Karate champ

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by Revolutionary Concepts, May 28, 2010.

1. kiranb28

kiranb28 Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010

Still not working... sorry

2. Caprone

Caprone Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2010
    #82 Caprone, Jun 1, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
    Unbroken, the guys at Revolutionary Concepts have no fault in this. It's a problem that surely will be resolved soon. Me and everyone else who received the code are waiting hour after hour to finally redeem 'em, and as you can read in the posts these things may happen, and they did.
    Also, the methods from the Customer Service don't work, so it has to be something regarding the Store and some glitches in it, that surely will be fixed.
    My personal suggest is to continue trying to redeem the code, as i do, cause the issue could resolve any moment, and remember, it's a gift, nobody paid for these codes, except the developers who bought them to give 'em to us and are monitoring the situation. A little bit of patience and you'll got your game!

3. unbrokenchain33

unbrokenchain33 Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Just got sent another gifted Karate Champ from Revolutionary Concepts. Greatly appreciated! Not blaming them at all, definitely Apple's fault.. but still DOESN'T WORK! Gonna have to write to Apple again

4. Caprone

Mar 31, 2010
    #84 Caprone, Jun 1, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
    Could i suggest you not to write them? Because, IMO, keep asking them for a solution won't bring that much and i still believe it's a matter of time. However the developers, like i said in my last post, are monitoring the situation, and they surely keep in touch with Apple to fix this issue.

5. xStatiCa

xStatiCa Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    #85 xStatiCa, Jun 2, 2010
    Just a status for me. I got another Gift email but the same error.

Maybe we should move the gift code problem posts to another thread so that we don't keep flooding this thread with them.

6. Caprone

Mar 31, 2010
    Got another code me too and as you said it doesn't work either.
    IMHO, just wait and see.
    Also, thx to developers for resending the codes, and let's hope tomorrow could be our "redeeming" day!

7. xStatiCa

Aug 4, 2009
    #87 xStatiCa, Jun 2, 2010
    The second gift code that itunes sent is actually the same code. Itunes just seems to send a reminder or maybe the sender is able to try to resend.

I sent a second support request to itunes about it stating that the credit card removal and re-add does not make a difference. Probably be another day or so for itunes to respond.

8. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    I did the same thing...replied to my support email letting them know that the whole credit card thing did not work.

9. Revolutionary Concepts

Revolutionary Concepts Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    The 2nd round of emails sent from itunes is because we used the resend option as suggested by Apple support, and of course looks like that didn't work (sigh).
    Follow up email sent to Apple by us and another to Steve for good measure!
    We'll give it a bit longer then try something else - understandably I'm not keen on throwing good money after bad by paying for more codes if we can't be sure they'll work but maybe we'll try a different tact and do something via pay pal? At this point we just want you guys to be able to enjoy the game - and hope it'll still be enjoyable after all this nonsense.
    Thanks again for your interest and patience.

10. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Thanks for the update! I say you wait a bit before you consider that Paypal option though because it may be right at that moment that the gifting begins to work again ;)

11. xStatiCa

Aug 4, 2009
    Itunes support should be able to find the problem. It is really on them to do so and we should keep probing them for an answer. I wouldn't give them another penny until they fix the problem. They are bound to figure out what is wrong. If not I would demand that they refund the money to the developers. I certainly do not want the developers to pay for it twice. It is not their fault.

12. akame

akame Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2009
    I too cannot redeem the gift. It says 50002 error when clicking the redeem link and unable to process my request when i copy and paste the code to redeem.

13. kiranb28

Mar 17, 2010
    Revo> Something I just thought of. The email address through which I applied for the contest, is not the same as my iTunes email address.

Since i received the code in my alternate (gmail) ID and am trying to click the link through to redeem it, could this be the problem or reason why I can't redeem it? Perhaps the gift needs to be sent to the SAME email ID as the person's iTunes account is connected with?

Can anyone else confirm this?

14. akame

akame Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2009
    it should work regardless of accounts. The redeem link has the code , once iTunes is activated, it will be redeemed under that iTunes login which is logon.

Maybe the developer's credit card is blocked by apple? What I can understand is the credit card used to purchase the iTunes gift needs to have a legal US address. Looks like this bunch of codes has been blocked somehow by apple.

i tried to redeem a gift card, code and both methods work.

15. Caprone

Mar 31, 2010
    It works regardless of account.
    The fact is everyone of us who got a code can't redeem it for now, and we're talking of 50 codes. It's a sort of problem that we or the developers can't fix, it's all in the hands of Apple!
    As usually, i tri and retry to redeem my code, maybe today everything will be fine!

16. Revolutionary Concepts

Nov 12, 2009
    #96 Revolutionary Concepts, Jun 2, 2010
    Guys, as we've stated the issue is at Apples end, they have said as much too. Continual speculation like the above quote isn't helping! We have team members in the US and anyone who knows our trackrecord would know our creditcards stretch to a little more than $100 thanks ROTFL.

Apple issued the codes WHICH ONLY HAPPENS UPON PAYMENT! so obviously that aint the issue. They are expected to be valid and after arranging for them to be resent today as instructed by Apple Support, we have now requested a refund and in the event they are a dud batch. Once this comes through we will then start over.

Thanks for hanging in there, we never give up -and two and a half years in the app-store has taught us to roll with the punches - so hope you'll hang tight a bit longer. Meantime I know everyone has plenty o apps to keep em occupied :)

17. kiranb28

Mar 17, 2010
    Thanks Revo.

Maybe this time around, you could email the individual codes to the people's email IDs who won instead of technically 'gifting' them through iTunes (if they give you a new batch of codes, that is)

Looking forward to playing soon :X

18. Revolutionary Concepts

Nov 12, 2009
    Alrighty,
    We can't wait for iTunes Support forever and so rather than have you guys wait any longer we're paying for another lot of 50. Hopefully last time was a one off glitch in the Matrix and we'll hear you're finally able to enjoy the game - and that the wait was worth it :p

Our man in New York will send them - in smaller batches this time - in the next 30 mins or so.

Thx guys.

19. davemich66

davemich66 Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2010
    Hello all! Just wanted to let everyone know that I just recieved an email with a new gift card from Revolutionary Concepts. Karate Champ downloaded like a champ!!
    First off I want to thank Revolutionary Concepts for doing this, and giving us the chance to try this game. They have gone above and beyond the call of duty by purchasing 50 more gift cards for those of us who won the contest. Please, everyone leave a review for the game in iTunes. Regardless of if you like the game or not, I believe that this developer is a class act!!

Thanks again,

David

20. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    YAY!!! :D

The newest email link worked without a single hitch and the game downloaded without incident.

For whatever reason, the first batch just did not work at all.