Universal Junk Jack - (by Pixbits)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sawyer4325, Aug 29, 2013.

1. biokid

biokid Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wop Wops
    #61 biokid, Aug 29, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
    Sorry but I have bought XCOM and many premium games at the full price and I don't believe that game should be $0.99, that is so absurd. I just wanted the game pricing to maintain consistency and I have got nothing against high price tag. I just dislike IAP. Anyway I already bought both Terraria and Junk Jack X. Both of them are superb, but I don't know which one is the winner yet.

2. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    No offense meant, and I will readily admit that I may be confusing you with another poster as I remember quite recently from such a debate on one of the forums. Perhaps you were there. If you weren't the person then I apologize, but I remembered your name from that discussion. If I was wrong, my bad and apologies!

3. biokid

biokid Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wop Wops
    Yeah, I was debating about the pricing of IAP of Warhammer Quest and Tickets to Ride. I bought both games, but at that time I didn't think the IAP content of both games justify the price (the heroes and expansion pack) due to my personal dislike of IAP. Now, I understand that expansion as an IAP is definitely worth it (except the heroes - still disagree why you need to pay for heroes).

4. FRnchFRy

FRnchFRy Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2013
    XsX if you're here just out of interest what do you think sets this game apart from terraria? I'm debating which one to get.

5. Rumand

Rumand Member

Feb 12, 2012
    Anyone else find it annoying that you can only interact with chests from one square away?

I stacked some chests 3 high and can't reach the top one. In the first game you could reach them from across the room which made grabbing items for crafting much easier.

6. TanTan

TanTan Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Just bought it. For a few reasons.

(1) I don't believe the original Junk Jack has ever changed in price.
    (2) I got plenty of entertainment out of the original that $5 is nothing to have this on my phone in case of emergencys in which I end up not being busy.
    (3) I love minecraft, but the moble version is a pain and I hardly ever use my MacBook.

7. arrow123

arrow123 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2013
    I just bought both Terraria and Junk Jack X and-thank God- they both run perfectly on iPod Touch 4G

8. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Not buying it. If 505 are indie so aren't Gameloft (and to be fair, arguably, Gameloft is more indie than 505).

9. TanTan

TanTan Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2011
    This game is incredibly deep. Way more so than the first one.

10. MarqueeK

MarqueeK Member

Oct 25, 2012
    In multiplayer, do you invite other people to the world you have created in single player mode? Or do you start off with a new map?

11. Bool Zero

Dec 14, 2010
    But 505 Games did not make the game, they are merely publishing it. Relogic is the developer and they are most defitinitely an indie developer. I think you are confusing developer with publisher in this instance...

12. Bool Zero

Dec 14, 2010
    I am finding that too!i keep popping back in the forums between spurts of play to see if anyone else is noticing the many little changes and improvements!

13. themostunclean

themostunclean Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Um.... Terraria only runs on 5.1 and above as well. Probably should read the App Store description before commenting.

Why haven't you updated? Your comment makes it sound like you think a device is tied to the iOS it came with. There's no such thing as iOS 5 only devices unless your talking about some pretty old hardware that isn't eligible for updates. Current iOS supports 4 generations of iPhone.

JJ devs have bent over backwards supporting older devices. This one is comparable with 3GS and above.

14. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Maybe, just maybe, going through 505 was the only way Re-Logic could make it work for them.

It's still their game, as limbo was. But it's not necessarily easy for them to port it over. To make that kind of judgement because the indie team decided it would like to go with developers who'd experienced the platform previously is really stupid, especially for you.

It's like crapping on Topia because it was published by Crescent Moon, or any number of games that needed some extra traction or assistance from people who knew more than they did.

Look at it this way, Re-Logic CHOSE 505 games to get their game out there. They weren't forced into servitude from selling their soul to create the game. They needed a good publisher and that's what they've got. If adding that in somehow takes a game from Indie status, then... Then nothing, it's just stupid.

Anyway, this isn't the Terraria thread, it's the junk jack x thread that has gotten derailed by a ridiculous argument that should be in another thread.

Can't we all just get along?

15. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

Whichever world you host a game from will be the world that's played in.

16. themostunclean

themostunclean Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Got both within minutes of their release and had a good hour or two to play around.

I'm a Terraria virgin so maybe it'll grow on me but right now I gotta say that JJX the clear winner in my book. I did spend months with the original so my opinion may be biased.

17. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    What are the IAPs?

18. ChocoVanilla

ChocoVanilla Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Traveller
    SweetsTown, DessertVille, CandyLand
    Mostly hats, like in the original. They each give some type of bonus to gameplay.

19. dannythefool

dannythefool Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Germany
    Support for iOS 4 = no support for iPhone 5 resolution, there may be other reasons but it could be as simple as that.

20. sharfaust

sharfaust Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2013
    I had wanted to get the original Junk Jack but newer games kept getting my attention. Now that JJX is out, I am planning on getting it, but I had a question before I do: if I buy X and not the original, would I be missing out on the original's content, or is it included in X?