Universal Junk Jack - (by Pixbits)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sawyer4325, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #1641 Gwarmaxx, Nov 5, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
    yeah vbf, but it's not frustration, it's a matter of principles... i'm tired of all this great A moves, like completely lock the system (i'm still on iOS7 'cause i often use to download/sideload on the go music, comics, books, roms, etc), push or force devs to sell their products only to owners of newer devices with the last iOS, pull out a lot of premium apps for which i paid for also from my purchase list, and many other things that i can't talking about now, it's not the proper thread, i only can say that i'm totally sick of all this shit dirty handling.

edit> i've contacted great A support some months ago 'cause my iCloud sync doesn't work anymore in months, and they told me that i need to update to the newer iOS, otherwise they can't check it... is it real??? or they don't want support an old device owner??? anyway, how the f**k do i install an iOS 9 or 10 in an older device?????? and why should i buy a new one if this one works perfect with iOS 7/8????? i mean, it would be as if Ford, FIAT or BMW did not sell spare parts or check/repair a 2012/13 car anymore, it's ridiculous, i understand that in life sometimes we must renew, but if i can't, i don't see why have to feel compelled.

2. cadillackills

cadillackills Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2015
    Is there any MFi support?

3. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    I am really sorry i did not mean to insult you really :( I know how it is i had the same iphone for 5 years. If what i said insulted you by any means i am trully sorry :(

4. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Trust me, I know your frustration. I've been there quite a few times. Sadly, there's no way around it. I just bit the bullet and either bought a current device or just updated my iOS. It's worth it in the end.

5. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #1645 Gwarmaxx, Nov 5, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2016

yeah, sadly guess you're right...

anyway, i've just bought a Galaxy Tab on sale, and think that my next phone will be a Huawei or Samsung (money is mine, the purchased device is mine, and i need a fairly open system to do what i f**ing like), i'm done with the great A!

6. TwelveFoot

TwelveFoot Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2013
    Like controllers? Nope. Honestly I don't see a need. A controller could work, but would probably be clumsy. Just like using the keyboard with the Steam version seems clumsy to me. But I'm prejudiced because I started on iOS years ago and have never been a PC gamer.

7. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Minor bug report: the Golden Logo IAP won't stay enabled

8. Shkrbby

Shkrbby Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2015
    This or Terraria or Minecraft.

9. cadillackills

cadillackills Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2015
    I would say all of them, Terraria is my top. I have the old junk jack and it's great. I prefer mouse and keyboard for Minecraft.

10. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Need 3D?

Minecraft. Local/online gaming, survival & creative modes.

EDIT: Want 'more realistic' survival? Survivalcraft is also good. :p

2D? What's your focus?

Combat/exploration - Terraria. Exploring & defeating the bosses has a nice progression and is fun. Overall the interface was adapted to mobile well, but I find that building things (even on the PC) is very fiddly.

Building - Junk Jack X. Interface was built from the ground up to be great on mobile, and the game has many many things to build & find. Worlds aren't as large, but there are multiple worlds, and you have to work to open gates to them.

I've played all of these extensively, the two I still play are MCPE (mostly with my daughter & online) and Junk Jack (mostly by myself) having 'finished' Terraria some time ago.

11. TwelveFoot

Mar 13, 2013
    Mobile Terraria Normal World: 1,750 x 900 blocks
    Mobile Terraria Large World: 4,200 x 1,200
    Junk Jack X "Huge" World: 1,538-ish x 256

But blocks are bigger in JJx than Terraria. As I recall a Terraria player is 2 blocks wide, by three tall.
    So,
    1538 x 2 = 3,076 compared to Terraria's 4,200
    256 x 3 = 768 compared to Terraria's 1,200
    Yes smaller, but not a bunch.

:p (sorry, I like overanalyzing things) :D

12. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    This is the game that made me update my iOS to 9, o didn't update past 7 as I'd read a lot of negativity about 9 running on a 1st gen mini. I'm saving for a new one but there's always something else that takes priority and I am ways feel bad spend my money on myself when there's things my Daughter would want etc.

Thankfully iOS 9 is fine and hasn't slowed my iPad down at all, I was also hesitant about updating the game due to starting fresh, but to be fair it hasn't taken too long to regain stuff, I'm finding that treasures and pets are way easier to come by now, before I had like half a dozen treasures I'd found myself over the years of playing, I have much more than that just off a few weeks of playing. I've also got about a dozen pets now too, more than double what I had before.

I know playing on harder gives more chance of dropping rares but I've found it only seems to apply to mob drops? If anything I'm getting more treasures and rares playing on peaceful.

Overall, I love the new update and the new planet, I think it's been worth it the update of iOS and also the game. Although I keep forgetting that I need to build up supplies again and accidentally delete stuff from bag thinking I have stacks :(

I've been trying to play online to trade but other than one brilliant fella who gave me titanium hammers and pick, I've not been able to get a match. If anyone here actively plays the game gimme a shout if you wanna play to mine or trade.

13. TwelveFoot

Mar 13, 2013
    Pixbits subtly branded this the "Treasure Hunt" update
    Yeah, I don't think anybody's really sure how that works.

14. cbos0503

cbos0503 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Awww man. It's been a couple versions since I've played this, but when did they change the torch placement so you can't just spam your iPad screen and find caves in the area?

15. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk

I've found that sometimes I can, sometimes I can't, I thought it was maybe a bug as I've had the same experience with block placing.

I've just discovered that the blackboard can be used instead of showcases so I've spent a few hours today replacing my showcases with blackboards.

I've been trying to find a list with all the treasures, manufacturing etc on because I like to display stuff by theme, so all Mario items together etc, and I set up showcases ready, I've not been able to find anything current, so everything is all muddled and it's bugging me a bit :)

If anyone knows if such a list exists I'd love a link.

16. TwelveFoot

Mar 13, 2013
    As of this update there's a minimum light threshold for placing things. So you can't place in the dark.

17. cbos0503

cbos0503 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Dang. Well, I guess that makes sense and more realistic, but mining was so much more enjoyable when you could place torches wherever. I hope they change it back.

18. TwelveFoot

Mar 13, 2013
    I think they changed it because it was too easy to just randomly tap around and find caves. Mostly with larger viewports like an iPad, or a computer with JJ set to 1x game scale.

I'd go for a compromise. "You can't place things far away in the dark, but can still place within 2 blocks of your character."