Universal Junk Jack Retro (By Pixbits)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by New England Gamer, Nov 7, 2011.

1. dogxsx

dogxsx Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2011
  2. Gamigo78

Gamigo78 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2011
    Awesome news. I never expected the next Junk Jack to have so many features. :)

3. Bloko

Bloko Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    #1763 Bloko, May 9, 2013
    Last edited: May 9, 2013
    I can't freaking wait. :eek:

4. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Looks fantastic!

Be sure to include a check to see if Junk Jack is also on the system and unlock some sort of cosmetic item for us original gamers. ;)

5. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

As I'm a fan of Minecraft and Survivalcraft, can someone explain why this game is so good? It seems to me that the lack of 3D could remove the sense of exploration seen in those games.

6. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

I can't properly explain it. Yes, it is very similar to the *craft games in 2D.

I see it similar to Terraria as well, which my friend picked up and said to me "why shouldn't I just play minecraft?"

Though that was in relation to the 360 version of minecraft.

On iOS, there is no question that this game is awsome and is a welcome addition, especially at the price. It provides awesome things like treasures, statutes and such that give the exploration some real "depth".

Personally, I keep going back to JJ to quell my desire for minecraft. It's much easier to control and it is incredibly fun to play.

Watch some gameplay videos to see if you're feeling it, but for me this is an amazing game well, well, WELL worth the $3

7. Jacob007

Jacob007 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    Junk Jack X left me speechless..that looks beyond amazing. I cannot wait.

8. Hawkeye67

Hawkeye67 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2012
    Been waiting for this. Looks like it is very close to release already. GC multiplayer is great. The abilities and planets should add quite a bit of depth to the usual JJ. Cant wait!

9. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    It's very different from the 3D block builders. The joy of Junk Jack is in collecting the junk -- neat and cool pixel loot and goodies hidden in chests, popping out of blocks, falling out of slain monsters. :D And decorating your 2D structures with them.

10. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    That's funny. I looked at Minecraft once and said, "Why shouldn't I just play Terraria?"

11. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    If you actually find the controls on the touchscreen for Survivalcraft, et al, immersive, then I can see where you wouldn't find this a superior experience.

However, I find myself futzing with interface more than anything with the 3D craft games, this just isn't the platform for it (for me at any rate). Junk Jack removes all the awkwardness of 3D controls on a phone sized device, and gives me an absolutely charming time killer. Been playing on and off since launch and can't wait for JJX.

12. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Ok, I'm back. Considering this game again. Should I get this or wait for X or for Terraria?

13. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Yes.

14. Grettir0

Grettir0 Active Member

Aug 1, 2013
    Get junk jack x it is worth it or just get junk jack!!!!!!!!!

15. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Long awaited update!!! Great stuff!!
    Thank you Pixbits! =oD

Looks like they're getting a fix for the world bug in ASAP, but I don't think it'll matter if you didn't already have the game installed before updating.

16. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Thank goodness they fixed that annoying IAP bug.

17. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    4 FREEEEeEEeeeEeeE