Universal Junk Jack - (by Pixbits)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sawyer4325, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    ^ sadly no.
    It's ~56 MB so 6 MB more than allowed to be downloaded with 3G.

2. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Description:
    Welcome to Junk Jack X! It is a 2D sandbox where you can explore, build and survive in randomly generated procedural worlds, full of monsters, hidden treasures and beautiful landscapes, now even in multiplayer with friends!

We are glad to deliver you the best Junk Jack experience ever imagined! A sequel which brings the game to a whole new level with multiplayer, multiple planets, creative mode, liquids, plenty of equipment to customize your character and much more! Plus all the features you loved from Junk Jack (and, we hope, less features you hated!)

This is not a freemium game, buy it once and enjoy the full game experience!

** We're aware of a small graphical glitch with skies and main menu on wide devices but it is already fixed and update already sent to Apple. Many apologies for that! **

Features:
    - local multiplayer up to 4 players and online multiplayer up to 2 players
    - a creative mode to unleash your creativity and build everything you can imagine
    - a fully featured equip system with more than 390 different wearable items to enhance your adventures or just to make your friends envy!
    - polished pixel graphics, full retina support
    - tenths of wonderful music tracks by Bright Primate
    - intuitive controls: swipe to move and tap to interact with everything
    - an adventure mode that will let you travel between multiple planets with different and intriguing environments
    - liquids to enhance or impede your explorations: avoid dangerous lava or go for a swim in a surface lake!
    - infinite procedurally generated worlds to make every adventure always different
    - a dynamic day/night cycle that blends with wonderful skies in parallax
    - a vibrant lighting engine that will make you enjoy every minute spent in Junk Jack X worlds
    - character customization, you can play also as a female!
    - a rewarding exploration thanks to treasure chests full of cool things
    - more than 750 crafts to be built
    - more than 1600 treasures
    - more than 350 placeable items
    - more than 150 different creatures and monsters
    - explosives, shelves, signs, dyes and all the features you liked in Junk Jack
    - a complete farming system with more than 50 plants, even many alien and exotic plants
    - an in game guide that will teach you how to play
    - two ways of crafting to accommodate even needs of casual users

This is just the beginning, we already have many ideas for the next updates!
    For every issue just contact us on our forum at forum.pixbits.com

3. Nycteris

Nycteris Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    All I know is that every time I try to play Terraria I start on a chunk of terrain next to water or a cliff, so I usually feel limited in the directions i can go (i may be wrong) and start chopping down trees and then a mob kills me. I am sure it's a fun game, but I just don't like not knowing what is going on. In Minecraft and JJ I know I have a day to make a basic shelter before mobs attack, but I don't have the rhythm of Terraria down, I suppose.

4. Underwater

Underwater Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Atlantis
    Still can't decide if I'm going to spend my last money on this game. If someone can answer these questions, that will be highly appreciated! :)

- Is the world infinite? The first Junk Jack wasn't infinite, and you could reach the end of the world pretty quickly. Is it bigger now? Because I love to explore stuff on the surface (like NPC's, but I doubt there are NPC's in JJX?).
    - Are the controls the same?
    Thanks a lot!

5. dannythefool

dannythefool Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Germany
    The iOS version of Terraria has a tutorial that tells you how to build a basic shelter and make it safe. You also start out with a sword so mobs are not a very big problem... but due to the bigger blocks in JJX it's certainly much easier to get something basic built.

6. Deixa

Deixa Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Do I need to buy the first one to understand this game or doesn't it matter?

7. Dreathor

Dreathor Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2013
    I've temporarilly suspended my Touch Arcade Boycott to post here! woo! :)

Does any one want to come and join to play in my world with me?

Other than please don't grief you can do what you want, we can share resources!

8. TanTan

TanTan Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2011

I would say that they are popular with the younger people because, well, minecraft is like a really badass set of Legos.

You mix that in with the creativeness and exploration of this type of game and time flys by.

It does take a little getting use to. Learning the ins and outs and what not. It's equivalent to learning all the weapons, maps, and camping spots in something like call of duty. Only easier because there's no rush here.

9. KookiWooki

KookiWooki Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    You can be as blunt as you like. All I know is out of the games on this kind Junk Jack X is the only one that thinks it's less fortunate customers don't matter. Not everybody can afford to throw £200+ at apple every time they churn out a new product and iOS.4 is one downgrade away from the iOS.5 and still isn't that old itself, I can understand it with iOS.3 and lower but not iOS.4. The reason I chose to give my money to Terraria instead is because unlike the makers of Junk Jack X they still seem to think that the percentage of people still left on other slightly older devices are worth developing for too.

10. dannythefool

dannythefool Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Germany
    Not sure where you're trying to go with this. Do you have evidence that they based their decision on that? Why are you not willing to accept that there might be technical reasons? Apart from OS capabilities, support for 4.x also means supporting devices that have half the RAM of the smallest 5.1 capable device. Did you expect a huge upgrade that adds tons of stuff but for some reason also that it wouldn't have higher requirements?

How does that work, since Terraria also requires iOS 5.1?

11. TanTan

TanTan Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Christmas is coming. :)

12. scarypharaoh

scarypharaoh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Medical Professional
    With Carmen Sandiego
    Will achievements be added to this?

13. Eidaven

Eidaven Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    So no iCloud support between devices? I don't get why a lot of developers don't do iCloud support. Is it hard to implement? Or does it not work? iCloud's been out for quite a while now. To me it seems like iCloud support would just be standard on a universal game.

I'm really torn on whether to play this on my ipad on my iphone. The obvious choice would be the ipad but I don't carry my ipad around with me. It stays at home with my wife and daughter. So... I could play this on my iphone for when I'm out and I have spare time, but at night I would like to play it on my ipad... If iCloud was supported I wouldn't have this dilemma. What to do...

14. Jacques Cousteau

Jacques Cousteau Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Awesome game, really enjoying it. Never really got into the original junk jack, but when I saw this has multiplayer I couldn't pass it up.

So I booted it up, and after a few minutes I knew I was in for a real treat the second I crafted my first wooden armor set lol.

15. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    This, or Terraria :confused:

16. dogxsx

dogxsx Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2011
    While there is no iCloud support yet, remember that you can transfer your worlds and player via iTunes :)

17. qlpc

qlpc Member

Jan 27, 2013
    This might be a dumb question, but
    How do you travel to other planets?

18. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Awww that sucks! The first one had achievements... :(

Oh well, Terraria it is for me now! :)

19. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

WOW. Scarypharaoh just posted. Is a year already over?

20. [M&B]Games

[M&B]Games Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2012
    How to play this game?