Universal Justice League: Earth's Final Defense (By Netmarble)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by iANiMeX, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    I hope the camera issue is not game breaking. Can any one else can post some gameplay impressions?

2. Danz060391

Danz060391 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Piano teacher
    New Zealand
    #22 Danz060391, Aug 1, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
    Get this running on a jailbroken device

For those who are jailbroken I have found a tweak on cydia that lets you run this. It's called xcon.

3. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    411 mb.

4. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    I was rlt looking forward to this game but such a quiet release doesn't bode well. I'll see what the reviews say before I pull the trigger.

5. splendidham

splendidham Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Seems to me after reading the app description's very poor English and all the problems that users are experiencing that this might not be an officially endorsed app?

6. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    #26 Greyskull, Aug 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2012
    Anyway, I saw this game at the top of Appshopper and immediately smelled something fishy. IF it was pulled, I'm betting the devs haven't acquired the license to use Justice League, or been hired by the rights' holders to develop a game on their behalf. There are typos in the description and it's from an unknown (Korean) publisher. I'm not sure who holds the IP and possible copyright claims to the various characters since I'm not a comic fan, but I DO KNOW that some of these characters have made a LOT of money for multiple parties.

I'm sure it would cost a fortune to license these characters (for good reason, look at the people jumping to buy this based simply on who's in it).

If the game was contracted out by the owners of the ip involved, I just don't see it going to some random Korean company with no noticeable Pre release publicity. And I guarantee the description would sound like it was written by a native English speaker, not a really rough translation.

7. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    The game is being published by WB Games and DC Comics and is totally legit.

8. polycontrale

polycontrale Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    #28 polycontrale, Aug 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2012
    In any case, early impressions aren't sounding good so far...

9. TheMerc

Jul 11, 2012
    This is an official app. DC advertised this on their Facebook page, and many news sites have previewed the game, so it is official. However, you are not far off in your suspicions. Not only is the English in the description terrible, but the only way I could access the game's iTunes page in my country was via the direct link available in the first post. Searching for "Justice League" came up with nothing, not even after going to the dev's page. A very sloppy affair, indeed...

By the way, if you're not a fan of IAP, steer clear. There's in-game currency that you earn very slowly (50 each level in Easy. Might be more in other difficulty levels, though. I'll have to check) that can be used to unlock GL, Flash and alternate costumes and upgrade cards.
    If you are interested in the game, either buy it during this 7-day sale or wait to see if it gets even cheaper, because it's not worth 5$ (mainly because of all the limitations it imposes if you're not willing to drink the IAP kool-aid).

10. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Can't really blame a publisher because the App Store (run by Apple) hasn't propagated their app name for searches...

The English in the game itself is perfectly serviceable. As to the role of IAPs, it's not quite clear yet whether they are necessary - we'll see. My main concern is whether the action will get repetitive. The combat has the simplicity of a KRPG, but without all the loot, crafting etc. I'm hoping that the missions go beyond "beat everyone on sight." Otherwise this is a decent brawler with cool, familiar characters, with a level of polish that seems north of typical Gameloft.

11. bojo619

bojo619 Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2011
    I have a feeling this game is going to bomb big time...

12. napaka79

napaka79 New Member

May 9, 2012
    Does anyone notice the lack of a DC or WB logo or the engrish description? This looks more like a knock-off than a legit app

13. TheMerc

Jul 11, 2012
    I wasn't blaming the publisher. I was merely using that particular situation to show how inconspicuously and sloppily this game was released. Obviously, none of the blame lies with the producer (but they can and should be blamed for the poor English in the game's official page. It's hard to peg this for an official release with a description like that).

14. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Eh, from the impressions posted so far, it looks like I'll be passing on this one... Until it's a buck. :p

15. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Plenty of major releases have failed the "search test" during the first day or so. I find that unremarkable, frankly, though obviously annoying.

16. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    downloaded it!!!

and it's GREAT!!! at last a DC superheroes game in my idevice.... :)

17. TheMerc

Jul 11, 2012
    Oh, ok. It just never happened to me before, so I thought that was odd.

18. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    I think it can be an issue with world-wide releases (as opposed to region-by-region rollouts).

19. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Glad to hear you like it, can you give us a bit more information about the game, combat good ? Lots of missions etc ?

20. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    anyone with a jailbroken device tried buying the app yet?

I was thinking, they might just have barred the cracked versions from being used, while those who legitly buy the game still able to play.

Sigh... wishful thinking.