Universal [JP] MOBIUS FINAL FANTASY (by: SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by asaw2, Jun 4, 2015.

1. asaw2

asaw2 Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2013
    South korea
    App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

2. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Time to learn japanese

3. #3 binlabu, Jun 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  4. Pham

Pham Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Denmark
  5. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Oh dayummn! Though I wonder how much of the enjoyment is gone when you can't read it. As much as I LOVE Final Fantasy I think I may pass. I could've bought Chaos Rings 3 when it was Japanese only as well but playing the English version makes me realize RPGs are completely different without text.

That is of course unless this barely has any text.

6. pheriannath

pheriannath Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2012
    #6 pheriannath, Jun 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
    This game does have plenty of text, and I'm afraid there will be a significant disadvantage if you try to play it without understanding the language.

In the first place, you probably want to be able to read the description on each ability card. It makes a lot of difference knowing what effect each ability has, its area of effect, the skill seeds you'll potentially get out of it...without this information, you'll have a hard time deciding what kind of deck to construct for each area.

There are also many mechanics that would be essential to know and the tutorial would helpfully inform you about - in Japanese. How to gain 'seeds' to spend in battle, how to use your Element Drive to heal yourself or throw up element resist shields, how to build your burst gauge and use it, etc.

If you don't make full use of these mechanics, I can guarantee that you'll be spending a *lot* of time in the first area grinding just so you can defeat your first area boss (the red dragon) by sheer brute force, and likely spend all of your Phoenix Downs in the process. This may lead you to a somewhat unfair impression of the game - which would be a pity, as the game starts to really open up after you defeat said dragon.

So yes, knowing the language is probably a good idea.

7. senkoujin

senkoujin Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Final Fantasy Mobius (iOS)

Hello everyone, given this game has been out for nearly half a year and it's still JAPAN ONLY, I can see why this topic hasn't been updated in a while. Well, I believe that someday Final Fantasy Mobius (iOS) might be released outside of Japan, but given all the campaigns and events that have passed, I'm starting to have a few doubts....not to worry, we didn't expect Million Arthur (although Kairisei is worlds better) to be released outside of Japan, but it happened anyway.

Now, I want to first tell you that I LOATHE this new trend of massive single-player games that require a constant internet connection just to play, gatcha systems included. FF Mobius is one of those games, and the file size is well over 1GB (it's 2.1GB on my device now). Honestly, I was pissed when it was announced that this game wouldn't be like a real traditional FF game (a complete game), but since I was a big FF fan and the fact that the game looked really interesting, I went out of my way to try it out on launch day.

Here's what I have to say about this game:
    -This game has cutting edge graphics and 7th gen console quality visuals for a mobile game
    -Unlike other card battlers, this game has a story with more substance
    -This game is a bit more balanced than other card battlers
    -The infamous Pay-to-Win aspect is limited, so you must actually play Play-to-Win
    -The combat system is constantly updated and improved

I've been playing almost everyday since launch and have participated in nearly all events, so I've become quite comfortable with the game (and the fact that I don't like playing these types of online-only games, FF Mobius is clearly the exception).

Now for the people who do play the game, I just want to share with you what I did for this month's "Mobius Day":

[​IMG]

I've spent 10 hours straight trying to collect Light Seeds for my Legendary Knight, and I will happily spend them on two of the most demanding Skill Panel unlocks:
    1. Attack Round +1 (72000 Light Seeds) [Skill Panel 1st (4)]
    2. Attack Round +1 (99999 Light Seeds) [Skill Panel 2nd (4)]
    ...had it not been Mobius Day, it would've taken me 40 hours to pull this off. XD

Oh BTW, I spent $0.00 (0.00JPY) on this game, and I don't plan to unless Seeds can be bought with magic stones at reasonable prices.

8. senkoujin

Aug 28, 2013
    #8 senkoujin, Jan 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
    Final Fantasy Mobius (iOS)

Hello again everyone, I'm still playing!

Update! The current event is a collaboration event celebrating the announcement of Final Fantasy VII REMAKE; during this big event, you can visit Midgard and Mako Factories....which are loaded with treasures and powerful enemies. You will meet the new "FFVII REMAKE" Cloud as well; there is remastered and remixed FFVII music that will play as you progress through the FFVII locations. The enemies there now include Shinra soldiers as well as the Scorpion boss unit, which all look really nice with the updated graphics....maybe this is how they will look in FFVII REMAKE, or at least very close.

