Universal [JP] (Romancing SaGa 2) (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by asaw2, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    #21 Dailon80, Mar 26, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
    You can't on this one you have to know some Japanese this game is a bit more complicated (to me anyway) than FF and DQ. Do I know every word? No but a vast majority especially those words. and I can certainly keep up with the story, now speaking Japanese is something I'm not good at yet. Japanese is not an easy language to learn that's for sure but I keep at it everyday. It requires good internet and lots of patience to learn :) lots of patience should stress that again ha
    It's almost safe to say with this one that you have to know some Japanese or you won't be going far.
    If you are real interested in learning start with an English to Japanese dictionary.

2. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    This is the towns and dungeons I have visited so far

Attached Files:

3. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
  4. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Can anyone briefly explain how the gameplay is?

Just curious because I got the last iOS Mana game and it was definitely not my cup of tea :eek: I'm more into RPG elements than puzzle/platformer elements.

5. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    You will like this way better than mana
    It's a final fantasy type RPG with some diff elements thrown in. Visit the town
    Visit the cave fight off the enemies back to the town off to the next one etc
    Except with this one it doesn't feel like the same old RPG. It's one of my fav games on my phone right now and I have enjoyed it so much I'm gonna buy it again in English. Meaning I will have both Japanese and English versions and im keeping both on my phone so I can have more games going at one time :)

6. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Well you definitely sold the game for me... Now I can't wait for it to release here!

I've been waiting to try a "new" RPG for a while now. The trailer had me interested but I guess I couldn't tell exactly how the gameplay was. So it in general plays like a standard RPG, battles and all?

7. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    It does and you have various attavks instead of just one and a party of 5. Another interesting factor is when you die your character becomes the next in the lineage so die and a diff main character awesome feature!

8. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    You start by choosing one of two characters

Attached Files:

9. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    I like this one :)

Attached Files:

10. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    My current party on my newest game
    I like starting new ones a lot haha
    Notice none of them are the character I started with :)

Attached Files:

11. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Romancing SaGa 2 puts you in the role of a line of emperors, starting with Emperor Leon and moving on down through the generations as time passes and characters expire. That title isn't just for show, as you'll need to run your empire, finding gold for the treasury and collecting taxes to spend on various necessities. As you clear dungeons and other areas on the map, your empire will expand, and you'll get more tax money to spend. It's quite open-ended for a console RPG of its era, too.

This is from a TA write up on this site and gives you an idea of why this game rocks!

12. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Thanks for all the replies. Man, I'm a bit too hyped now. The features in this game are really rare. I actually haven't played very many open ended RPGs like that. Sounds like good replayability too which is always a good thing.

13. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    #33 ojtitus, May 25, 2016
    Last edited: May 25, 2016
    I'll definitely be buying this game but probably not for several days as I'm totally wrapped up in Titan Quest at the moment.

Edit: Thanks for the info Dailon

14. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Is this coming tonight?

15. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Yes tonight!

16. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    I'm playing titan quest too :)
    This one is better than titan quest to me
    I do like both though

17. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Cool insta buy

18. kafkaeskimo

kafkaeskimo New Member

May 25, 2016
    So, is there an idea on what time this will show up in the store? Does 26th mean midnight EST?

19. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Square can be tricky seems like lately midnight would be correct with the other releases however it's also not unheard of for them to do it sometime on Thursday. Because this isn't something new (already in Japan app store) I'm almost certain it will release with everything else.

20. kafkaeskimo

kafkaeskimo New Member

May 25, 2016
    Thanks for at least confirming that it can vary. I'll probably end up just refreshing every hour from now till then just in case. This has been the one SNES game I've been pining for in English ever since modders announced translation attempts 15+ years ago. I think a proper localization and updates will probably make it worth the wait though.

I did check RomancingSaga2's Twitter page and a rough translation makes it look like a notable update for the Japanese version went live today that may have added at least one quest or some new content.