iPad Jumpy Thief (by ChabaCorp)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by rjm226, Dec 14, 2014.

1. rjm226

rjm226 Active Member

Dec 3, 2014
    #1 rjm226, Dec 14, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
    BETA TESTING TEAM:

I am currently looking for a total of 50 beta testers to get some serious feedback for the game. If you PM me your email I will send you an invite via Crashlytics.

Current Team: (7/50)

The name is tentative... What do you think of the name?!

OVERVIEW:

Jumpy Thief is a Super Crate Box, Woah Dave!, Super Coin Box like game. The player must collect as many gold bars as they can without getting caught by the guards or booby traps. The more gold bars you get the higher your score! Also collect rupees in order to purchase different power-ups.

My intention is to release this as a free game on the app store for iPhones.

CONTROLS:

Tilt to move left and right. Tap to jump.

OTHER NOTES:

1. [1] Beta Testers are needed! PM me your email if you are interested. I need a lot of feedback to make this game great!
      [2] Power Ups are my current initiative, they will be added in the next build.
      [3] All the music and sound effects will be swapped before release. They are just placeholders to get me through beta.
      [4] ChabaCorp is a one man band, I've done all coding and art so far. It's a lot of work so bear with me.
      [5] Check out the gameplay trailer above!

[​IMG]

2. rjm226

rjm226 Active Member

Dec 3, 2014
    Hey, I'm just wondering what it turning people off from this game? The thread has 180 views with not 1 reply! I've worked incredible hard on this and I find it to be great and incredibly addicting. The only game I've made where all of my friends got addicted and continued playing. Just want some feedback so I know what to avoid for my next game. Thanks in advance.

3. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Well I would say the graphics aren't exactly attractive, and the gameplay is pretty unconventional to make any comments on. Good luck with your game nevertheless!

4. rjm226

rjm226 Active Member

Dec 3, 2014
    The gameplay is unconventional as in collecting the gold bars or using tilt to move left and right?

5. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    I meant the genre, as it seems to be a sort of endless high score chasing game and platformer hybrid. Usually you expect something like this to be a mode of a bigger game.