Universal Junk Jack - (by Pixbits)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sawyer4325, Aug 29, 2013.

1. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    Where do you have the option? I have looked for it and can't find it.

2. TwelveFoot

TwelveFoot Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2013
    New World -> Terra -> Customise -> Choose Season

3. Hikaritokage

Hikaritokage Active Member

Dec 25, 2012
    Does anyone wanna start from scratch with me? I haven't played in a while

4. garbul

garbul Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2014
    What about Halloween though? Shouldn't that be a part of Autumn? What happens when the game is updated again -- where can we find the Eerie Tree Saplings and Dark Iron Gates? The new Halloween biome?

5. TwelveFoot

Mar 13, 2013
    For this update any unspecified world will include the Halloween biome, where you get those items.
    I assume that in the next update you'll be able to customize a world as either autumn or Halloween (along with the others). I think that answered your questions?

6. garbul

garbul Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2014
    Yes thanks mate! :)

7. jameslavis

jameslavis Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Do all crafted items like axes have life meters?? If so this is a pain in the ass

8. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Lol. That's what I'm doing. It's been awhile since I played and there's been so many updates since, that I'm completely starting over from the very beginning.

9. TwelveFoot

Mar 13, 2013
    Yes, all tools have limited durability. Higher grade tools last longer, ranging from wood with 16 uses to some metals with over a thousand.

10. garbul

garbul Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2014
    TwelveFoot, have you heard anything from Jack/PixBits about iPhone 6 optimization? (or maybe another quickslot for the iPhone 6 Plus?)

11. TwelveFoot

Mar 13, 2013
    I haven't heard anything about it. But it's not like people tell me things...

12. garbul

garbul Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2014
    Whenever I visit the JJX forums I see you so I figured you're the one to ask these things. :D

13. TwelveFoot

Mar 13, 2013
    Yeah, figures. Still the most notice I get that they're working on something is, "Hello everyone! Here's a beta, try to check that everything works so we can send it to Apple next week."

14. Hawkeye67

Hawkeye67 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2012
    I have resumed playing JJX after almost a year now. I just generated a new Summer themed map. Terra looks very different now. In fact, I wish I could somehow "upgrade" my main adventure world to include all the new items/biomes that have been introduced into the game in the past year.

One question: If I find portal pieces and go to Seth today on my year-old Adventure map, will this planet be freshly rendered and include all the new updates?

15. TwelveFoot

Mar 13, 2013
    As long as its your first time in Seth within that adventure map, then yes it will be freshly generated. Sadly that doesn't really gain you anything since Seth hasn't changed any.

16. Hawkeye67

Hawkeye67 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2012
    Thanks for the reply TwelveFoot. I will probably make a new standalone Terra for every type of season.
    As suggested on this thread before, I have one world as my Home world, containing my house and chests. I mine the others and teleport to Home world to bank. This has greatly sped up mining. However, I find that my plants (which are on my Home world) never seem to grow anymore. I think it's because the passage of time is not persistent accross worlds. I spend all my time on mining worlds.
    Any suggestions for working around this problem?

17. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Not so much a matter of not being persistent as timed things ONLY progress while you're in that world, the game does not modify files in the background or use real time passing for anything to the best of my knowledge. So, if you're looking to garden, you need to have some sort of project on your homeworld beyond just hopping in and dropping off the goodies.

18. dogxsx

dogxsx Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2011
  19. garbul

garbul Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2014
  20. dogxsx

dogxsx Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Junk Jack X Thanksgiving Update is out :)

Hello everyone, Apple has just approved the Junk Jack X Thanksgiving Update.

[​IMG]

This version adds the Thanksgiving spirit to the game with new seasonal features, mobs and treasures, plus everything from the past year.

We also added the usual bunch of bugfixes.

Check out the full changelog on our blog:
    https://pixbits.wordpress.com/2014/11/25/junk-jack-x-2-2-6-thanksgiving-update-is-out/

Happy Thanksgiving by the Pixbits Duo!