiiBall (framerate-wise)?

I might buy this game tomorrow so I wanna make sure it's not choppy anymore.

19. ashitaka

ashitaka Member

Nov 5, 2008
    I've never played BiiBall (3d Lite) for long as it did not appeal to me much bus I just got back to it for a minute to be able to compare smoothness...

The controlls on i Love Katamari are not as responsive as BiiBall's and hence you might say that Katamari is somewhat less smooth. Still frame rate issues are now gone and the game is so much fun! I'm sure you'll love rolling up whatever comes in your way with your Katamari (and not just bouncing in rainbow colored stars as in BiiBall). Here's a cool teaser for the game (playstation edition): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79w8yQTH5b0

20. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Thanks for replying. Gameplay-wise, of course Katamari is far superior compared to Biiball. However, even the most recent gameplay clip on youtube doesn't look that smooth. It feels rather slow compared to the PS2 version even though the iPhone version has virtually no shading.

It's like 70-80% of the ps2 speed.