Just when you thought there were not enough "crapps"

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by snow_mani, Dec 14, 2008.

1. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Just when you thought that no one could come up with a new idea for another type of "crapp" to clog up the App Store, along comes Poo Price.

When I saw this on AppShopper.com I thought great. Just great. As if virtual pets, apps that make farting noises and the multitude of other crappy apps were not enough, now someone thinks it is a good idea to create an app that calculates how much of your per hour wage you are being paid while using the toilet.

I wish there was a flush button so I could flush crapps like Poo Price out of the App Store.

The scary thing is that I'm sure someone out there will actually pay money for this piece of crap.

Here is the link: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=292005612&mt=8

2. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Yeah, I noticed that too. However, being the refined gentleman I am I simply chose to ignore it...
    PS: Now I know what I'm getting for Christmas!

3. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    #3 istopmotion, Dec 14, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2008
    You're getting a "crapp"?

I think I'm taking a "crapp" if I see anymore of these types of apps:p

4. Angel Summoner

Dec 15, 2008
    Does Apple approve all of these "crapps"? Makes you wonder what their policy is sometimes. :confused:

5. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Just don't be referring to iSkate as a "crapp app"!!

6. Thorero

Thorero Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Graphic Designer, 3D Modeller, Web Design
    Portugal
    Now come on Rich, How could iSkate be a Crapp App? It's so wonderful! ;)

Snow Mani, By the time I finished your post, I was giggling slightly, When I read iStopmotions post, I was completely laughing. Thank you both for giving me a good laugh ;)

But really, These Apps are starting to get a bit much. Is there now way Apple could implement a system, that after so many users give it a bad review, they check it out again?

7. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    There have been a ton of these recently because they were all banned from the app store and then apple finally allowed them so they all came at once.

8. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    The real crappy part here is these stupid apps are getting through while sim city is sitting on somones desktop waiting for review... :(

9. Thorero

Thorero Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Graphic Designer, 3D Modeller, Web Design
    Portugal
    Sorta makes you sick doesn't it?

So shall we start a campaing aimed at apple to re-instate the ban of the Crapp Apps?

10. snow_mani

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Apple is in a lose lose situation

Problem is that people will have to buy it before they can give it a bad review. And I refuse to encourage the further development of crapps!

As I see it, Apple is essentially in a lose lose situation. The more controls they have on the types of apps available, the more they are open to critisism. I know that I would welcome Apple rejecting this type of app, but can you imagine the press they would receive if they made their controls on apps even tighter than they are already? I suspect they are more sensitive to this issue in light of potential competition (Andriod platform phones, etc).

Normally I would just ignore it like Everydaynormalguy and others did, but as Rocketman919 points out there have been a large number of this type of app lately and when I saw an app that has a stated purpose of calculating how much money the boss paid you while you took a dump I really had to vent!

11. Eric5h5

Eric5h5 Well-Known Member

Their policy is not to approve apps that violate their guidelines. If they rejected apps on the grounds of being terrible, there'd be 1,000 on the store instead of 10,000. Although the guidelines are sometimes kinda vague, and don't necessarily apply to everybody (hi, Google!).

--Eric

12. BulletDev

BulletDev Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    produce applications under "Bullet Development"
    Vancouver, BC
    Wow, just wow.... This developer obviously knows how to program apps, why doesn't he put it to a better use?

13. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    Exactly. They cant restrict it anymore for fear of nobody purchasing anything, yet have to keep the extremely bad stuff out, which will in turn lead to people complaining. Ahh, i wish it was like the android store. You know they even have a gameboy emulator on there?

14. snow_mani

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Forget Gameboy emulators, a Commodore 64 emulator like I have on my PC. Now that would be nice!

15. hoping the dev gives out some promo craps

16. BATTLE BORN

BATTLE BORN Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    I must admit...

I'm pretty damn close to purchasing a fart app, just to play through some of the desk intercoms here at work. :D

17. hmmm

*considers it for the radios at work*