Universal Junk Jack - (by Pixbits)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sawyer4325, Aug 29, 2013.

1. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Wow.

Thank you Pixbits! :D

2. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    I purchased the Technicians Mask and every time I try to redeem it, it tells me my inventory is full and my inventory is not full.

3. TwelveFoot

TwelveFoot Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2013
    Bug already reported, a fix is on the way. I've heard that if you make room in your hotslots (right side) you can redeem iAPs.

4. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Unfortunately clearing all my hotslots did not work for redeeming but it is good to know that they are working on it, Thanks. :)

5. Desertking24

Desertking24 Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    I have the issue kinda game breaking for a newcomer. Everytime I get a new recipe and read it my game crashes.

6. Desertking24

Desertking24 Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Also it playing this is there a reason for me to get the original?

7. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    #1587 drelbs, May 24, 2015
    Last edited: May 24, 2015
    Not really.

But the hat from the original is worthwhile. ;)

I haven't been having crashes with recipes. Try creating a new world and see if that makes a difference. Try closing other apps. Try using recipes by push-hold in your inventory or in a use slot with your inventory closed - whichever you weren't doing before.

8. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    I've been craving a survival/craft game for a while now. Should I jump back into this or should I buy terraria? Is terraria just as good? Better? Or is it not as good? And are you still able to exit the game and load back in to avoid being killed by a mob? I always abused that little trick, but I hated it. Took away the challenge.

9. mastery51

mastery51 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    New patch has been submitted to fix this.

However, there is a temporary fix. The crash seemed to be triggered when reading new craft notes in the hot slots on the right? Instead open the new craft notes in the inventory backpack only. Try that to see if it works for you.

10. TwelveFoot

Mar 13, 2013
    Terraria is different. Terraria focuses much more on combat, with bosses and such. JJx focuses more on exploration and building.

Yes, you can still exit to clear mobs, if you don't like that it takes away the challenge don't do it.

11. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    Ahh I see, thanks! Hmm tough choice. What's your opinion?

Easier said than done hahah

12. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2009
    Im trying to play this on a 6 plus, but can't start a new game. I try to tap on the icon but nothing happens. If I tap on a random part of the screen it will sometimes take me to the options menu. It's almost like the tap detection boxes are way off. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

13. mastery51

mastery51 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    The problem is related to the iphone 6 plus zoom mode. If you disable that it will provide you with a temporary fix until the next patch comes out.

14. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Between the two, JJX has held onto me longer. Kids/work/etc. take up a lot of what used to be gaming time, and JJX works better in short bursts.

Building is very fiddly in Terraria IMHO. Aside from building houses for the NPCs, I don't think I did any building at all in that game. It's also a bit hard to see on the iPhone. On the other hand, they really nailed the UI for touchscreen, I liked it a lot better than I was expecting. Now I prefer it to the PC version. It's got a defined world with set biomes and bosses, and the combat can be very exciting. When you beat everything the game kinda feels over though.

I find the exploration in Junk Jack to be a lot more fun, and I also like crafting by placing items in the grid, smelting ore, etc. It's a much more relaxed game, and world-jumping works well - I've got a world named "tool shed" where I do all my storage/crafting/etc. It's controls are very well done for touch screen, but combat is pretty minimal. Often I turn on peaceful mode so I can just dig & build. Another good alternative is the 'longer days' which reduces enemy spawning a bit. While it starts out more generic/random, there is so much more to discover and do, but mostly if you're interested in crafting/building.

15. TwelveFoot

Mar 13, 2013
    #1595 TwelveFoot, May 27, 2015
    Last edited: May 27, 2015
    Yeah, I agree with Drelbs. Even if JJx was never updated again I'd still play it every once in a while. Terraria on the other hand, I binged for two weeks until I beat all the bosses and now haven't touched in months. I will admit whacking mobs with a sword can grow tiresome in JJx, and it's still kinda fun to go crazy with a flamethrower in Terraria, but that's not that big an attraction for me.

They did a good job with the overall controls for iOS Terraria, but building is kinda terrible. The blocks are so tiny on a touchscreen. And they added a delay to placing, to prevent you from placing if you accidentally touch the screen, but that only annoyed me.

16. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    Hmm I think I'll side with jjx now then. I would like to request some more combat features to the devs though ;)

17. dogxsx

dogxsx Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Hello everyone, Apple has finally approved Junk Jack 2.4.1 which fixes all the major reported bugs including:

- Multiplayer crash when connecting
    - Craftnotes crash when opening them from quickslots
    - Unredeemable Technician’s hat IAP
    - Many more minor bug fixes and tweaks

Sorry for the trouble caused by the previous patch, unfortunately despite the beta testing these bugs managed to appear in the final version of the game.

18. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    The bug fix update has caused me more problems, I can't use portals anymore, the game crashes whenever I try so I'm stuck playing on one planet unless I create multiple worlds. Luckily I hadn't been playing long, I'd have been gutted if I lost a load of stuff

19. Power Gamer

Power Gamer Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    The game doesn't save at all when you pause it. I paused it several times when the message appeared, then my battery died, and today's progress was erased. Don't know how saving is forced, but you better don't let the battery die while playing.

20. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Yes I've had that issue, was when fishing was introduced I think, thought it had been fixed but I lost enough work to not let my battery drain again.

Has anyone had a proper mess around with the electronics yet? I'm crap with it.