Universal Junk Jack - (by Pixbits)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sawyer4325, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Durduhdur

Durduhdur Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    This game has been a staple on my devices. I've bought all the IAP, and give a 5⭐️ every update. I only wish ALL devs had this much love and passion for their games. Can't wait to dive in and get me that new weapon.

2. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    I just wish it had icloud support :(

3. Annii

Annii Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2013
    I recently got this game. Do I need to start a new world to access the thanksgiving content?

4. Duckster

Duckster Active Member

May 30, 2012
    Yes, after each update you need to generate a new Terra world. I would also generate a few New Terra worlds before updating to anything new so you have those older worlds to to explore and grab any seasonal items like Halloween stuff, before you take a Thanksgiving update etc.., as all previous seasonal chests get removed after each update and those items while still in the game become harder to find.

5. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Wow, I love the new planet...
    Ty so much for all the new stuff Pixbits.

6. dogxsx

dogxsx Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Junk Jack X 2.3 Christmas Update is out!

Hi everyone, Apple has just approved the Junk Jack X 2.3 Christmas update, check it out!

[​IMG]

This version adds the Christmas mood to the game with many new craftable items, and a themed Terra world. But that’s not all, a whole new planet named Lilith has been added with more than 25 new mobs, items, weapons,equips, placeable objects and blocks, a new ore which will be used in the future for something really unique, many new rares and crafts.

And, as usual a bunch of bug fixes will make the experience better!

Merry Christmas and happy new year by the Pixbits Duo!

Check out the full changelog on our blog (as always!)

https://pixbits.wordpress.com/2014/12/20/junk-jack-x-2-3-christmas-update-is-here/

7. TheNoobOfTheCentury

TheNoobOfTheCentury Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2014
    Did anyone find a new lilith pocket pet? I want to see one!

8. dogxsx

dogxsx Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2011
  9. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Yay! \:D/

10. anabolicMike

anabolicMike Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    The devs for this game are UTTERLY AWESOME. So much content and so much obvious work out in! This game is ten times the game it was when it came out (I bought it the first day it was out obviously lol). It's phenomenal! So much content! I gonna boot it up now. , gonna go buy me another hat or two because frankly.....you deserve it! Maybe you should take my GF..... Hmmmmm yeah take my GF! Where do I send? Thanks to you gods amoungst devs.

11. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    That's my day sorted then.
    Thank you Pixbits.

12. Papa Deuce

Papa Deuce Well-Known Member

May 15, 2013
    I have to ask.... Is this like Minecraft? I really don't know, and I don't want to read 1600 posts.

13. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    In short, nope.

They are similar as in you build, but that's about it in my opinion.

14. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    #1574 somedumbgamer, Feb 17, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
    Yes. This is like Minecraft where you build and craft and dig, but the perspective is in a 2D side view rather than 3D first person view

15. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I'd recommend watching some gameplay videos on YouTube of people who regularly play it. That will give you a good idea how much like or unlike Minecraft it may feel like to you.

16. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    The main thing that keeps me playing this more than Minecraft on my iPhone is the controls - this game was built from the ground up for a touch screen, and is a joy to play.

If you like exploring and building - especially if you like building details, JJX is a great choice. Probably it's weakest points (compared to Minecraft) would be that combat is pretty simple, and worlds are not 'infinite' (they wrap around.) However, there are multiple (and very different) worlds to explore & exploit, and one more difference is that your inventory is maintained between worlds - you can bounce around between several, carrying things as you go.

17. Papa Deuce

Papa Deuce Well-Known Member

May 15, 2013
    Thanks all.... I kind of want to support the developer for his efforts. But I don't need a minecraft clone.

18. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Its a million miles from being a clone.

I've never clicked with minecraft and other building games, I even deleted this a few weeks after buying as I didn't "get" it but then when fishing was introduced I decided to give it another try, I've spent way too many hours than I dare admit in this game now lol.

19. dogxsx

dogxsx Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Junk Jack 2.4 is here!

Junk Jack 2.4 is here!

[​IMG]

This major patch adds a whole new component to the game: ELECTRONICS! Build complex widgets and contraptions which can interact with the world. In addition to this, the lighting engine has been rewritten and enhanced to support coloured lights, which makes the game much more dynamic and fresh looking, with accordingly updated planets which are have even been revamped. The most notable changes can be seen in Terra.

Last but not least we’ve also added a whole new planet reachable from Seth, named Thetis! Explore this new aquatic world with new monsters, equip pieces, armor, fishes, weapons and new biomes with unique blocks and objects.
    Check out the full changelog on our blog!

Full changelog on our blog as usual!
    https://pixbits.wordpress.com/2015/05/19/junk-jack-x-2-4-is-here/

20. anabolicMike

anabolicMike Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    I can't belive the massive updates you crazy pricks give us for free! You keep making this game huge and more huge! Soon you'll have civilians and everything! Not complaining in the least of course.... I am staggered by the brilliance of you guys. I am Google buy the new IAPS without even knowing what they are be chase you guys earned it and are utterly amazing! My hats off to you brilliant sexy programmers! May the light shine upon your crotch and the Angel of your choosing decend upon it so that thee might have a Job of the special windy, breezy, blowing type come need upon thou!