iPad KamiCrazy – Side Scrolling Platform Puzzler

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by arn, Dec 12, 2008.

1. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member

Apr 19, 2008
    #1 arn, Dec 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2009
    http://kamicrazy.com/

App Link

Lite Version (8 levels)

Sounds like Lemmings?

Here's a preview/teaser video. And let me just say I hate non-gameplay teaser videos:

arn

gameplay video
    [hqyoutube]CnYCIwNwfdI[/hqyoutube]

simulated gameplay video
    [hqyoutube]lZph3Vy64-4[/hqyoutube]

2. terrett101

terrett101 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Interesting sounding game, strange for them to have gone from concept art to a submitted game in 5 days, but I suppose we won't know until we see it. I agree with you though, not only is it frustrating to see no in game video, but also slightly worrying. Why wouldn't a developer post screenshots or video of the actual game on their site if it is finished and submitted?

3. fluidpixel

fluidpixel New Member

Dec 12, 2008
    KamiCrazy

We're working on it, sorry for the lack of material, we've been a bit slow on the promotion front as we've been polishing the game for submission.

The game is now live and can be found on iTunes here:
    KamiCrazy iTunes

There's also a Lite version awaiting approval so keep an eye out for that.

Screenshots can also be found on the facebook page

We hope you enjoy the game and let us know your feedback

[​IMG]

4. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Looks promising.
    I want to see an in-game video :)

5. Gummybear

Gummybear Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Just got the game. Guess everybody around here knows Lemmings ... this game is like it but kinda different.

The little soldiers have to get from A to B but instead of giving them little "jobs" like digging you can manipulate the surroundings moving object with your finger or to get soldiers to flip switches.

You interact with the soldiers by flicking them making them jump or turn around.

I am 10 levels into the game and so far it's quick fun - each level about 10 to 20 seconds. Well there's supposed to be about 40 levels so I guess it's enough for a qucik round on the porcelaine throne. ;)

6. BATTLE BORN

BATTLE BORN Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    Come on Devs. your teaser video looks like it took much more effort than filming a minute or two of gameplay...

7. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    The game has a lemmings feel to it.

You start a level with a group of solders (lets just say 5) they fall through a starting gate one at a time. You goal is to get them to the exit shack using gesture controls to switch directions, jump, move objects, etc. The exit shack is lower than the starting number so you can lose a few solders without worry.

4 dollars seems like much at this point but I'll keep playing and see if things pick up

8. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    Has anyone tried this yet? it looks to be inspired by lemmings, but the gameplay seems a little different. Someone made a thread about it last night and said they liked it.

I think I might go ahead and get it

9. Chase

Chase Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    Looks great. The visuals really bring back memories of Day of the Tentacle/ Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

10. 00011000

00011000 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    fun little game. nice graphics. the kamidude fall out of a hole just like in lemmings.

instead of assigning tasks, you flick the kami to make him jump, swipe to change directions etc.

this puzzle game mixes it up a bit by having bouncy platform, and fans to blow the kamis as they fly through the air to negotiate farther jumps.

This game reminds me of old amiga games Troddlers and Bill's tomato game, with Lemmings obviously thrown in as well.

It's a really really good game. I'd definitely recommend checking it out, especially if you like these types of puzzlers.

11. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
  12. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
  13. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Nope - downloaded OK

I've just downloaded it. I have been having problems with iTunes again today (I get an error message whenever I try to post a review). Maybe Apple are still changing iTunes and this caused a problem. Try it again.

14. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    Hopefully. I keep getting a message that they're having a problem and can't access my account.

15. 00011000

00011000 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    well, i'm on level 26 now and I have a few more thoughts on this game.

- It looks very nice and polished graphically.

but
    - really needs a tutorial mode
    - jumping consistently is really difficult, sometime I feel I KNOW i did everything right and my input was just ignored. EPIC FRUSTRATION

I really wouldn't recommend this game until up update comes out to add/fix these major omissions.

16. fluidpixel

fluidpixel New Member

Dec 12, 2008
    New Gameplay video

We've just uploaded a new gameplay video up on YouTube showing off some footage from the first few levels.

We'll get some more stuff up soon, in the meantime keep letting us know what you think, we've got a new build with some fixes in coming soon, so anything you say could directly influence the update.

Kamicrazy

17. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Meh, looks ok. Not really my type of game. Definitely trying the lite version, though. Couldn't help laughing at the teaser video when the guy ran past the same mountain 3 times :p

18. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    I liked the lite version, but I don't think I'll buy it. It's a well made game, it's just not my cup-o-tea. the lite version is definitely worth trying.

19. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

Tried the lite version. It constantly crashes on startup even after rebooting. I get the loading screen, the a cube and then again the loading screen. Then it crashes.

20. ericxd

ericxd Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    the new gameplay vid looks great!