Karate champ

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by Revolutionary Concepts, May 28, 2010.

1. Caprone

Caprone Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Nice to hear that! Thx to you for all your effort.

2. DarkeMage

DarkeMage Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    High School
    Sydney, Australia!!!
    I just realised I won a code. Thanks very much Revolutionary Concepts!!

Though should I wait for the problem to be fixed before I ente rthe code???

3. Caprone

Mar 31, 2010
    Any news guys?
    Anyone was able to redeem code?

4. kiranb28

kiranb28 Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    I just realized I won a code as well!

Unfortunately, unable to redeem it... as soon as I hit the REDEEM button after inputting it, it says An error occured - The iTunes Store could not process your request, please try again later.

:(

5. cjsbug

cjsbug Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Same thing has been happening to everyone else. Not just with Karate Champ either. Check the note from the dev a couple posts up. It's an Apple problem.

6. Revolutionary Concepts

Revolutionary Concepts Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Hey Kiran,

Yes as you can tell the issue is at Apples end. The gift codes were purchased via iTunes and sent out by Apple, so we are kind of in their hands on this one :( I'm confident whatever glitch they are experiencing will be resolved in the next 24 hours or so as they are usually on to these things pretty quickly.

If anyone successfully manages to redeem a code please post here.

Thanks.

7. M.A.S.

M.A.S. Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Do you want I test too?

Just send me a code ... LOL

(at least I tried to win..:D)

8. davemich66

davemich66 Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2010
    I had a problem with getting a gift code to work one time. Had to upgrade to the newest version of iTunes before it would work.

9. Caprone

Mar 31, 2010
    #69 Caprone, May 31, 2010
    Last edited: May 31, 2010
    I already tried that (since in the email we have received with the code a message suggested to update to the latest release of iTunes), but mine is updated to the latest release. We can only have patience!

P.S. Anyone got a news about this redeeming?

10. xStatiCa

xStatiCa Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    I wonder if the redeeming problem is related to the upcoming 4.0 iPhone release. Maybe they updated something on the backend that broke gifting. I have tried redeeming through the latest version of iTunes and from the iPhone and iPad. Same problem persists.

11. kiranb28

Mar 17, 2010
    Hmmm... just tried again, still no luck :(

12. Caprone

Mar 31, 2010
    #72 Caprone, Jun 1, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
    I'm beginning a little hopeless now...Two days since the codes release and they don't work yet...

Update: code still rejected from App Store as i'm writing. Hope today will be the right day.

13. Revolutionary Concepts

Nov 12, 2009
    Hey Guys,

Rest assured we are monitoring, and have ourselves sent off an email to Apple support.

At this stage we are seriously reconsidering any future giveaways :(

14. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    I just got an email back from Apple support and they suggest this...I can't try it out now since I'm at work:

15. kiranb28

Mar 17, 2010
    Tried it; no luck.

I don't understand the logic though - I redeemed TWO codes recently (Virtual Table Tennis and Pro Football 3D) and both worked fine.

There's something specifically wrong with THESE batch of codes, that's for sure...

16. cjsbug

cjsbug Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Los Angeles
    This is a problem with codes generated through "Gifting" in the app store, not just this batch. I had the same situation with another app.

17. xStatiCa

xStatiCa Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Somone should gift this app to sjobs at apple.com to show him the problem ;).

18. unbrokenchain33

unbrokenchain33 Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    I dont get why they cant send us a Promo Code for the gifted games we received! getting ridiculous

19. unbrokenchain33

unbrokenchain33 Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Sarah here from the iTunes Store Customer Support Team, happy to be of assistance to you today. I'm sorry you ran into error 5002 when you tried to use the iTunes Store to download gifts you were sent. I can certainly appreciate that you would want this resolved right away and I would be more than happy to help out with this today.

This error was caused by a temporary issue with the iTunes Store that should be resolved now. Please check the iTunes Store again. All features should be working well.

If you received this error while downloading a large purchase order, please understand that the cause of the error may be a combination of the size of the order you are downloading and the speed of your connection. Please try another connection that is faster than your current connection. If this is not possible, please continue to attempt to download your purchase. This may take several attempts.

If making several attempts does not work, please let the person know who sent you the gifts that they will need to resend them. Enjoy the rest of your day! Take care.

20. Revolutionary Concepts

Nov 12, 2009
    Unbroken,
    We don't have 50 promo codes lying around and that is why we paid for these codes out of our own pocket. Sorry it's getting ridiculous for you.

As you are aware Apple issue gift apps via iTunes - we are as disappointed as you are (more) that the codes we gave you arent currently working but hopefully they'll resolve things soon.

We don't expect you to buy the app (heaven forbid right :p) but please appreciate we are all in the same boat.

Worst case if they don't come good we'll think of something else!
    Cheers.