Universal Junk Jack - (by Pixbits)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sawyer4325, Aug 29, 2013.

1. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    The official forum seems dead so I thought I'd be better off asking here.

I know what planet I need to search and have found one Mykon peice since the update. Have they stopped they portals glowing? I bought the unlock all planets iap when I bought the game so I've been able to check the new planet out, but it seems to be taking forever to find them.

Also I was wondering, are they possible to find in the world that already exisist? Or is it essential to create a new adventure world with each new planet added?

I've not figured out the gardening or music stuff yet, gonna have a go later.

2. TwelveFoot

TwelveFoot Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2013
    You can only find new pieces in a world generated after the new planet was added.

And I haven't actually played in forever, but I think they stopped the glowing portal pieces thing. Made things too easy.

3. jerzeeshadow

jerzeeshadow Active Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Professional Lunatic
    Twilight Zone
    Clueless About Tone Emitters

So, anyone figure out how to get those blocks to play more than just beep? Is there some way to configure the tone emitters? :confused:

4. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    You have to connect a bunch of them together and in a way that they emit different pitch beeps kinda like a piano it's super complicated and I never really got into electricity so I'm kinda just lost there is a pretty decent guide on the jjx forums but I still felt pretty lost after reading through it

5. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Do you have a link by any chance? I dunno if it's my browser or setting but most posts are a few weeks old on the jjx forums, I've found one thread that has about four lists on merging seeds, can't seem to find anything other than about the new update.

6. aikavari

aikavari Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    How do you usually progress through the game? What do you usually prioritize after surviving the first night?

7. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    If I remember right, I worked on armour and tools, then chests to store crap in and then I built bigger and better as I got better materials. I bought the unlock all planets though so didn't have to wait til i found portals to get ores. I have a storage world, a main world with the good stuff etc and a mining world, if I find something rare I'll pause then go dump it stirage, I carry a bed about with me to set spawn points so if I do die I'm close to it. I can give you some stuff? Armour, portals etc if you're interested. Send me a pm if you're interested and I'll bring you some stuff.

Today I finally messed about with the gardening and lost two hours to it!!

8. aikavari

aikavari Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    LOL, that's what I'm saying, there's too much to do in this game, I don't even know where to go after the first night. :p Maybe, I'll start with building a self sustaining base first, then build all the "workstations". I dunno, this game is so overwhelming!

9. dogxsx

dogxsx Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Junk Jack X 2.4.8 Christmas Update is out!

Hello everyone, Apple has just approved Junk Jack X 2.4.8 Christmas update!

[​IMG]

This version adds a new planet called Umbra with new mobs, treasures to discover and many mobs with unique drops, a new physics engine, a new fancy equip system, completely revamped player graphics and equip pieces, a new user interface and many fixes throughout the whole game. Zombies will also throw snowballs to you in the new Christmas themed Terra!

We hope you’ll enjoy this patch. We didn’t have time to add more features but we’re working hard on the cross-platform engine for the release of the game on desktop platforms and, since we want to keep the iOS version as much coherent as possible with the other upcoming version, we had to focus a lot on things “behind the scenes”!

Check out the full changelog on our blog:

https://pixbits.wordpress.com/2015/12/18/junk-jack-x-2-4-8-christmas-update-is-here/

Merry Christmas by Pixbits!

10. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Not tried the new planet yet but the changes to the physics and graphics are good. It'll take some getting used to the new energy/oxygen system, feels really weird. It seeing the hearts. My character moves a lot faster. And I love being able to dress up in costumes now while keeping the armour effect.

11. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Junk Jack X is the gift that keeps on giving!

Great update, I can't wait to tear into it this weekend...

12. Homestuck_Trash

Oct 19, 2015
    Are they going to update this anytime soon? If not then is there going to be a third installment?

13. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    They are currently retooling a lot of the game for the upcoming Steam release. Not sure what the ETA is, but when the next update drops it will be a major overhaul.

14. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    New 3.0 update is available, lots of new content. But you do have to start your game at the beginning again.

15. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Thanks for the warning!

Copying my worlds / IPA file...

16. Power Gamer

Power Gamer Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    "Requires iOS 8.0 or later."
    :(

17. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Lol so? What ios do you have?

18. Ringerill

Ringerill Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Same here, I have iOS 7. Not all of us get the last iPhone when it comes up you know, these things aren't exactly cheap and it's not really a priority.
    But I wonder what exact changes did they make for iOS 8 to be needed. If it really has something to do with this new engine and requires a functionality of a newer version, I can't argue. But if it's like Leap day that changed to iOS 8 just because of some useless stickers, it would make me sad :(

19. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #1639 Gwarmaxx, Nov 5, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2016

totally agree with you... and be ready to suffer soon, 'cause the f***ing Great Fruit will force devs to update all their apps supporting only newer iOSs (guess why), otherwise will be pulled... nice policy.
    anyway, i've just bought a Galaxy Tab, i'm sick of Great Fruit dirty policies!

20. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Funny, my 4S didn't resist and I had to renew it more or less at the same time as you. After a lot of thinking I went for an SE instead of Android because the 4S has resisted 4 years, because I didn't want to buy everything again in the Google store and because some games I use are exclusive to iOS.

Back on topic, I have downloaded JJX but still have to try it. There's been many games that after the update became iOS 8+ only: JJX, Minecraft, 5 minutes before... It's a pity and I understand your frustration though.