iPad KapselRacer

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sarka_farka, Aug 5, 2009.

1. sarka_farka

sarka_farka Member

Aug 5, 2009
    #1 sarka_farka, Aug 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2009
    $1.99
    http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=323683915&mt=8

Did you spend countless hours of your childhood flicking bottlecaps on a sidewalk track drawn with chalk?
    You surely remember this passionate game where caps are pushed swiftly throughout the course, avoiding opponents, or blasting them off the track.

Kapsel Racer takes you back in time.

The game is extremely easy to learn, accessible to all ages, attractive to look at and play. Players take turns flicking their caps with one finger to race around the track. The goal is to reach the finish line in the fastest time or with the least amount of flicks. The caps interact with each other. If your cap goes off the track, it is put back where it was and you loose your turn. If you hit an opponents' cap and knock them off the track, their cap is placed back on the track where it was. Despite its simplicity, the game is fun to play and allows for many different playing styles. Try to flick your cap as far as possible, choosing the best trajectory without going off the track.

To be a winner you need good timing, accuracy and a little luck. Have fun!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Ddyracer123

Ddyracer123 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hmmmm

This supposed to be a car clone ;)? Looks intersting might pick it up when I get home from my vacation. Btw any chance of a lite version:eek: in the future?:D

3. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    LOl. Interesting concept btw. Would like to try if theres a lite available.

4. Looks pretty decent -- like the idea, and Spruce's previous game (iFoosball) was pretty well done. Is it two player only or is there a one-player mode?

5. sarka_farka

sarka_farka Member

Aug 5, 2009
    You can play against the AI or alone :)

--
    SF

6. ImNoSuperMan

Jun 28, 2009
    Please post a video if possible :)

7. Nice. Gonna have to add this to The List.

8. sarka_farka

sarka_farka Member

Aug 5, 2009
    There is no "lite" version.

--
    SF

9. ImNoSuperMan

Jun 28, 2009
    I figured that out as there was none in iTunes. I meant to ask if there is going to be any chance of a lite version in the near future. But looks like there aint any...

10. sarka_farka

sarka_farka Member

Aug 5, 2009
    I'll post tomorrow :)

--
    SF

11. ImNoSuperMan

Jun 28, 2009
    That will be very much appreciated. Thank u. N

12. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

This is very good! The graphics are outstanding and the concept is fun. My only complaint is that sometimes it's hard to flick the cap. It's also extremely sensitive to a flick - it would be nice to have an option to set the sensitivity.

This is a great game to demonstrate what can be done on an iDevice to one of the great unwashed who have not yet seen the light!

Jamie.

13. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009

This is cool, reminds me of PitchCar...

14. sarka_farka

sarka_farka Member

Aug 5, 2009
    For me too...

--
    SF

15. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    So some quick impressions -

Played through the first 2 laps, and lap design and graphics are outstanding.

I initially was using my index finger to flick - and had very poor results - multiple tries, too hard, too soft - then watched video above, and used my thumb - MUCH better. However - still takes several flicks to sometime have it register, and because you are not sure it registers there is a tendency to press harder, and flick harder - resulting in the cap going off the track - so better "hit" detection - or something that lets player know that cap is going to move? Put a glow around the cap? Don't know but it is frustrating.

Also, moving camera is pretty easy, although I always like Y axis inverted - and timer keeps going even when adjusting camera - probably should have timer pause because some of the shots are difficult to see if you don't adjust the camera and you should not get penalized for that.

Also, after adjusting camera - cap sometimes becomes even harder to flick - just does not seem to want to get detected.

Agree with above about sensitivity for how hard to flick the cap - some people may have a naturally harder flick, or lighter and should be able to tone it up or down.

Overall very impressed though - having ability to race against friends would be awesome..

16. ImNoSuperMan

Jun 28, 2009
    One major problem here. How can I flick the cap if this is what I see. More impressions in a couple of minutes...

Attached Files:

17. Jacek

Jacek Active Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Try to reset the camera.

--
    J.

18. ImNoSuperMan

Jun 28, 2009
    More impressions..
    -Well the camera needs some work here. Something or the other is always obstructing my view more or less. I know I can move the camera by using two finger swipe, but making these obstacles transparent automatically is what I`d have preferred.
    -Playing the game against the AI is kinda boring. You have to flick once, then wait for the computer to finish his turn before getting another chance to flick your cap again. Also the camera movement from your cap to the computer`s is also a lil annoying and does nothing else except wasting your time.
    -The practice game was more fun to play coz of the above reason only. There was no other player to disturb me after each flick. I`d rather like to finish my turn completely till the end while playing with AI.
    -Multiplayer needed. If not true online then atleast local wifi and also single device two player option where players takes turn flicking the cap.
    -A few more levels to add with the existing three will be welcome.

19. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    #20 Devilishly Good, Aug 8, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
    I have to second the impression from above...this game would really lend itself to pass and play multiplayer with a person for each cap color and each takes turn flicking.

The flicking can be pretty imprecise at times...it would be neat to see maybe an alternate control scheme like in Flip Beans (there is a free version so you could take a look at its control if you like). So I wind up over flicking or taking multiple tiny flicks.

While the camera is readjusting after a succesful flick, the timer should be stopped, also for when we are adjusting the camera angle too.