Universal Journey Below (by Ravenous Games Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ravenousgames, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Jeffrey_Xsu

Jeffrey_Xsu New Member

Aug 13, 2016
    Congrats for finishing.:rolleyes:
    This game is right up my alley.

2. thumbs07

thumbs07 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    UK
    #42 thumbs07, Aug 14, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
    Maybe my first properly liked Ravenous games game! Reminds me of one of my favourite PC games: Super House of Dead Ninjas. Hope it continues to add updates to the game, like perhaps different modes.

3. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    No comment on the endless Devs ? Is it actually NoT endless ?

4. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #44 LordShad0wz, Aug 14, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
    Ok

I'm not getting that perk I reported not working earlier. I just selected it again. I received a death blow. I did not resurrect. It's simply not working. Neither is the one that says I get full health upon death blow. I simply die. This really needs to be addressed.

I'm using the iPhone 6 running iOS 9.3.4

Also I really really love this game. I really love the entire control scheme. It's actually so well done. I do wish there was a way to have some permanent upgrades. I'm not talking massive upgrades. Just some small things like maybe your weapon is a little longer or your armor allows you a hit. Something like that. Permanent upgrades give me something to work for and adds a layer of fun. Even if it was an IAP. I'd pay. I really like this game. This is one of the top Ravenous games I've purchased.

Billy

5. ravenousgames

ravenousgames Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Game Developer
    Canada
    We have an update we are preparing to submit that should fix the flickering line that some people are experiencing as well as patching up the endless mode bug.

We need testers for the update. Can people who are experiencing the flickering line please email us so that we can test the fix.

6. thumbs07

thumbs07 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    UK
    Still my favourite release of the past few weeks. It appears to me Ravenous Games should protect this new fledging idea, and keep trying to improve it.

I've thought up couple ideas:
    -Chests you can joust into.
    -Different characters with all different traits. It'll be amazing for replayability, imagine a frog as a character, or other things. So much scope.
    -Possible upgrade like an explosion as you go into groups of mobs.

7. esty8nine

Dec 21, 2013
    If we need ideas just let me know, I feel like this good game missed LoT of opportunities to be a amazing game. It's a shame =\

8. ravenousgames

ravenousgames Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Game Developer
    Canada
    Not gonna hurt to suggest them and have you guys talk about them. Never know what the future holds :)

9. esty8nine

Dec 21, 2013
    #49 esty8nine, Aug 20, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
    Ok well, fast paced Arcady games like this/downwell are some of my favorite types. When I first played this game (and beat it same day) I was so excited to get deeper and see what else there was. To my surprise it was just mode of the same, as in pretty much same enemies you already seen, and same type of level lay out. I think it could have went a long way to change the level lay outs as you get deeper.
    One thing could be WHY not have huge just horizontal levels and or Parts to a level. This it changes things up, you have to use walls or barrels out of the ground to turn around, thus this could also introduce new enemies to encourage that level type. Maybe a enemie with a shield, you can attack him from behind, or wait for him to raise it so you can kill him but also just run into his shield to turn around and use it as a wall thus multiple solutions added. A new enemy type and a new type of machanic. I'm these "horizontal" levels there can even be moving floors that speed you up or slow you down. Or floors that go up and down.
    Different pick ups ? One that gives you a shield for a hit ? Or higher run speed for a short time.
    Maybe a talent that shortens your dash distance but you can hold it and charge it up to do a Longer one? Just things that add different veriety or different builds I would say. This is just off the top of the head but you get the idea.

This is not me saying this is a bad game in any way, but just my opinion of saying this was just another "good" game that if went farther could have been something really special I feel. =]

A upgrade that makes combo meter go down faster but you run a lot faster or other upgrades that are more risk/rewarding

10. neca

neca Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Congratulations for another great game, although I miss LoE, hope you can surprise us with a sequel sometime... BTW I just finished the game but didn't unlock the Thirsty achievement, how is this done? Hope to see an update with more things to do!

11. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    Price drop for anyone interested.