Universal [JPN] Chaos Rings III (by Square Enix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by L.Lawliet, Oct 16, 2014.

1. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I can't see me wanting to open this game every day because it says I have to in order to collect stuff I need. I'm tired of apps doing that. Hopefully that stuff won't be too needed.

2. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    Anyways, about the daily login thing mentioned in the preview.. So this game needs internet connection???? :(

3. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    No, no connection required. And the daily login stuff is just onze coins so far, definitely not stuff you *need*.

It's such a weird game, though. Like, I bought some extra genes with my onze coins and got what is basically fusion fodder. So I fused it with my main character's gene, which leveled it up 12 or so levels at once. But because the leveling in this game is set up at the same pace as the other games, it just meant my MC was stuuuuupidly overpowered for hours. It all feels so extraneous to the proper game, like cheat codes or something, but with a lot more work put into implementing them.

4. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    So this is defiantly worse then the previous chaos rings games? Bummer. This game really does look like it was going to be a free to play title

5. Shaun Musgrave

Jul 8, 2013
    Ibaraki, Japan
    I don't know if I'd call it worse. I think it's a better game than Chaos Rings, though its story isn't nearly as clever. Right now, my feeling is that CR2 is better, but this is better than the others.

It's more that it feels like there were two games being developed independently of each other and at some point someone came in said, "Can you guys do me a solid and stitch these two projects together? I'll give you two weeks."

You *can* enjoy the the story and gameplay of the game as well as you could the previous games and ignore all the suspicious fluff, and you won't be any poorer for it, in my opinion. The fluff is fun if you're into that type of thing, but if you use it, you'll end up way overpowered in the main story, and that's not so fun. It's a very weird design.

6. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    hmm.. Seems like this was going to be a freemium type, but the idead just scrapped at the last minute.. I'll still buy it though :)

7. Hambo12

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Basically you mean it's a.... What's that word when you say it was worse then the previous product? It's a throwback? No.. A i don't know what the word is dang.

8. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Regression?

9. Hambo12

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet

no that's not it.. it's like when the game or movie is worse then the previous. Like.. this game is a.... UGH I CANT REMEBER THE WORD

10. Shaun Musgrave

Jul 8, 2013
    Ibaraki, Japan
    It's a "Final Fantasy 7"?

/dodges tomatoes

11. Hambo12

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    No it's something like the FF8 Phone is a ______ to the FF7 phone. Blank I don't know the word

12. nateparfait

nateparfait Active Member

Jan 29, 2013
    Anyone knows how to sell/remove cards, i am at 50/50. =.=

13. Shaun Musgrave

Jul 8, 2013
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Go talk to whatshername in the garden and fuse or sell some of them. Surprised you haven't done that up until now!

14. nateparfait

nateparfait Active Member

Jan 29, 2013
    #74 nateparfait, Oct 24, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
    What garden? I only have sky road, coliseum, district 14 and my house.

I just started.

15. Shaun Musgrave

Jul 8, 2013
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Ah, you need to clear the first few story quests. That opens up CR3's rip-off of Persona's Velvet Room, where you can fuse genes or sell them off. Fusing two different ones can make new ones that keep skills from its "parents". You'll want to open that up ASAP.

16. rrevbra

rrevbra Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2012
    Stepback ?

It's usually "a stepback from" though

17. Hambo12

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    There that's it! Chaos rings 3 is a step back from previous iterations! Thanks rrevbra! Anyways how's it going Shaun? Just saw walk through on YouTube someone beat the whole game in 22 hours name is meiko on YouTube or something. It looks awesome :D and darker then expected and so much spoiler omg

18. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Wouldn't waiting for Shaun's "it's dark/it isn't that dark" be better than watching a playthrough that's obviously going to spoil you a good part of the game?

19. Hambo12

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    It's darker then far ._. And yeah I seen everything. All I will say is our main character in this game is popular with the ladies hehe

20. Shaun Musgrave

Jul 8, 2013
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Haven't quite finished this off yet since my schedule's been nuts the last couple weeks and I keep getting distracted by side content, haha. I play it a bit every day, though.