Universal Jumpin Monster - Beta Testers Requested

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by HeshamAmiri, Feb 24, 2015.

1. HeshamAmiri

HeshamAmiri Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Hi everyone,

I'm looking for beta testers to my upcoming game. It's a retro platform jumping game and I'm looking for anyone that has devices that can run iOS 8 and above.

Here is a little gameplay video:

2. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    I can help if you need. game looks tough btw

3. HeshamAmiri

Aug 19, 2010
    Great! send me a DM with your email

4. kopicha

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    So far game seems to run fine. A few questions thou.

1. Game Center is currently disable? Because it said am not sign in when I tap on it. Just wanna be sure it's not a bug.

2. I kinda feel that the touch response sorta need a little improvement? You need double tap to jump to next platform but there are times where it does not register my 2nd tap and at times i do feel like there seems to be some input lag once awhile thou the FPS looks fine running at 60fps

5. HeshamAmiri

Aug 19, 2010
    Thanks kopicha for taking the time to pay test my game.

1. Game Center still hooks to the sandbox. If you don't have a sandbox account it won't connect. If you need one I can create one for you. Let me know.

2. I got the same feedback from other testers. I'v changed the way the touch is handled and I think( I hope) the controls feel a little bit more responsive now.

I will be submitting a new build to testflight in a couple of days.

6. kopicha

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    nice to hear. The Game Center thing is not important. Just trying to test it for you but since it is not working, so I thought I should let you know. Since you explained that I think it's fine. But if you wanna create one for me to test out that is fine too. :) Looking forward to your next build to see if I can do better score :)

7. HeshamAmiri

Aug 19, 2010
    @kopicha

Just realized that you can login into GameCenter Sandbox yourself. Logout and when login again you'll see the option to login into the sandbox.

8. kopicha

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    You mean logout from where? Within the game or on my device?

9. kopicha

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    Much better with the new update. But think the newly added instruction screen at the start of the game very distracting thou is will auto disappear after few sec.

image.jpg

10. meejahor

meejahor Member

Oct 5, 2014
    News photographer
    I think you've nailed it with the new version. The control lag is totally gone and the game now feels fast and responsive. I do agree with kopicha that the instruction screen gets in the way for those first few seconds, but it's not a big problem. You've got a great little casual game here. I've just been at the dentist and it was the perfect game to tap away at for a few minutes in the waiting room.

11. HeshamAmiri

Aug 19, 2010
    @kopicha

I'm impressed, really impressed.

@meejahor

I'm glad to hear that. Seems using Unity's touch was the better approach.

As for the instruction screen, I will see what I can do about that. Maybe use a transparent background so its not so in your face.

12. kopicha

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    Build 0.94 report

The instruction screen looks better now not sure if you have done further changes to the touch but seems like it works better than the last build I have tested. Screenshot prove it :p think overall seems pretty complete already but there one small thing left that I notice is that once while there is a small graphical glitch like the image flicker a little. It's not a new bug. Has been there since the very first test build I tried. And still persist in current build. But it does not happen frequent thou, so not sure if there is a way to replicate it.collision seems to have work much better now too in the latest build. Great work so far.

Anyway would love to give an early imp based on the beta too. Overall the game is simple yet fun. Something great to pass time when you want some quick fun. Like getting a burger for quick bite when you suddenly feel hungry :p it's challenging yet not frustrating even when you attempt to beat your own highs. It can be addictive at times especially after playing it for awhile. Overall a simple game that may not capture your love at first sight, but grow addictive over time as you play it. Great game! :cool:

Attached Files:

13. HeshamAmiri

Aug 19, 2010
    @kopicha very impressive, as for the graphic glitch, its an effect called Chromatic Aberration or RGB Split. It kinda gives the game that retro feel. I've toned it down for the release version which is in the store now :)

Thank you and @meejahor for taking the time to test this game. Really appreciated.