Universal Jump Jack (by Rossman Bros Games LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Mikiesque

Mikiesque Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2013
    Awwwwww the REAL Jack is so adorable!!!!!!! Instabuy just for this video alone!!!!

All the very best and well done on the game. My cup of tea!!!!

2. Thanks!

Glad you pointed that out! We worked hard early on to get the controls just right and are really happy with them. Thanks so much for the feedback. So cool people are finally playing our game, and even cooler that they are getting what we were going for in the gameplay!

Glad you think so, that kind of intense satisfaction is what I wanted to create, making something just difficult enough so that when you pull it off its a pretty amazing feeling. I love that moment in a great game where I go, 'I can't believe I just did that!'

Thanks for all this feedback everyone, its a joy to read.

3. Haha, that made me laugh. Actually most of Jack's lines were unscripted, he is a pretty funny guy!

Haha, glad you enjoyed it! It was fun to make.

4. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    This game plays a lot like Jump N Shoot but a little more forgiving. Also it's a little more combat oriented with the combo system. You can tell a lot of love went into this game. Really cool!

5. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    The more that I play this I wish when you held down jump while airborne you would fall faster to the ground. I think that would let me have a little more precision for jumping on enemies.

6. PrimoBr

PrimoBr Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2015
    Great game! Good luck with the sales!

7. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Downloading this one now. I'll leave some imps later, but it sounds like everyone is digging it already. Great to hear. Eric is a really cool guy and the Rossman Bros put a lot of love into this game.

8. Thanks! Glad it shows:)

Thanks for giving it shot! Glad you are liking it.

Thanks NOEN! Hope you like it man!

9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    OMG. Jack being the coolest kid in school? CONFIRMED!

10. rybotron

rybotron Member

Oct 8, 2015
    Cinematographer + Editor / Part time video game ar
    Oregon
    Stoked and thankful!

Super excited and thankful
    Hey everyone, just wanted to jump on and express some gratitude. I'm the other brother from Rossman Bros Games, the older, balder one who had the honor of doing the art and music for Jump Jack. I wanted to say thanks for all of the kind comments. I don't think we fully knew what we were getting into when we started this project a couple years ago, but it was a blast the whole way. Hopefully this can turn in to something we don't just do in our free time, or after 10pm!!! This game definitely came from our passion for the NES and 16bit days. It's also been inspired by some of the recent classics from the retro revival. We didn't want to make an endless runner, or a game that offered empty accomplishment... we remember the challenge old school games had to offer and wanted to re-create that sense of what it meant to BEAT a game. So hopefully that's what gamers can experience!

Thanks again for all of the kind words!
    :D

11. LOL, lets hope it doesn't go to his head

12. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Right off the bat, I wanna say that I've almost always had issues with GameSalad games. There's only a handful that I've enjoyed and none that have stayed on my device for more than a couple months.

But this right here is awesome. The running mechanic (holding A), the megaman type action... Super jump whatever... It all plays great. No lag, no framerate issues, no problems with the controls... I'm actually able to focus on the gameplay, and not on everything else. It's a very welcome change from the typical GameSalad titles I've played.

Anyway... I am enjoying this quite a bit. Totally recommended if you're into auto-running platformers.

13. Thank you. You have no idea how good that is to hear. I worked on and tweaked the controls over and over to get them just right. Glad to know it payed off and is providing people with a good play experience.

14. rybotron

rybotron Member

Oct 8, 2015
    Cinematographer + Editor / Part time video game ar
    Oregon
    Gameplay mechanics

That's really cool to hear! My bro and I put a lot of thought into getting the gameplay right for touch screen. We definitely wanted it to be simple enough for most gamers to learn, but dynamic enough for some strategy and depth. In the end hopefully it feels like there is a lot more than just a jump and a shoot button! Nonetheless, it's rewarding to hear that somebody recognized this. Thanks!

15. blockbot

blockbot New Member

Oct 9, 2015
    Perfect balance of rage and fun

I binged hard on this game (and beat it on retro hard -__-), and found it really satisfying in the same way that Kid Tripp and Super Meat Boy are. You can feel that this is a game that was made by developers who wanted to play this type of game. The quality is high, and at $0.99 it would be stupid not to pick this up.

I give 8 flergles out of 8 flergles.

16. quantumsheep

quantumsheep Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    The Head Cheese, Top Dog, Numero Uno Honcho, Quant
    London
    Gotta say, I really like this! :D

A lot of love and attention to detail went into this - very impressed!

And trust you lot to catch onto that already! Awesome!

QS =D

17. supafly129

supafly129 Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Los Angeles, CA
    #37 supafly129, Oct 10, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
    It's been awesome getting to know you as well! You guys should definitely be proud of yourselves. The community clearly loves it and I look forward to seeing Jump Jack getting the recognition it deserves.

18. Always exciting to get a comment like that from a developer I looks up to!

Thanks man!

19. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    Holding jump to jump off the heads of enemies has helped immensely. Now, I'm stuck running into the side of a building on 1-5. Hmmm?

20. Yep some players thought you had to tap Jump right as you land on the enemy head, you only need to be holding jump, much easier.

Hint: Shoot the window :D