Universal Joe Dever's Lone Wolf Complete (by Bulkypix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Feb 25, 2015.

1. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    What's the installed size of this please? I assume pretty big if the download size is 1.4 GB?

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    The episodic version is sitting at 2.6 gig, so im guessing this should be close to that number.

3. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    I don't know why this is bothering me so much, but is it pronouced DEVVER or DEEVER?!

4. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    I think I'm just going to have to get a second iPad or something. This one's already full. Or maybe I just need to finish and delete some games.

5. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Doe Jever's accompanied kitty- Incomplete Edition

6. Forge Reply

Forge Reply Well-Known Member

Hi everyone!

About the installed size: around 2,6GB on iOS and 1,1GB on Android.

And "Deever" should be the correct way of saying his name! :D

7. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Is there a major updare planned? Read it somewhere. That's why I've not played yet.

8. Forge Reply

Forge Reply Well-Known Member

Hello everyone!
    We're back on the forums just to share the latest news.

In the past few days you may have noticed that Joe Dever's Lone Wolf was no longer available on the App Store.
    We are sorry for the inconvenience, and we're happy to confirm that the game is again available for you to download.The only difference? Joe Dever's Lone Wolf is no longer published by Bulkypix, we are publishing it ourselves!
    If you bought the old version of the game fear not, it is still available for you to download.
    For Sommerlund and the Kai!

9. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Except in Finland you cant download old version apparently. Cant buy new one either.

10. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Have you checked your purchase history? That's how I found my copy - go to purchases, not on this iPhone/iPad and then type in the search box. If you bought it before, it'll be there somewhere.

11. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    I can see it there but it says its not available in my store but in US store

12. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Even in your purchased list? Or do you mean you haven't bought it before and you're looking for the new version? If it's the new one, then it's just about waiting for it to propogate to the App Store. If not, I would try contacting Apple or maybe speak to the devs?

13. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    #33 Duke12, Dec 21, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
    Same thing with old version I bought and new one I havent.

Edit. Now it started downloading. Guess it was some glitch.

14. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    I've just finished Joe Dever's Lone Wolf.

It was an interesting take on mixing gamebook, inventory management and combat (based heavily on QTE).

However, the story is not very inspired, there isn't much choice and the combat drags too much. In fact, the plot basically lead to one fight to another.

Despite that, I rather enjoyed the game and would love to see what the devs might do on another take on the genre, especially if they solve those issues.

15. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I don’t know much about this game, but it’s apparently free at the moment, no additional IAP or anything. So if it fits your preferred genre, grab it while you can.

16. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    And also apparently no longer even available in the US. :(

17. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    The rights to the game have been transferred to Forge Reply. You can find the game by manually searching for it, or tapping here. You won't find it through this thread because that version no longer exists. I'll fix the thread once my internet's working properly.

anthony78 likes this.
  18. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    I picked it up earlier from the US store. Its there

19. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Is this worth downloading with its huge file size? Generally I haven’t found much that beats the Choice Of games for game books and payment model.

20. Stronsay

Stronsay Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2015
    For me it was downloading just for the graphics which I think are excellent. I’d say Choice of Games have better stories, but, of course, no graphics or realtime combat. Depends what you consider more important. I haven’t got as far as paying so can’t comment on the payment model. Perhaps someone else can advise on this.