One of the best treasures for the current event (Final Fantasy VII REMAKE campaign) is the legendary Masamune. Entering the event, you are issued a 1-Star Masamune, but you can traverse the Mako factory dungeons and ultimately upgrade it to 2, 3, and even a 4-Star (TRUE) Masamune. To get the True Masamune, I recommend having at least two characters using the Active Job Change system, preferably both of them with all Skill Panels (including 2nd) completely unlocked, and finally make sure your main character is at least LVL220 while your sub character is at least LVL150, both equipped with good cards with good EXPAND SKILLs....I personally recommend having at least one card with a 9999 Damage Limit Break; you should also have at least 20 Phoenix Feathers (or 2000 Magic Stones) on hand because the deeper you go, the harder it's going to get!

Anyway, last night, after a few days of fighting these powerful enemies, I managed to obtain the True Masamune. This is a limited-time event, so this weapon will only be available for so long, I've taken some screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BTW, still didn't spend ANY real ($0.00USD) (0,00JPY) on this game. ;)

9. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Still no worldwide release :(
    Does anyone know if creating a Japan iTunes account is as easy as Canada and what I mean is do you have to put In a credit card number? I didn't have to for a Canada account and so it was simple.

10. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Yup! You can do it the same way you made a Canadian account. You can bypass the credit card input for instance if you start out while trying to download a free game on the Japanese app store (at least that's how I did it a while back).

11. senkoujin

Aug 28, 2013
    FF Mobius - MULTIPLAYER UPDATE

Over 6 months after its release, Final Fantasy Mobius finally gets a Multiplayer UPDATE!!

[​IMG]

This update is perhaps the largest thus far, and it really is fun!! We can now team up with other players to fight Summons. If you've been a dedicated player since the beginning, you should be able to join or create almost any team and take out the Summons (Ranged from 1 to 4 stars) without too much of an issue, however, the 4-Star Summon battles can be very tough even for experienced elite players.

I still haven't paid any real money on this game, and I can face all 1-Star ~ 3-Star Summon quests without using Phoenix Feathers (well, maybe just need ONE in case I'm unlucky, heh). I've beat around two 4-Star Summon quests, but I needed to use around 4~8 Phoenix Feathers per battle. xD

I'm currently looking into changing my tactics to debuff the hell out of those monsters, and then strike at full power.

12. Sieye

Sieye Well-Known Member

May 7, 2015
    East Coast
    So bumping this up abit. Worldwide release is August 3rd, which is 2 1/2 weeks from today.

13. fliindnyce

fliindnyce Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    lol I remember this

14. senkoujin

Aug 28, 2013
    FF Mobius One Year Anniversary

Yeah sorry, I haven't posted an update in a long while. Right now, Final Fantasy Mobius (JP) is currently celebrating its 1st Year Anniversary, and long-time players (such as myself) have been given a plethora of gifts, special rewards, premium currency, etc.

Still to this day, I maintain my $0.00 (USD/JPY) record as a true 100% F2P (Free-To-Play) player. I'm currently Level 74, and I've got enough power and technique to take on nearly every challenge each new update (new areas, new events, etc.) presents. Even after a full year, I am still satisfied with the game. :)

The servers however, have recently been quite busy or something because I've been experiencing connection issues lately; these issues were not present until the last two updates went live. It's either my connection or the servers are doing something....maybe transferring/preparing data for the US/International servers, I don't know.

Either way, it's great to hear that the game will be coming stateside pretty soon. :)

15. Sieye

Sieye Well-Known Member

May 7, 2015
    East Coast
    Being released tomorrow

16. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Yes finally, any English guide to help new players?

17. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    in the preregister rewards, it sais Yuna character unlocked. Does this mean she is also a playable character? or is she a summon/skill just for healing? I'd much rather control Yuna kicking ass (FFX-2) than this guy personally.

18. dwincelowicz

dwincelowicz Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2015
    Security
    Sarasota, FL
    Nah. You're this guy, not Yuna.

19. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Thanks for replying man. I'll give it a try anyway since the game looks gorgeous, and who knows, maybe with some job change the guy could look decent (PS he looks too much like Vaan and i HATED how he looked in XII)