Universal [JP] STAR OCEAN -anamnesis- (by SQUARE ENIX )

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by frashart, Dec 13, 2016.

1. frashart

frashart Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2015
  2. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    #2 Dailon80, Dec 13, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
    This game is so awesome
    Im a few days in and loving it sure it's FTP but I don't really care it has story and amazin graphics the 3D RPG battles are best I've seen in mobile
    Nice presentation and not too much FTP crap standing in the way
    It's a winner in my opinion and hope the world gets to play it one day too as a matter of fact I'm gone to play it now :)
    Also as much as I love it too glad there isn't voice animated scenes because the space would be massive and I don't have tons of room :)
    Also please keep posting these I love them and do most of my gaming from the Japan App Store and it's good to see the games you highlight
    Oh and a Request for The Grand Marche by Square it's in Japan only here is the link I think you will enjoy it if you haven't played it yet :) グランマルシェの迷宮 by SQUARE ENIX INC
    https://appsto.re/jp/3-BAbb.i
    It's rated all stars and I will say it's because it's super fun like a minesweeper RPG and it mixes beautiful artwork anime with food

3. senkoujin

senkoujin Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Amazing title!

Although I am not particularly a fan of online-only F2P games, as a Star Ocean fan, I must say that this game stands out amongst the rest! There are the typical gatchas and mission-based grinding, BUT the presentation of the battle system really shows how much power your iOS device can produce!

The battles are lightning-paced just like the PS2 and later era Star Ocean games, and the graphics and special effects are downright jaw-dropping. Although the game isn't as beautiful on iPad as Mobius FF, it does come close in some aspects. To be honest, I didn't know they could seemingly port a PS2/PS3-like graphics engine into iOS like this and still retain lightning speed! You can even move your character around a 3-D battlefield and use evasive maneuvers, which can save your neck!

As a true 100% F2P gamer, of course I won't spend any real money on the game, but I do praise its "ease" on the paywall. You are handed out ALOT of premium currency at first, which is enough to get some powerful characters. Another thing is that characters from all the Star Ocean games should be making an appearance in the game, after all, this game is celebrating Star Ocean's 20th Anniversary.

In closing, it sure would have been nice if this was released as a full complete PREMIUM game; would have been a potential GOTY title, but anyway, that's just a pipe dream. I can easily recommend this game even over HIT and other pretty games. :)

It's only available in Japan right now (all in Japanese too), so you'll either have to learn Japanese to play or wait for a possible international release.