Jury reached a verdict in Apple vs. Samsung case

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by shero89, Aug 25, 2012.

1. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Apparently, the ruling might not hold up. There were a bunch of fairly big inconsistencies, and it seems like the jury rushed to a decision, rather than actually try to understand the information they got.

Gizmodo has a fairly interesting article about it:
    http://gizmodo.com/5938219/why-the-apple-v-samsung-ruling-may-not-hold-up

These lawsuits have gotten way out of hand and way confusing.

2. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
  3. klarence

klarence Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    #23 klarence, Aug 29, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
    Apple is not insult Samsung but me.
    I feel I'm the victim as a IOS device user, everyday I'm waiting for many kinds of improvement to my IOS device.
    But instead of making their devices better, Apple is trying to make others worse.
    What kind of patent that is? I'm a IOS user not a fanboy, I don't care your cellphone appearance but I know Apple is not the first one to manufacture this kind of appearnce. But they're the one patent it.
    If everyone do the same thing as Apple did, then there is no future. This is no protect innovation, it's copy others and hinder others, then you can keep your dominant position, but what's good for me?
    yes, the Apple could keep ignoring my needs beacuse their devices is still best-sellers and no one can come close to them.
    I'd rather support developer with my money than support the most rich company in the world. The one and biggest reason I will hooked with IOS one or two years is because IOS itself.
    It's not means I want pay more money for your bited apple brand or art design. Is Apple feel some shame to advocate their iphone appearance while stop making Ipod Touch---which is obviously has a better appearance.
    Yes, all they want is money and Ipod Touch is too cheap to sell even it's not really cheap.
    yes, Apple is the one created Iphone and Ipad and they lead the way, Android is the follower. But remember there are so many things others created first, if they patent it, Apple have no chance to creat IOS devices.
    Let's say if unlock the screen is a patent, then the guy or company who first use virtual button in their games could patent it, who improve it could patent it, Infinity Blade could patent their gameplay pattern...etc, then there is no good to IOS gaming.

4. zeonmx

zeonmx Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    Whoever wins, we as a consumer loses.

If apple gets rid of their chief rivals in the market, exactly what the hell do you think what kind of products we, as consumers will end up with? Over saturated same ol' apple mobile devices all over the place.

5. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I can't remember which site/blog it was, but I read an interesting article claiming Samsung are the secret winners of this case.

They had to pay up just over $1 billion. Big deal, they make that in revenue every 2.4 days, that's pocket change to them. Spending what basically amounts to petty cash in order to launch yourself into the position of second biggest phone manufacturer in the world is an incredibly good deal. Samsung just bought their way into the big league.