Just finished Rolando, somewhat Dissapointed

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Monopoly, Dec 20, 2008.

1. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    why pay $10 for 3 hours when u can buy other apps with infinite gameplay? thats my pov

2. Kumulus

Kumulus Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2008
    i bought this game immediately and if you don't rush through it as quickly as possible, it will last a lot longer than 3 hours.

great presentation, great music and highly enjoyable. i really don't get it that you guys are bitching around because it costs 10$.

this is as good as it gets for now. if you don't buy games like this you better forget about large companies starting to release quality stuff.

3. Maythius

Maythius Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2008
    I think a lot of people need to get their heads straight. First off, Rolando was developed by one person, and he spent a great deal of time to make this game. Oh boo hoo, the game is too short; did you ever consider how long it takes to make a game? The $10 isn't just for all the content and polish of te game, it's also to pay the developer for the time he took to produce the game. Think twice before you scream "price drop." We need to embrace and reward these developers who actually try to make something original and not some cut n' paste port (I'm looking at you pangea).

Rolando is a phenomenal game, and I am looking forward to a sequel, with more content and maybe download-able levels, but if we all want that we need to learn to support our developers.

I think I'm done ranting:eek:

4. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    #24 dannys95, Dec 20, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2008
    im not screaming price drop. i will pay up to $15 for it, once it has more levels. really; toy bot people said they finished in like 2 hours; i finished in one. i rather pay for lots of more levels then for 3 hrs of fun. bump it up to 50 or add downloadable levels and like i said; i will pay up to $15 for it

5. Maythius

Nov 3, 2008
    what you are asking for is illogical; it was never mentioned as a feature for the game. And if you going to request of something that big. Request it as something they add for a sequel.

6. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    like the dizzy bee 2 crap? no. i just want some more levels. make it worth $10 and have more replay value

7. TheGhostRider

TheGhostRider Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    I second that motion! :D

We know it was never mention that it had downloadable levels, but the game will be excellent with them. I'm going to wait for a price drop, whenever it comes; or if they add downloadable levels, I'll be the first to buy it after the announcement. Have a couple of new games that will tide me over, so not in a rush to get it.

8. Maythius

Nov 3, 2008
    You obviously still don't get it, so I'm not going to waste anymore time arguing over it.

Did any of you even read what I wrote previously. Support the developers! They have lives and need to make a living some of you people are so thick skulled.

9. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    well, i want to support the devs cause that's what I DO believe in. however; if they make an online level maker us users make levels, they dont have to work on levels, and we have unlimited levels and fun.

10. different

different Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    For all the moaning, Rolando is currently at number 4 in UK charts with a review average of 4.5 stars. Best £6 I've spent yet.

11. TheGhostRider

Dec 11, 2008
    #31 TheGhostRider, Dec 20, 2008
    Of course I support them. I'm down almost $200 since I bought my iPhone a month ago buying apps/games. Also, I gave NGmoco an extra $2 for buying Dropship and Dr Awesome the day before they came down in price.

12. ZZMitch

ZZMitch Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2008
    I have played for more that 2 hours and am still one the second world.

This isnt a game you should just fly through.

Take your time

13. Kumulus

Kumulus Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2008
    oh yeah......now they are certainly washing their hands in ivory sinks with golden taps before they go and jump into a big bowl of beluga caviar.

14. HandheldGames

HandheldGames Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    CEO & Founder, Creative Director, Producer, & Desi
    Lynnwood, Washington
    Lets be honest here. 36 levels and 3 1/2 hours of core game play - not hitting all objectives is good in comparison to many DS titles you can buy in a similar nature for 3X the price.

I would not count on one level pack for this game. The development $$$ have been spent. It's time to recoup and make back some of the pile of $$$ thats been spend. A game like this probably cost somehwere around 500k to make - then again - depending on the revenue sharing - it may have been less. Either way the game is at least a 500K production.

Lets ENJOY! Rolando and what the Dev's are creating for the platform. Compliment the teams for the positives and most importantly...

LOOK FORWARD to the Rolando 2.

Thx!
    HHG

15. Midnight Status

Midnight Status Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    3.5 hours of gameplay is plenty for $9.99. You pay the same for a movie which lasts half the time. There are plenty of $60 games that only offer 8 - 10 hours of gameplay. The question is did you have fun? If the answer is yes then you got your money's worth. You don't feel like you got enough because it was a good thing and you can never get enough of a good thing. Wait for the sequel.

16. TheGhostRider

Dec 11, 2008
    #36 TheGhostRider, Dec 20, 2008
    Um, ok. I'm not mad at giving them the $2 extra, both games are good. I only wrote that as a response to a previous message by Maythius telling us to support the developers, which I am doing.

17. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    @ maythius

It seems you value the devs a bit too much. I dont buy games to support devs, i buy them to have fun with them. I actually dont really give a rats ass about the developer. If he makes more games like this one it should be because he has a good game, not b/c people feel like they need to support him b/c of the time he spent on it.

Do i regret buying Rolando? No, Would i suggest adding downloadale levels? Heck yeah, that will help the dev a lot more than announcing how much time he spent on it.

18. Spindler

Spindler Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2008
    100% objectives in 3.5 hours? i spent hours playing it yesterday and I've only just got 100% on the meadows area.

19. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    dont give into the colourful circles!

20. lazyrawr

lazyrawr Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    That really sucks... I was waiting to hear some feedback once people finished it.

For $10 i think i'll buy a handful of other games with less hype.