Universal Joe Danger Infinity (by Hello Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 8, 2014.

1. BoneyCork

BoneyCork Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2011
    I really enjoy the Joe Danger games on console and PC, but the autorun and rhythm-swiping of the iOS version changed the game into something different. It went from being what could've been the best trials games in the App Store, to just a very good "runner", which is absolutely fine, but not what I personally wanted.

2. OutSpoken

OutSpoken Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    #23 OutSpoken, Jan 8, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
    So I just finished watching the AppSpy hands on... and yep, its basically just like the last one. I'm sure I read somewhere that hello games were originally going to make this an update feature to the first one. Honesty I think they should have and worked on giving us a Joe Danger the Movie.

I do like the in-game music though, very cool.

3. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    I would really appreciate some info on the endless part of the game as i find the idea of an endless Joe Danger quite interesting.
    I was kinda letdown when the app description didn´t really mention it

4. henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    woooohooo FINALLY ! I love how u guys created the joe danger series , the theme of it , the. game world , the smiling sun , this is an instant buy to show my support and respect to you , I am too tired to type because the amount of AAA games between Dec - Jan are overwhelming ... I am too busy just for gaming on my iPad...

5. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    ^This

6. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I had the first and played a bit but never picked it up again so I'll have to think about this one.

Why does everyone hate iOS 7 required games so much?

7. Aimsworth

Aimsworth Member

Nov 24, 2010
    They hate IOS6 as they are jailbroken and stuck on 6. Jailbreakers will upgrade once their favorite tweaks are all upgaded to work with IOS7.

8. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Same here, Im more exited for the "Infinity" part of the title than the rest.

9. Yeah, played the first, but for some reason never got too far. Have to think about this one.

10. bhavukjain1

bhavukjain1 Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2013
    One of the dev told that Joe Danger Infinity is just a Joe danger Touch with a little twist in that. Can someone confirm me what's the twist?
    After seeing the gameplay, it looks exactly same as Joe Danger Touch. And it seems to me as just a minor update of Joe Danger Touch.

11. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    #33 mr_bez, Jan 8, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
    Regarding the endless aspect, Pocket Gamer said today that:

12. runliketurtles

runliketurtles Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    Does this have levels you can only play as certain costumes? I really enjoyed joe Danger Touch, but hated that aspect of the game. I'd easily grab this game, as long as it doesn't have those costume required levels...

13. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    I'm gonna take a wild guess that they either don't like iOS7 or don't have a device which supports iOS7.

14. hvianna

hvianna Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    Thanks for the info. Big disappointment :/

15. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Not for me. I'd much rather have hand-designed individual levels. :)

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

16. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Same here!

17. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    They said this should be an update to Joe Danger but it turned out to be much more. Now what's exactly different? I thought it's an endless runner and I'm also dissapointed. And since I haven't played Joe Danger a lot (not because it's bad, just because it's not my type of game), I think I'll pass on this one.

18. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

I think the idea is that it's more Joe Danger. New vehicules, a story, 95 levels... Clearly it's more of the same and I'm happy to pay for it. Obviously if it's not your type of game or if you didn't like the first one this isn't going to change your mind.