Universal Jump'N'Shoot Attack (by FreakZone)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
  2. DistantJ

DistantJ Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    #62 DistantJ, Mar 28, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
    Hey guys! Yeah, the game timer starts when you select "New Game" and doesn't stop timing until you hit "New Game" again. This is to prevent people from cheesing it! There'd be the possibility to, for example, play 1-1, then quit out and load 4-4, stuff like that.

Game Center these days keeps your scores and records for you until it's able to upload them - Usually if you've unlocked an achievement or a score has been submitted, and it's offline for whatever reason, GC stores that information until it's able to communicate with the server again, at which point it submits it :) However, the suggestions to have a local high score have been taken on board for the future (and perhaps updates)!

For the people who really want d-pad controls, sorry, this game is fundamentally designed to work with auto-running. If it wasn't for the auto-run, the jumping challenges would be very easy and such, and the levels would be designed very differently. My new little 'rule' I have for myself is, design for touch screens on mobile games, if I design a game for buttons, it's probably going to go on PC and/or console. :)

As for the TouchArcade review, I'm pretty disappointed but I still appreciate the coverage, and every reviewer has the right to their opinion (I, personally, believe that if reviewers just told us what we wanted to hear, or what the popular opinion was, they'd be doing us a disservice!). Despite the fact that I feel 'mashing jump and hoping for the best' is the complete opposite of what this game is about, I'm very thankful for Andrew's review and think it was well written, and it's given me pretty good feedback for future projects too.

One final thing, the first update is being submitted to Apple on Monday, which includes proper MFI controller support (buttons A and X to jump and shoot, respectively). It's to be noted that the game is actually a lot harder with buttons, particularly the jetpack stages, but for those who love to use their controllers, the option is there.

3. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #63 Intendro, Mar 28, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
    Okay, it makes enough sense to just program it that way... Not like I need a record of having all the gems if that doesn't really do anything except have an achievement for it.

Now what about the way the score works? It's useless if I can "continue" from stage 1 with my score and just keep earning more.
    (And like I said, if this is supposed to work this way you can't do a speedrun without resetting your score. Shouldn't have to be basically stuck with only one of the available leaderboards.)

I've heard this... But I've still encountered newer games with achievements never syncing unless I earned them again while online (while hoping it syncs this time)... Game Center hates me. :confused:

Right: "Usually." :p

Please do it. :)
    And speedrun time too, of course.
    ...and, well, speaking of which: it's already been said a few times, but the score doesn't really prove anything when it's infinite like this.

4. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    This has tons of potential. Here are my critiques.
    For a game like this I don't think you should have lives. Or, at least if you die you can start on any of the levels that you have beaten or have gotten 3 diamonds. This is probably the most frustrating part of the game, always restarting back to beginning.

Also, I don't think this game is how it was described in the review. First your not constantly moving because you can stay behind a step to stop moving. This is important to the game because sometimes you need to stop to time the obstacle in front of you. I really like this because it sort of becomes like a puzzle on how do I get past this part. However, I wish this stop on a step thing would be consistanly used throughout the game on any timed event, where timing is key. I wish you could tweak some of the levels to use this more.

Other than that I like this game.

5. DistantJ

DistantJ Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Thanks for the feedback, guys!

Coolpepper, you go back to the first stage in the "world" you reached on Game Over, so once you reach World 2-1 (Stage 5) you will return there after Game Over.

6. Oats

Oats Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Accounting Monkey
    Sunny California
    Currently holding 1st place for best time #

Attached Files:

7. No! I have to step my game up! Nice work! Andy we have some competition.

8. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    [​IMG]

[thread=243623][​IMG][/thread] [thread=258085][​IMG][/thread] [thread=257837][​IMG][/thread] [thread=257883][​IMG][/thread] [thread=257978][​IMG][/thread]
    [thread=257992][​IMG] [/thread][thread=257933][​IMG][/thread] [thread=257884][​IMG][/thread]

Jump'N'Shoot Attack

[​IMG]

Is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

26th March 2015

VOTE HERE

Developers, publishers and/or affiliates cannot vote for their own games!!

9. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    This game has been recently updated (upgraded).

*Jump’N’Shoot Attack finally makes its way to iOS11

"Jump’N’Shoot Attack’s rights have returned to FreakZone Games and so we’ve finally been able to update the game to support iOS11. To make her hiatus up to you all, Louise Lightfoot has returned with full iPhone X screen support, and a total graphical overhaul including Louise’s adorable new look! Go get it now! Android will follow soon."

[​IMG]

What's New Version 1.1

- iOS11 support: Sorry this took so long! Jump'N'Shoot Attack found itself wrapped up in legal limbo for afew months while we worked on getting the rights back when the old publisher closed down. It has now been updated to 64-bit support, so it will work on iOS11.

- Total graphical overhaul! To make it up to you all, the game has been given a complete graphical overhaul to look like the upcoming Super Jump'N'Shoot Attack, featuring Louise's new design and a more stylised NES look!

- iPhone X full screen support. If you are using the stunning new iPhone X, Jump'N'Shoot Attack will use up your whole screen, allowing you to see much further ahead for better reaction times.

Super JumpNShoot Attack - Main Theme

10. sarfa

sarfa Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2014
    Thank you Nyan. Always appreciate your postings.!

11. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    I’m sure there was already a thread for this game no?

12. new_ipodtouch5G_owner

new_ipodtouch5G_owner Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2015
    Canada
    I'm sorry that I am very late to the picnic on this one... but I just picked it up because it looks like a fun platformer. I'm pretty early into the game, currently on world 2-3, but so far, I am really enjoying it.
    [​IMG]

Deckard74 and sebgo like this.
  13. new_ipodtouch5G_owner

new_ipodtouch5G_owner Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2015
    Canada
    Update September 16
    Still enjoying this game.
    The games run perfectly on my iPad mini 5 running iPadOS 14.