Universal Justice League: Earth's Final Defense (By Netmarble)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by iANiMeX, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Vrizzy

Vrizzy Member

May 9, 2012
    If someone buy it on 3GS and runs well, pelase tell. I want to buy this!.

2. SuperWeird

SuperWeird Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2010
    #62 SuperWeird, Aug 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2012
    Looking forward to buying this app as soon as it hits the US app store. Been playing lots of beat-em-ups lately, so hopefully JusticeLeague holds up with the rest of them.

3. Ballsiest

Ballsiest New Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Student
    Los Angeles
    Bought this game even though I'm jailbroken and I'm glad to say that "xCon" works like a charm in bypassing jailbreak detection!

4. devensega

devensega Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2011
    Yeh I will probably buy but I would like to see if this xcon wheez works first.

Those who have dipped in, is it like Marvel's Ultimate Allince games? I love those.

5. SuperWeird

Dec 9, 2010
    Sweet!

6. SuperWeird

Dec 9, 2010
    Wait.. this game's already out? Buying it NOW!

7. RowdyDinglebery

Apr 26, 2011
    support cards

anyone figure out how to use them in the game?

8. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Ok, so back to the game...

If you've played it, can you post some impressions? I know one person already did but I'm looking for a few opinions before I think about biting. And maybe a gameplay video? It looks ok, but I'm not 100% impressed by what I've seen so far.

9. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    All Jailbreaking reasoning back and forth aside...

I'm a big DC fan, the game looks intriguing...how does the game play? Please someone bless us with some solid impressions. I want to get the game, but don't want to play a demo/beta version game and will gladly wait for the kinks to be worked out first. Is there a lot of content, replayability, controls, etc...

I apologize ahead of time if someone did post detailed impressions, but after reading through several pages my eyes can't go through anymore of the 99% saturated off-topic bs this thread has turned into...

10. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    #70 GodSon, Aug 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2012
    Anyone?

11. banger1103

banger1103 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Yeah I would like to know as well. Worth the pickup?

12. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#72 Sanuku, Aug 1, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
    Game Impressions

The Support Cards are like Buffs:

[​IMG]

If you tap on them you can see what Buff you get when you wear the Card with you.

[​IMG]

To actually switch the active Card you have first to Tap the Card you want use and then the open Slot (Card Slots)

[​IMG]

At the Beginning you only have one Slot so you can only wear one Card with you. Since you can switch it during the Mission you should always use the one that does fit your Game Style the Best.

[​IMG]

Don`t forget that you can also upgrade them to...

[​IMG]

... improve their Stats.

13. banger1103

banger1103 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Thanks Sanuku! But I think I'll pass looks.....boring

14. famousringo

famousringo Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2011
    The game is... pretty dull to be honest. Bland goons, dull environment, no story worth mentioning. You just move the virtual thumbstick towards a target and mash the attack button, tapping a special attack every now and then to stay awake. No jumping, no defensive moves, no story worth mentioning, no strategy beyond not getting surrounded.

What fun there is to be had in this game pretty much comes down to a levelling system and a little fan service. Always wanted a Justice League game on your phone? Well, now you can have one. Just as long as you don't mind that Cyborg and Aquaman got benched.

15. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009

Ouch! Thanks for the honest impressions. Sadly, I kinda figured the ai would be mindless and lacking life. Gonna take a wild guess and say this isn't sandbox either? I'd love to take Superman flying through the city and outer space or Batman through the rooftops (i.e. Darknight Rises by Gameloft) if you know what I mean? Regardless of this being a mobile game, you'd figure DC Comics would have a little more integrity in what they put out, especially in comparison to Marvel.

I think I'll wait to see some more impressions and take a look at Sanuku's vid when I have the time later. In the mean-time, this will go on my App-Shopper wishlist to collect digital dust. Sigh...

16. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Pretty much. I mean, I'm a huge comic book geek, and I include myself in that category of people who wanted a JL game on the go (along with pretty much any comic book property a dev manages to get its hands on). However, the gameplay flaws are pretty damaging. The absense of a block button means you take a lot more damage than you should against a group of goons and, consequently, you either die a lot or spend the level breaking boxes (which may or may not contain energy drops, which means you will find yourself breaking boxes for the heck of it) to prepare for the next dose of punishment. The currency is also a flaw. Most of everything in this game has to be bought with these points (characters, costumes, card upgrades) and you earn very small amounts at the end of each level, which means it's doubtful you will unlock everything without spending more money. Personally, it annoys me, but it's not a gamebreaker, but it may be for some of you.
    If you're looking for fan-service, then there's quite a lot of that. Each hero has 2 unlockable costumes (the description mentions 5. Whether that's another mistake or more will be available later on remains to be seen), some of which are pretty cool. Not a lot more than that, though.
    At this stage, I wouldn't consider the current price too expensive for what the game is. There are some fun elements in this (the upgrading system is very fun, and the different styles of each hero add a certain level of variety). However, for all its shortcomings, 5$ is too steep a price.

17. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Game Impressions

How does JUSTICE LEAGUE : Earth's Final Defense work?:

[​IMG]

Someone please touch me so we can move forward ^^

[​IMG]

After the Main Menu you get directly...

[​IMG]

... to the Select Mission Screen in which you can switch between the four Chapters where each one of them is seperated into five Mission.

After hitting Next because we can`t await any longer and don`t give a shit that the Menu is actually pretty ugly and shows us some Stats like how many Points we did earn the last Time we have played througheach Mission and what Degree we did earn...

[​IMG]

...we are getting asked what Difficulty Level we want to choose. There are as expected Easy, Normal and Hard which can not be played from the Beginning.

The next Screen is again sadly a pain in my Ass since instead of giving us some Backgroundinformation about each one of the JUSTICE LEAGUE Fighters all we get is...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Since Batman seem currently the only one who could Kick some Ass we choose the Dark Knight of Gotham City and getting...

[​IMG]

!*

*= I still believe that they missed the "Do you wanna really play with <Insert Super Hero Name x>?" instead of the <Insert Super Hero Name x>!

AFter a short Loading...

[​IMG]

...Break...

[​IMG]

...we get an Hint who could be one of the Villain in the Game...

[​IMG]

... Lex *Jerk* Luthor...

[​IMG]

...after that we get an smooth Fade Out Effect...

[​IMG]

...and jump right to the next Sequenze...

[​IMG]

Our Superheroes get from Cyborg the Hint that an mysterious army is gathering near Metropolis... (Sidenote: Nice Ass Wonder Woman!)

[​IMG]

Since Batman seem to be the only one with enough Ballz he has to clean up the Streets of Metropolis while the Rest do something else...

18. Joltrabbit

Joltrabbit Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    There must be a massive logjam to download this game because it is only 200 MB and it's been downloading for 30 minutes but I'm only halfway done.

Edit: The game is currently three dollars apparently the price goes back up to five dollars next week

19. SuperWeird

Dec 9, 2010
    I like this game a lot so far. I'm playing on a 4S, graphics, framerate, controls, sound is all smooth. The fighting is pretty basic, similar to TDK or SM Total Mayhem; mostly one-button smashing with extra buttons for special moves. But there is some strategy involved in using your powers in combination, especially against the bosses. Characters can be leveled-up to get stronger and gain more powers. Superman can fly and shoot lasers. Fighting as Wonder Woman is awesome. The levels are interesting and change to keep the gameplay feeling fresh (right now I'm fighting enemies on top of a moving subway train). It's not a sandbox, it's more like Total Mayhem in terms of stage progression and free movement. The fighting's repetitive, but if you're a fan of beat-em-ups and super heroes, this game delivers.

I think this is the fist game for the iOS featuring Superman that doesn't suck. Also, it's the first time we can play as Flash or WW on the iOS - as far as I know.

20. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#80 Sanuku, Aug 1, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
    [​IMG]

After a few Seconds we already get the first Fist in our Face and therefore...

[​IMG]

...we try to do our Best to either Kill everyone else or at least sent everyone to the next Hospital so Two Face does finally have some People to talk with...

[​IMG]

While most of the Parts of the City are closed and we can`t move Free around like in the two last Superhero Games from Gameloft...

[​IMG]

...the Fighting Ground in Justice League: Earth's Final Defense is pretty tight.

[​IMG]

After each few Fights new Section of the City get opened up so the fighting and walking is pretty linear since we are not able to get back a mysterious Energy Field is blocking most of the Time our Way and we can`t get through...

[​IMG]

As we fight through the Streets of Metropolis we don`t only fight those Villain Dumb Mobs...

We also meet a lot of...

[​IMG]

...and...

[​IMG]

...that usually left some Health or Energy after we hit them hard with out Batfists.

[​IMG]

After a few Blocks...

[​IMG]

...and a few dozen Wood Boxs that we have killed and where we will probably get sued by Greenpeace for we...

[​IMG]

...kill a few more Boxes...

[​IMG]

...till we finally...

[​IMG]

...reach the End of the current Mission or at least our GPS System tells us that...

[​IMG]

Most of the Time that`s the Moment where we start to pray for a quick and painless Death but instead...

[​IMG]

....most of the Time we beat the shit out of those Guys and somehow do survive...

[​IMG]

...just to get told by the Game how much we...

[​IMG]

...suck :D