Universal Jubeat Plus - by Konami (Japanese version) [Universal]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Nov 8, 2010.

1. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    #1 ImNoSuperMan, Nov 8, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2011

iPad Screenshots:
    (click to enlarge)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

iTunes Link: http://itunes.apple.com/jp/app/jubeat-plus/id395192484?mt=8

More info about the Game here : http://www.bemanistyle.com/index.php/news/jubeat-plus-event-wrapup-1956

EDIT: US version is out now: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=103551

2. MeteorFlare

MeteorFlare Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    downloading!

3. tonyatf

tonyatf Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Cambridge
    downloading

4. Stram

Stram New Member

Nov 29, 2008
    #4 Stram, Nov 8, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
    downloaded

Verdict - best idevice game I have played game yet. Perfect for the iPad and is a joy to play. I think you may end up breaking the iPad screen when it gets fast and energetic but I'd then buy another! The first song is just hilarious and was laughing so much while I played. Can't wait for to be on the UK store and I'll buy every song pack.

It was simple to make a fake Japanese account with no credit card needed as the app is free so it would be shame to miss out if it takes a while for the translation.

However after playing some more it seems it is mind blowing on extreme mode. I would need 4 extra hands and a training mode to help but I don't think it's got one, so wiith just my 2 hands I only got one 1% of the song correct. Anyhows I shouldn't worry yet as I've only just got a C on easy.

5. AirGear

AirGear Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    This game is fun and crazy, you do not need to read Japanese to play. It looks just like the arcade version. Saw the actual thing in arcade before but never played, so I decided to download and try. Agreed it is actually perfect for iPad.

The free game only includes 3 songs, the rest are in-app purchases at $3.99 per pack with 4 songs each. Currently only available in Japanese App Store.

6. ImNoSuperMan

Jun 28, 2009
    Whoa. Just tried this and it IS insane. I've failed in all of my first 4 attempts at the first song but I'm loving it for sure. Hope konami finds a way to publish it in other stored too.

7. leowah

leowah Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Anyone know how to purchase the songs?

8. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Man, I want this. Might have to get a Japanese account, if it doesn't go global.

9. RodmanSan

RodmanSan Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Project Management Architect
    E-Troid, the Netherlands
    Is this game a bit like DJ Max Portable.... :confused:

Because i just love this style of games.... :D

10. ImNoSuperMan

Jun 28, 2009
    There's a video in the first post which shows the gameplay pretty accurately.

11. djflippy

Mar 9, 2009
    #11 djflippy, Nov 26, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2010
    To clarify, I think the implied answer from IMNS is no, but there are, however, 70 kabillion games on the app store that are a bit like DJMP; Rock Band, Guitar Hero, Six Strings, all of the 10+ Revenge titles...

12. djflippy

Mar 9, 2009
    Once you get the Japanese account and iTunes credit, how does the iTunes syncing work with two accounts?

13. ImNoSuperMan

Jun 28, 2009
    iTunes doesnt have any problem with multiple accounts. There is a limit on how many accounts you can sync with one iDevice though (as long as all those accounts belong to you). IIRC its 5 accounts. btw, you dont need japanese itunes credit for this game unless you plan to buy more songs.

14. djflippy

Mar 9, 2009
    Hmm, I have an iPad full of games. If I sync to a new account, won't it remove all of those games? Can this app coexist with my current collection.if so, I know I could re-sync them all back, but then I would be without my core apps for as long as I had this installed, which would be somewhere I the neighborhood of forever.

Yeah, I'll pretty much buy every song they have. There was a Jubeat (machine on test in an arcade where I used to live, although I think it was just called something else. Anyway, the game owns and I'm addicted. From playing iGoBeat on the iPad, I know I'll love Jubeat on this platform.

Sorry if I'm being a pest with all these questions, but I want to play it over the weekend.

15. leowah

leowah Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Where are you from? I having difficulties getting this from Singapore, need to create an additional fake Japanese itunes ID to dl it.

This game only come with 3 songs, not even enough to start with, anyone have a way to figure out how to get jap itunes credit?

16. djflippy

Mar 9, 2009
    Yeah, just get a Japanese iTunes card from J-List.

17. ImNoSuperMan

Jun 28, 2009
    As I told you, there wont be any problem at all. You can use apps from both the accounts simultaneously. Didnt you ever download ngmoco's beta from a canadian account? (eliminate, we rule etc). Of course its against appstore terms and conditions. If they find out they'll ban the japanese account and you'll lose anything you bought from it. But so far I've never seen anyone who got his account banned. Maybe, Apple will chose to start it with you. Who knows :p

18. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    #18 currymutton, Feb 21, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2011
  19. iPhonegamesfan

Nov 25, 2010
    too good too say nothing, it's a great great music game. and on it is born to be the ipad game~~

20. 8sanders

8sanders Active Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Pretty good. Considering buying a Japanese iTunes card now.