Universal Juicy Realm (by X.D. Network Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Lull4by, May 3, 2020.

1. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    The iPhone X is suffering from heat problem because it's heat dissipation design is really bad, I use it for a really long time, hope the new iPhone 12 would fix this problem.

2. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I just had my first go of the game for 30 min and no heat problems for me.

I just wanted to ask how you all find the save system? I quit to menu and then clicked continue to see if it saves exactly where I left off but it loaded me in to fight the same boss I just beat. Does it save whenever you enter a new room or something?

But so far I’m liking it, my first run with melee was a disaster I didn’t make it very far. This second try is going really well, got an awesome gun that bounces off walls and poisons on crits which is great on those bosses.

3. Lull4by

Aug 21, 2014
    You have to move to the next room from the boss room first so the system would think you already clear that boss room, if you leave the game in the fight or clearing the room but stay in the same room, the system would think you do not clear that room.

ste86uk likes this.
  4. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Anyone know what kind of enemy attacks are affected by the perk that makes you immune to enemy ranged attacks? At the least it doesn’t make me immune to enemy projectiles.

5. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    What’s everyone’s favourite character to use? Both from the starting characters and best one you’ve unlocked?

I take it this training is specific per character. So far it seems like the one that has an AoE stun is my favourite starter.

6. bx59

bx59 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2016
    #46 bx59, May 8, 2020
    Last edited: May 8, 2020
    So... How do I recycle guns?!! I can only collect on touch controls, what am I missing?!

Edit: Long press it is..

[​IMG]

ste86uk likes this.
  7. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    What a fantastic game. The look, the soundtrack...full of character!

8. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    Of the ones I have unlocked, Roux is my favorite. But she’s the only one I have besides the default characters, so we will see.

really digging this game. The weapons are awesome and the little legion of pets you can get storming around with you is friggin rad. Haven’t gotten past the 4th area yet tho.

ste86uk likes this.
  9. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    I think this game is great, but it doesn’t really set any new bars, except for maybe price lol. It really is a blend of a few games such as Gungeon, and Soul Knight.

The thing is, I’m finding only a few weapons in my run so far are all that viable. I’ve got a laser and the original paddle gun. And I’ve decked them out with Crit buffs so most shots are crits. I can then just kite around. Basically all weapons I’ve recycled since near the beginning of this run.

Speaking of kiting, I find it is best to do exactly that, which means basically shooting at enemies that are mostly not even on the screen. That seems to be the aspect view this game is set at. A lot of the room is off screen and so are the enemies.
    Not only that, visuals are very soft, and enemies don’t stand out enough imo. Often I’ll get hit because I thought an enemy was some kind of plant or obstacle of the room.

I also find the dodge function to be frustrating with the amount of cool down required. The amount of cool down discourages skilful timing of evasion imo. Each boss battle I’ve used the dodge maybe twice, or maybe thrice, using it only when necessary to ensure it’s available. The whole rest of the fight I just kite.
    Maybe this game wasn’t trying to be Gungeon with the dodge thing, but still, it has that function, so why make it so clunky.

Gameplay is getting a little repetitious to be honest. I didn’t get quite this feeling with Gungeon, Isaac, or even as much with soul knight. At least not this early.

It’s a great game and all, it’s a great addition to roguelites, the price is fantastic, but it’s not exactly top tier of anything that it does, imo.

Just thought I’d share an angle. that all said, I’d still say it’s a good buy.

10. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Actually, the game has many unique/powerful weapons. You just need to unlock them via store at the upper left of the camp, or via boss challenges.

11. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Thanks but...........
    part of my post said that weapons are not an issue. Maybe to clarify, when I said I had only a few weapons that were viable, I meant that already early in the run my weapons were good enough, and the new weapons I was offered (boss fight and general rooms) only seamed like a downgrade.

I’ve held the same weapon without temptation of any other for the whole run.

12. Lull4by

Aug 21, 2014
    I think not all the weapons need to be viable, some of them are really powerful like the Dual Brass Blaster, some of them are just for fun, everyone could choose what weapon style they preferred the most, with specific perks you can build a better weapon definitely.

I think a part of challenges in rogue-lite game is to try your best to face a lot of random situations and choose the best solution to help you surviving longer, even beating the game.

13. bx59

bx59 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2016
    "We have planned to add the co-op mode in June. We'll keep updating the game with new features and better optimizations."

From a response to an App Store review. NICE.

ste86uk likes this.
  14. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @bx59 that sounds great, thanks for sharing.

bx59 likes this.
  15. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I’ve probably only spent about 3 hours with this so far and I’m still enjoying it. I think out of the starter heroes my go-to hero has now become the girl one that does an AoE stun and auto generates a shield whenever you go a few seconds without being hit which I find very useful as I rarely get hit so only loose the shield and no life. Although I wish the health pickups would turn into gold when you don’t need to heal.

I just made it to some big snake boss thing and he was seconds from death when I made an unfortunate error. That’s after doing the whole run with 2 max health as I took some upgrades I thought would take health from me not permanently lower my max health! But at least I’ve learnt from that. I had 3 pets and one sucked up bullets which was very helpful.

16. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    #56 ste86uk, May 10, 2020
    Last edited: May 11, 2020
    Just cleared the game pretty easily with Ponpon using an air cannon primarily after I found that and some other named gun that shit blue lasers but I appear to have not unlocked it in the compendium to see what it was called.

Where do you change the difficulty now?

Edit: just owned it with two challenges enabled trying again now with all 3 turned on but what does it do anyway? It was harder but didn’t seem much more rewarding? Used Power Poultry and Yogoda. Firecrackers on this run and they are amazing.

17. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Basically, enabling challenges count as the hard difficulty.

Beating a game with 3 challenges enabled unlocks a character, and additional 3 more challenges. Beating with 6 enabled unlocks another character and 4 more challenges.

Also, at some point, the alter(?) placed at the east of the weapon shop in the camp will become accessible, allowing you to do boss rushes. Not sure when the alter becomes accessible, since I noticed it only after beating with 6 challenges.

ste86uk and stubbieoz like this.
  18. Lull4by

Aug 21, 2014
    The new update is out!

Finally I can adjust bottoms’ size, some environments also got updated for less annoying.

ste86uk likes this.
  19. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Is there somewhere I can see a list of all the upgrades for each character? I think mine is pretty much maxed now wondering who to do next but some of the upgrades change things so it would be good to know when picking.

Like my AoE stun got much bigger and also removes all bullets in its radius which I didn’t know when I choose that as my first character.

20. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Geez, it takes forever to get seeds to unlock other characters. Any tips on getting them faster?