Universal JYDGE (By 10tons Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Ann0ying, Jan 17, 2018.

1. rpgmind

rpgmind Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Ah yes, thank you! I meant I had everything on except that at the time, now I've got all boxes checked. I'm not terribly familiar with fps so I didn't know what it was if not checked lol, now i know

2. Peter321

Peter321 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Male
    I agree 100% - I actually was very disappointed that this is not included. Especially with all the powerups and progression of the game, not being able to sync across devices is really annoying.

But the game itself is REALLY great :-D

3. 61050

61050 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2013
    i couldnt really get into neon chrome, but this is ace. its a lot more cohesive in my opinion.

4. rhinofinger

rhinofinger Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2013
    #64 rhinofinger, Jan 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2018

When you press the button, it
    makes the lower elevator (next to the one that the freed hostages run into) functional. When you go into this elevator after pressing the button and after the "get back to your vehicle" text has appeared, it takes you to a secret area.
    Took me a while to figure that out. Seems to work on any difficulty level.

On a related note, has anyone found any other
    secret areas
    ? This is the only one I've found, and the game tells you afterward that this is the
    second secret area of ten

Edit: found a guide to all of the
    secret areas and collectibles
    on this Steam thread

5. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Great, thank you. I shall have to check that out.

6. drunk_vader

drunk_vader Active Member

Feb 23, 2015
    Barista
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    This needs iCloud save support ASAP. Otherwise, a great game - 10/10.

7. 10tonsLtd

10tonsLtd Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Hmh, yes, iCloud saves. We totally get that it would be a great feature to have. The problem is, we're pretty sure it doesn't work correctly 100% of the time. We have firsthand experience about this with Spellspire, and we hear from other developers that no matter what, eventually cloud saves will lose or even completely destroy data. And THAT's bad. But we might be able to cobble together something that would work pretty well, and even when failing wouldn't just wipe away everything. Maybe.

Anyway, I came here to thank everyone for playing JYDGE on iOS. I guess we launched at a very good time, as we got to benefit greatly from one of the early iOS preorders and got amazing App Store features. And the game's ok too, right? All of this created something of a perfect storm for a premium mobile game from a small indie dev, as the game generated a cool $100k in a month. Which is frankly flabbergasting, in the best way possible. Thank you!

8. 10tonsLtd

10tonsLtd Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Heads up peeps, JYDGE will go on €3.49 EUR (Tier 3) discount for April 19-26. That's pretty cheap!

9. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Thank you for visiting here to let us know. Tesla Vs. Lovecraft is also expected. :D

10. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    #70 nyanpass, Apr 18, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    A little bit early, but a discount on this game has begun according to developer's notice. :D

Among the 10tons games, this game, which is comparable to NeonChrome, especially JYDGE, is well received by users. :p

11. Verse

Verse Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2017
    Why is this not listed on the app store? It's a pretty important piece of information I think. At least it is critical to me, as I wouldn't touch this game without mfi controller support.

12. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Not trying to start an argument but i think gamers who play games on their phones ONLY with a gamepad are in the minority by far. Would prefer the devs get the touch screen controls right. Limiting yourself quite a bit if you wont touch a game if theres no MFI gamepad functionality

13. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    “This game”. Perhaps they mean twin stick shooters.
    I certainly prefer them with my pad (doesn’t stop me if I don’t have it to hand) but I wouldn’t expect Polytopia, for example, to offer it.

14. Verse

Verse Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2017
    I'm probably in the minority, and that's fine. Certain games make more sense with a gamepad, and i enjoy using one for those kinds of games. The problem isn't whether the game supports mfi, but more that it does, and it's not announced on the store page, as with every other game that supports it. That makes very little sense to me.

So while you may enjoy playing all games with your fingers, i find it's very uncomfortable to hold my 13 inch iPad Pro in my hands and playing any length of time, much less for longer stretches.

So it's not that I don't play games without a controller. In fact most games make more sense without it on an iPad, but some games are just perfect with a controller.

15. Verse

Verse Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2017
    I bought the game now, and can totally confirm it has mfi support. Only played 5 minutes, but it seems fun so far.

16. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    I was a console gamer previously, but these days I'm almost exclusively an iPhone/iPad gamer. Mostly out of convenience & the fact that I simply can't find the time to handcuff myself to a television screen anymore. On the other hand, I take gaming seriously & if touchscreen controls weren't any good, I never would've continued gaming on mobile. But these days touchscreen controls ARE very good, Space Marshals, Jydge & Neon Chrome are fantastic examples of awesome touch controls for a duel stick game.

17. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    Oh well, I was holding because I didnt play much of Neon Chrome yet, but when you put it this cheap, you get me !

Instabought, looking forward to it #

18. EZ Ice

EZ Ice Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Apps
    Tropical Island Pirate Hangout
    Is it pronounced like Bridge?

19. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

Cool question. Been wondering the same ever since I read its name but I never knew for sure how it was supposed to be pronounced.

Anyway, if you enable "Speak Selection" under General→Accessibility→Speech settings, and then select text like "The Jydge", you'll get the option to "speak" your selection and...

Yeah, it's pronounced like "bridge".

:D

20. NickA

NickA Member

Dec 18, 2017
    Devs so seldom get touchscreen controls right for large format devices it’s truly sad, the big iPad Pro makes a great gaming device. MFI is pretty much mandatory though unless you have 6” thumbs. Such a shame that pretty much no developer properly scales controls for different size devices.

I suspect Apple might be partly to blame, not providing a simple robust way to deal with things in the API.